Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing Down Marlu - The Uncensored Version

Haha... I always knew we had a spy on the channel, but I didn't know everything was being logged necessarily. In hind sight, being intoxicated for a good portion of my active play time was probably a bad idea. :P

I'd actually love a copy of these logs, at least for nostalgia sake. For better or worse, there were some fun times had back then.

I miss all the excitement. I'm not even sure if Maldric is signed on and raising right now, and I don't care much. It was different back when everyone was more actively involved.

I'm not sure if this is, or ever will be apparent to (or accepted by) everyone, but despite a few rants and raves here and there, our group has never taken any of this stuff very seriously. We have always been a group of people who are together with the sole purpose of having fun and helping each other out. There was no agenda, mission statement, goal, etc. Just play, have fun, support each other. Obviously we "cared" enough to get pissed off occasionally, but that is more of an individual "fuck I died, mother fuckign cock shit ass fsdfjsdlfk" then "oh noes! our plans for world domination are being threatened!!!"

A lot of the inner workings of the group are missed, as much of our real communication was done through AIM. There was a brief period of time when we were organized and I remember saying to Cthulu, "wow... we actually have a pretty cool operation going on right now!" Everyone was active, we were doing the table operation with the boxes, helping each other out, etc. There still wasn't any true goal, we were just people who liked playing together and helping each other out. Of course, over time people started being AFK again, doing their own thing, IRL shit going on, etc. There was never any cohesiveness, and there was never really meant to be. Mordechai would stress almost on a daily basis, "remember, RL is more important. Always take care of that first."

Mordechai is almost child-like in his wanting for everyone to have fun, and likewise is insanely trusting and trustworthy. (That isn't an insult.) However, he has never been reliable enough to keep the group together or focused... and I don't think he really had any plans other than to have fun and cause some chaos on the server. I'm not sure what the point saying any of this is other than feeling an urge to defend him, I guess. He's a good guy, I consider him my friend, and will continue to play with him. It's too bad you guys don't have all the AIM logs, because I've torn into him quite a few times... deserving or not. There is only one time I've seen him get upset/angry/defeated, and it was after the madam/table fiasco. He said something along the lines of retiring his character. When I asked him why, he didn't give a shit that we lost the table, the loot, or pride... he was just upset that we were all fighting with each other. (We were arguing and pointing fingers, etc). It all only lasted a few minutes, then we all settled down and said "who gives a fuck, let's keep playing."

Someone and Cervina were always sort of the backbone of Marlu. Any structure we had came from them. Mordechai would pop in occasionally and say, "anyone want to [go hunting, kill stuff, attack someone, etc]?" Some would come, some wouldn't. Other than a few events here and there, that was about the extent of our "operations."

In my opinion, "Marlu" as a clan or group was more a creation of those who hated us than what we actually were. We were never much of a group, clan, or anything resembling organization. The organization against us far outweighed any organization we ever had or (the important part) wanted or attempted to have.

Blah... I don't know how this post got so long. I'm just spewing out random thoughts, I guess.

The only real negatives I've taken from any of this are 1) the fact the game is sort of boring now, and that makes me sad, because I want shattered to prevail as a community, and 2) i feel a little betrayed on a personal level by people whom I considered to be friends, and not just shattered-personalities or alter-egos.
    Last edited by calidus; 08-24-2010 at 03:00 PM.

2. Default

Finally an honest post.

Also, the shattered community was destined to be AFK scripters from day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by calidus View Post
    I'd actually love a copy of these logs, at least for nostalgia sake. For better or worse, there were some fun times had back then.
    Check that link on the first post. They're all there.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathravin View Post
    Finally an honest post.

Also, the shattered community was destined to be AFK scripters from day 1.
    I'm pretty sure that nothing in that post goes against any of the other stuff I've said. If there are conflicting accounts between what's posted above and in the past, I'd like to hear them.

But yeah, Shattered has always been destined for afk scripting. I assumed that when I joined, but I enjoy scripting and coding and figured it would be fun to mess around. I never thought I would be able to keep up with the Jones'.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Check that link on the first post. They're all there.
    Missed that. Cool.

[Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Maldric: Yes, ma'am, madam, you fucking cunt."

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by calidus View Post
    I'm pretty sure that nothing in that post goes against any of the other stuff I've said. If there are conflicting accounts between what's posted above and in the past, I'd like to hear them.

But yeah, Shattered has always been destined for afk scripting. I assumed that when I joined, but I enjoy scripting and coding and figured it would be fun to mess around. I never thought I would be able to keep up with the Jones'.
    Didn't really mean from you specifically. But from a Marlu. Honestly both sides tend to over-inflate themselves. That being said, this whole time when Necen said Marlu were playing checkers to the Vanguard's playing Chess, I sort of rolled my eyes and chortled...

I was WRONG. Marlu were street-tuffs, where The Vanguard was Jason Bourne... Should have named the damn thing Treadstone.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Liagala View Post
    ^ x2. Though it wasn't *all* my appreciation. I'm sure I could come up with a few more things to say, if the opportunity presented itself.
    Nothing is stopping you.

Didn't really mean from you specifically. But from a Marlu. Honestly both sides tend to over-inflate themselves. That being said, this whole time when Necen said Marlu were playing checkers to the Vanguard's playing Chess, I sort of rolled my eyes and chortled...

I was WRONG. Marlu were street-tuffs, where The Vanguard was Jason Bourne... Should have named the damn thing Treadstone.
    Yep, I talked about this day a while ago:

[Command]-GSF: Steven: "yeah, we should reveal our command and how we totally Jason Bourned them"
    [Command]-GSF: Daffy: "I think Necen needs to do that"
    [Command]-GSF: Steven: "call it the Marlu Identity"

That was DrunkenDurfin/Ifor's comparison, actually, and it was nothing but the truth.