Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 LastLast
Results 981 to 990 of 1003

Thread: College Football

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean2 View Post
    You're such an Alabama homer tamral.

    However this time they're earning it and earning it well. I hate Nick but he's got his shit together with the tide.

    Actually, I'm not an Alabama homer at all. I don't like the SEC, or in general, most of their fans (although at least most SEC fans tend to know their shit to go with their attitude, unlike ToSU jackass nation, or USC bandwagoners). But you can't take away what the team has done so far.

    They've beaten the most quality opponents, and in convincing fashion. They blased Georgia because they are ironclad up front stopping the run, and they never had to be worried about being tested deep. Stafford has an awesome arm, but his receivers run the deep routes shaky and get off the line slow. A QB like Tebow who has speedier and craftier receivers who can buy time is the most likely candidate to be in a position to go after what seems like their only defensive weakness. LSU can turn the game into a defensive struggle, but Alabama proved it was able to run the ball against what was supposed to be another great front in Georgia.

    Oklahoma, USC, and Texas are technically more talented, but if you look at quality wins, I'd take solid wins (double digits) over Clemson, Arky and Georgia over Cincy and TCU. Texas has one good win (arkansas), and USC lost a game.

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
    Oh, don't worry. Miami will be relevant again in the next year or two. OSU better find some people besides Wells to play for them though. They fucking suck without him in the lineup.
    Not likely. 2009 has an absolutely ridiculous number of early signees, and once again, their recruiting class is shaping to be less than what it should be. That being said, I dont know whats going on over at Ohio State, but getting 11 top 100 commits 5 weeks into the season reeks of something dirty. Kentucky isn't historically really their turf, and neither is Florida, eastern PA or Maryland.

  3. #983
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    6,410

    Default

    I still expect OSU to run the table in the big10. Next week at camp randall will be telling though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I'm a douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drisco View Post
    I am a le doche.

  4. #984
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    7,128
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldanforgotten View Post
    then who has played anyone?

    Blowing out clemson on the road, blowing out arkansas, and blowing up georgia on the road is nobody?
    The Clemson and Arkansas games mean jack shit. The Georgia game was impressive and is a quality win. They're riding the hype right now, that's all. I don't really care where LSU is ranked right now. We'll see how it shakes out when it's time for the SEC Championship. They beat Auburn, which is more than I expected from them this season. I still think they may lose at Florida, but I don't think they'll lose to Georgia or Alabama at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

  5. #985
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    6,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
    Oh, don't worry. Miami will be relevant again in the next year or two. OSU better find some people besides Wells to play for them though. They fucking suck without him in the lineup.
    You'll get to see a LOT of this guy in 2010 and 2011.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCCDnEFZQcc
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I'm a douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drisco View Post
    I am a le doche.

  6. #986
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    6,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    OSU has Pryor, although I say he has 5 arrests under his belt by the end of sophomore year.

    At least OSU gets to play in a joke conference, they have a direct path to losing the NC game.
    Are you fucking kidding me? The ACC is worse than the Mountain West. There isn't one team in the ACC that would finish in the top 4 in the big10
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I'm a douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drisco View Post
    I am a le doche.

  7. #987
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    6,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldanforgotten View Post
    Not likely. 2009 has an absolutely ridiculous number of early signees, and once again, their recruiting class is shaping to be less than what it should be. That being said, I dont know whats going on over at Ohio State, but getting 11 top 100 commits 5 weeks into the season reeks of something dirty. Kentucky isn't historically really their turf, and neither is Florida, eastern PA or Maryland.

    You contradict yourself nicely.

    Now if you want to discuss dirty tactics. Let's take a look at how Charlie Cheeseburger gets anyone to go to Notre Dame. Granted their classes are artificially inflated each year due to Lugienbill <sp?> rating the players and deciding who gets to play in the Army All-American game.

    FFS Golic Jr. played in the AAG and he got just owned by the real athletes he went up against. It was almost sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I'm a douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drisco View Post
    I am a le doche.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    You contradict yourself nicely.

    Now if you want to discuss dirty tactics. Let's take a look at how Charlie Cheeseburger gets anyone to go to Notre Dame. Granted their classes are artificially inflated each year due to Lugienbill <sp?> rating the players and deciding who gets to play in the Army All-American game.

    FFS Golic Jr. played in the AAG and he got just owned by the real athletes he went up against. It was almost sad.
    I don't contradict myself at all. Ohio State always has top 10 recruiting classes, and they always get 5-6 top 100 recruits. The generally get the best of Ohio, the best of Western PA, and some quality recruits from Michigan, and one or two other scattered top prospects.

    What they don't normally get are top recruits from the Miami area(2), Louisville(2), eastern Pennsylvania(1), and the rest of Kentucky(1).

    The Miami area generally belongs to the Florida schools, a few nearby schools with Florida ties, such as Georgia, GT, Alabama, and Tennessee, and the schools that recruit nationally (USC, Notre Dame, LSU).

    Louisville has ties to Louisville, and also is part of what is usually considered SEC recruiting turf with a sniff of Big 12.

    Notre Dame has always gotten highly rated classes because they do recruit nationally, have a lot of tradition ties, and are probably dirty as hell. USC is dirty as hell, the administrative staff just looks the other way.

    Schools don't just all of a sudden start tearing up new territory and picking top quality recruits out of areas they don't have ties. Recruits won't overfill their own positions voluntarily either.

    Ohio State has signed 5 of the top 14 cornerbacks this year. 3 of them came from outside their normal turf (Dorian Bell from Eastern PA, Justin Green from Louisville, and Dominic Clarke from Maryland). Last I checked, no one uses 5 corners on D. 3-4 of the top 14 corners in the country signed on knowing they'd be riding the bench their entire career?

    They signed 2 top running backs from Florida. Teams generally won't get 2 top players at a single position in a single year (exception being USC).

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me? The ACC is worse than the Mountain West. There isn't one team in the ACC that would finish in the top 4 in the big10
    The ACC is terrible this year. The Big East is weak too. But just as no one in the ACC would finish in the top 4 in the Big 10, no one in the Big 10 this year other than Penn State would finish respectably in the SEC or Big 12.

  10. #990
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Dirty, dirty
    Posts
    4,479

    Default

    Another one bites the dust. Topsy-turvy year. Good times.


    "Upsets happen on Thursday night."
    Last edited by Makkah; 10-02-2008 at 11:03 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •