Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: A Night at the Academy

There is very specific messaging who the creatures are spawning for each and every time they spawn. It is not like warcamps at all in that regard.

Hmm, Looks like the lowered the price a few bucks to draw more interest. Biggest thing they need though for public signups is the ability to set the group to a level block.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrairdrick View Post
    Hmm, Looks like the lowered the price a few bucks to draw more interest. Biggest thing they need though for public signups is the ability to set the group to a level block.
    This! I was lucky I was able to find a group for 20-somethings and our run is Sat, if it wasn't for someone setting up a custom run I'd be SOL.

BTW Any level 20-25 healers up for the Saturday run? Got 6 so far in the group, but not a single empath yet.
    Last edited by Nedus; 08-08-2012 at 02:36 AM. Reason: adding hoping healer joins our run

Anyone know how long and strong the Exp Orb prize from this is?

Got one, but haven't used it yet. I not sure how many others have been selected. I know of one other...

I was reviewing my log from my first run when I saw this: I don't see anything that cast, so thought this might be a random affect from the academy perhaps. What spell is this (implosion of some sort?)

I know that Lenobia and Nitouryu just had spell 102 (spirit barrier cast upon then); Whisker being a cleric may have had that spell up as well.

The air begins to thin rapidly.
    Air is sucked away from Ardwen!
    Debris strikes Ardwen in the leg.
    +11 Hits.
    Ardwen's ora full plate protects his legs from injury.

Air is sucked away from Gravely!
    Air sucked from Gravely's lungs.
    +6 Hits.
    Gravely is stunned!

Air is sucked away from Jymamon!
    Blood begins to gush from Jymamon's nose and ears!
    +17 Hits.
    Jymamon is stunned!

Air is sucked away from Greganth!
    Vitreous fluid boils in Greganth's eyes, causing them to burst!
    +24 Hits.
    Greganth is stunned!

Air is sucked away from Seomanthe!
    Roaring winds confuse Seomanthe.
    +8 Hits.
    Seomanthe is stunned!

Lenobia is not affected.
    Air is sucked away from you!
    Roaring winds confuse you.
    +8 Hits.
    Stunned for 3 rounds!

Nitouryu is not affected.
    Whisker is not affected.

Suddenly, a smoky lecturer materializes, heading right towards Jymamon!

Suddenly, an ethereal tutor materializes, heading right towards Seomanthe!

Suddenly, a hazy tutor materializes, heading right towards Greganth!

Suddenly, a ghostly scholar materializes, heading right towards Whisker!

Suddenly, an ephemeral archivist materializes, heading right towards Ardwen!

Suddently a vaporous abecedary materializes, heading right towards you!
    Last edited by Vrairdrick; 08-10-2012 at 07:42 PM.

It is an open implosion. Probably in an adjacent room.
    Aim: Rethx

The purple orbs from the beta were 4x RPA's, a GM stated that the blue orbs available now are less than that, but did not quantify them.

9. Default

The acuity staff on the prize table is 4x/2x and morphs between "a rune-carved black ironwood staff crowned with a skeletal ivory hand" and "a rune-carved black ironwood staff capped with a bleached ivory skull". No other scripts noted.
    Last edited by sprklstr; 08-13-2012 at 12:49 PM.

This is pretty much the same stuff they've been doing in DR, and I knew eventually it would come to GS since it was successful over there.

Think of these as micro-transaction quests, which aren't hard at all. Usually on the DR Wiki, people list the prizes and stats of all prizes on the tables etc once known too since typically they kind of get recycled thru out various other quests just with different descriptions.

But yeah, the quests are pretty easy to complete once you know the minor puzzles, and like others mentioned creatures spawn according to specific people and they give off messaging as to who they belong to. When they do, they are level specific to that person as well.

Same with the quest bosses, it scaled to you whenever it turned to attack you or you attacked it...So it never always had some defense you couldn't penetrate.