Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Next Step

  1. #1

    Default Next Step

    https://www.wired.com/story/twitch-o...cy-harassment/

    I'm pretty sure there is law enforcement for that?

    "In the course of investigating those problem users, Twitch COO Sara Clemens tells WIRED, Twitch’s moderation and law enforcement teams learned how challenging it is to review and make decisions based on users’ behavior IRL or on other platforms like Discord. “We realized that not having a policy to look at off-service behavior was creating a threat vector for our community that we had not addressed,” says Clemens. Today, Twitch is announcing its solution: an off-services policy. In partnership with a third-party law firm, Twitch will investigate reports of offenses like sexual assault, extremist behavior, and threats of violence that occur off-stream."

    “Investigating off-platform behavior requires a high capacity for investigation, finding evidence that can be verifiable. It’s difficult to standardize.”

    "For privacy reasons, Clemens would not provide details on which law firm it had contracted to conduct these investigations, but noted that they specialize in sensitive investigations. One of its biggest challenges will be verifying allegations against top streamers."

    I have no problem with them monitoring their platform and if someone makes a viable threat or illegal act on it, removing them and reporting them to authorities.

    They are talking about sending out their own investigators to monitor your life off of the platform. How anyone would want big tech using investigators to follow you around and examine your life is beyond absurd.

    BTW - they won't release who they're sending out to spy on you - "for privacy reasons". Your privacy though, doesn't matter. See the duplicitousness of that?

    This should scare the living shit out of everyone.
    Last edited by Shaps; 04-11-2021 at 06:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In amazement
    Posts
    5,262

    Default

    Yep, Twitch is now on the way out. And yes, this is just a version of the Social Credit Score.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3

  3. #3

    Default

    Yup, social media platforms are going to verify illegal acts and extremism are legitimate before reporting to authorities. All your collusion, plans and hate speech are going to be evidence turned over to law enforcement. Great day for America, the fight against extremism has gotten another ally.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    This should scare the living shit out of everyone.
    Mostly just the shady ones. Mostly.

    The rest of us who aren't doing nefarious shit could give a flying fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    No U! I'm right, you're wrong. I heart the only president ever impeached for inciting an insurrection so hard. Please debate me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkBandit View Post
    Get more triggered. You're pathetic / retard champion. I love nazi shit and working gloryholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I hate fags & soyboys but I love Confederacy! Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    You a retarded dumbass.

  5. #5

    Default

    It takes a special type of person to think that the reporting of criminal acts or suspicious activities only applies to foreigners. I'm sure McVeigh, Kaczynski, Mateen, and every other domestic terrorist deserves every opportunity to commit crimes, because as the tinfoil hat club here would have you believe, preventing atrocities before they occur is straight up unconstitutional

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Yup, social media platforms are going to verify illegal acts and extremism are legitimate before reporting to authorities. All your collusion, plans and hate speech are going to be evidence turned over to law enforcement. Great day for America, the fight against extremism has gotten another ally.
    Your stupidity really is amazing.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Mostly just the shady ones. Mostly.

    The rest of us who aren't doing nefarious shit could give a flying fuck.
    Actually you should.

    This has nothing to do with "nefarious shit". This has to do with unlicensed monitoring by a private entity over your life. One that they control because of your exposure due to technology.

    This isn't a red, blue, or independent thing. This is a whole of society thing.

    If you think they won't come for you or someone you care about, you're not paying attention.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Mostly just the shady ones. Mostly.

    The rest of us who aren't doing nefarious shit could give a flying fuck.
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/m...195753997.html

    "The deal valued at $19.7 billion, Microsoft’s largest since it bought LinkedIn in 2016 for more than $26 billion, will give the Redmond, Washington-based company a big boost in what is expected to be a years-long race against fellow tech giants Amazon (AMZN) and Google (GOOG, GOOGL) to develop health care technology."

    "Twitch is an American video live streaming service that focuses on video game live streaming, including broadcasts of esports competitions. In addition, it offers music broadcasts, creative content, and more recently, "in real life" streams. It is operated by Twitch Interactive, a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc.[2] "

    You getting it yet? Trying to lead you to water here, but if I have to keep pointing out every step that's occurring, and will be attempted in the near future... it's going to get tiring.

  9. #9

    Default

    Here's another little piece for you... do the research and connect the dots yourself. I'm giving you starting points.

    https://isogg.org/wiki/List_of_DNA_testing_companies

    Then tie it all together through the current technology/media platforms used. You'll get there eventually.
    Last edited by Shaps; 04-12-2021 at 05:48 PM.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Actually you should.

    This has nothing to do with "nefarious shit". This has to do with unlicensed monitoring by a private entity over your life. One that they control because of your exposure due to technology.

    This isn't a red, blue, or independent thing. This is a whole of society thing.

    If you think they won't come for you or someone you care about, you're not paying attention.
    Social media platforms don't need a license to monitor your activity, nor do they need your ongoing consent to outsource content reviews to a third party. You signed their TOC when you created your account, you don't get a choice to revoke consent, but you can leave the platform.

    Don't do illegal activities and you're fine.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •