Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I checked t1 ensorcell difficulty on a few items

Default I checked t1 ensorcell difficulty on a few items

Once I got enough energy for a t1, I wanted to take advantage of having access to a difficulty check before channeling for real. Here's what I got:

My relevant numbers:
    Level 61/62, 63 sorcery spells
    Arcane Symbols.....................| 236 136
    Magic Item Use.....................| 195 95
    Elemental Mana Control.............| 162 62
    Spirit Mana Control................| 144 44
    Sorcerous Lore - Necromancy........| 191 91

Intuition (INT): 88 (24) ... 94 (27)
    Wisdom (WIS): 100 (30) ... 121 (40) <-- usually cast with +37 WIS, though

Not in a workshop:

+0naginatayou can only fail if you are horribly unlucky
    +17HCP FGByou should be able to ensorcell it easily enough, barring bad luck.
    +20orb-less fusion armordisrupts the power of your spell!
    +20skinning knifeyou can only fail if you are horribly unlucky.
    +20ice-flare handwrapyou can only fail if you are horribly unlucky
    +20mechanical flaresyou can only fail if you are horribly unlucky
    +20sword, vibe flare, with EG wrapresists my magic
    +20steam flares macheteonly if horribly unlucky
    +20flares runestaff (forget which flares)only if horribly unlucky
    +20wand-holding, cold-flaring runestaffyou can only fail if you are horribly unlucky.
    +20Fully unlocked hidden blade with acid flaresyou will likely need a miracle to complete this ensorcellment.
    +20perfect maul (was blessed at the time)disrupts the power of your spell!
    +20bubble flare francisca (handaxe base) (while short 1 spirit)very difficult
    +24short bow (wyrwood I think)disrupts the power of your spell
    +25runestaff with scroll charmsyou can only fail if you are horribly unlucky
    +25SWCP spiked, ranger fire resist, double leatherodds are on your side to successfully complete the ensorcellment. *I think an injury made this hard. Later attempt was 'horribly unlucky'*
    +30vanilla runestaff (fireleaf)you can only fail if you are horribly unlucky.
    +30vanilla brigyou can only fail if you are horribly unlucky.
    +30vanilla tower shieldyou can only fail if you are horribly unlucky.
    +30perfect mithglin longswordyou can only fail if you are horribly unlucky.
    +30armor w/disruption flaresyou can only fail if you are horribly unlucky.
    +30acid flaring max light full plateyou can only fail if you are horribly unlucky.
    +35plain maulyou can only fail if you are horribly unlucky.
    +35plain runestaffyou can only fail if you are horribly unlucky.

In a workshop:
    +0new-style claidthis ensorcellment is completely beyond your abilities.
    +0 ebladed naginatacompletely beyond your abilities.
    +17HCP FGByou can only fail if you are horribly unlucky.
    +20bubble flare francisca (handaxe base)difficult, but possible
    +20Fully unlocked hidden blade with acid flaresyou will likely need a miracle to complete this ensorcellment.
    +25SWCP spiked, ranger fire resist, double leatheryou can only fail if you are horribly unlucky.
    +50HCP AsG 6this ensorcellment is completely beyond your abilities.

I skipped workshop checks when it was super easy in the open, and in-the-open checks when it was beyond me even in a workshop.

The one in bold is what I actually ensorcelled. I made an "excellent" attempt in a workshop and it was a success.
    Last edited by Goat; 04-30-2013 at 11:28 PM.

merged this post with OP
    Last edited by Goat; 04-06-2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: merged this post with OP

the timer is definitely keyed to lumnis, it didn't reset immediately, it took my killing 1 critter, but it did reset.

Blog Entries

What's your level, Goat? Number of sorcery spells?
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

5. Default

Thanks for the info you two. So you need to channel 735 at the item twice and it lets you know the likelyhood of success? Seems great. I'll let you all know how a 10x hcw perfect lance looks soon enough with my mediocre skills.

- ALL stats 100 (x influence)
    - 162 sorcerer spell ranks
    - 2x MIU, AS, SMC, 1.5x EMC
    - Tested at a Public workshop
    - Variable encumberance, no wounds

10x EDP full plate, rolaren, pauldron - You sense that the plate has not yet been permanently ensorcelled and that you will likely need a miracle to complete this ensorcellment. (tested in public AND sorcerer guild workshop)

flaring arm greaves (no spikes) - You sense that the arm greaves has not yet been permanently ensorcelled and that you can only fail if you are horribly unlucky.

8x MDP, vultite, pauldrons, spiked - Your plate resists your spell! - (temp) Necrotic energy materializes around your plate before being disrupted and fading away.

10x HCP robes, veniom - You sense that the shirt has not yet been permanently ensorcelled and that you can only fail if you are horribly unlucky.

8x MCP leather - You sense that the leather has not yet been permanently ensorcelled and that you will likely need a miracle to complete this ensorcellment.

+5 claid weighted battleaxe - You sense that the axe has not yet been permanently ensorcelled and that this ensorcellment is completely beyond your abilities.

9x shield - You sense that the shield has not yet been permanently ensorcelled and that you can only fail if you are horribly unlucky.

8x fusion staff with mana flares (no potion) - You channel at a staff.
    You sense a strange aura of power from within the diminutive staff that disrupts the power of your spell!
    You gesture at a staff.
    Necrotic energy materializes around your staff and sinks onto it like an ethereal film.

looks like padding really matters. If those pauldrons are snakestone pauldrons they won't play well with many things (ranger resistance for instance).

Blog Entries

Geeze.... not gonna lie, making me second guess getting my armor further padded at RtCF now if it'll result in them essentially be unsorcellable.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

As your song penetrates the brown leather, you determine that it is incredibly resistant to puncturing attacks and incredibly resistant to fiery attacks.
    4x full leather, ranger resist and warrior punct resistance

You sense that the brown leather has not yet been permanently ensorcelled and that you can only fail if you are horribly unlucky.

10x HCP robes, veniom - You sense that the shirt has not yet been permanently ensorcelled and that you can only fail if you are horribly unlucky.

8x MCP leather - You sense that the leather has not yet been permanently ensorcelled and that you will likely need a miracle to complete this ensorcellment.
    Looks like AsG is more important? Unless MCP refers to magnificently and not medium?
    A.M.D.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    D TEAM UNITE! YOUR HEAD CHEERLEADER IS CALLING, HIS ATTEMPTED RESCUE OF THEe IS FAILING.