Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ensorcell at 691 difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by LPR View Post
    The formula that works for me is you take the bard song difficulty and +99 since if starts out at a failure then another +50 for sorcerers and only around +1-12 for wizards to get to the greatest chance of success on the cast. So this at a bard song 791 you would add 149 and need a sorcerer with around 940 bonus to be at the best chance for success on the T4

The roll from the cast is an open roll and it wont add to your bonus unless it is higher than 100 but it also has the chance to fumble.
    Sorry guys - I'm rereading this and realizing the math I did in my previous posts is wrong. Thanks Zaoloo for pointing it out. LPR explained it correctly above.

sorc's bonus - item difficulty - cast modifier + D100 must total greater than 100 for a successful cast

303 rank mutant DE w/max enhancives = 863
    Item difficulty = 791
    Cast modifier for next tier of ensorcell = 50

So 863 - 791 - 50 = 22
    22 + D100 needs to be greater than 100 for successful cast ie needs to roll a 78+ to be successful on the T3.

T4 and T5 would not be possible without insane ascension bonuses or a -500 spellbound potion. Hopefully the BUGITEM is successful, because based on its stats the item should be a 591 and not a 791. Apologies for the confusion.

The official folks move about as fast as I do in selling off stuff.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the mithglin katar in your hand, and you learn something about it...

The first thing that strikes you about the katar is the weight, which is about 2 pounds. In your best estimation, it's worth about <a bazillion> silvers. You can also tell that the mithglin katar is predominantly crafted of mithglin.

Though you don't yet have a full understanding of the katar's qualities, you get the impression it would be a sophisticated project (791 difficulty) for an adventurer to modify.
    Roundtime: 5 sec.