Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Step

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Social media platforms don't need a license to monitor your activity, nor do they need your ongoing consent to outsource content reviews to a third party. You signed their TOC when you created your account, you don't get a choice to revoke consent, but you can leave the platform.

Don't do illegal activities and you're fine.
    You seriously are an idiot.
    Last edited by Shaps; 04-13-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Social media platforms don't need a license to monitor your activity, nor do they need your ongoing consent to outsource content reviews to a third party. You signed their TOC when you created your account, you don't get a choice to revoke consent, but you can leave the platform.

Don't do illegal activities and you're fine.
    So, you believe there is no right to privacy at all.. and anyone who claims such a thing are obvious up to something illegal?

I agree with you about the TOS.. but I also believe that many of these companies have become monopolies and need to be broken up.
    RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    There will be no war when guns are more regulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    "I originally created an additional account back in the day to mess with the reputation system" Rep system came in 3 months later...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    You seriously are an idiot.
    A convincing counterpoint as always Dreaven. You never fail to disappoint with your well cited legal theories, counter arguments and retorts. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    So, you believe there is no right to privacy at all.. and anyone who claims such a thing are obvious up to something illegal?

I agree with you about the TOS.. but I also believe that many of these companies have become monopolies and need to be broken up.
    So let's look at this a different way. Our Constitution grants protection, from the government, against warrantless searches or seizures. That privilege does not apply from private citizens or corporations who either receive your information or have legal access to your information from handing it over. When legally obtained evidence is turned over, the court has upheld the right to usage of that evidence.

So no, I believe that we have a right to privacy. That right to privacy doesn't extend to idiots producing evidence against themselves by using it on social media or via cloud based storage.

A convincing counterpoint as always Dreaven. You never fail to disappoint with your well cited legal theories, counter arguments and retorts. Keep up the good work.
    You thinking I'm Dreaven means you are dumber than I thought.

The fact is, your replies are idiotic. Hence, you are an idiot.

If you don't understand the right to privacy, how their proposals violate that, and how it is interwoven into the larger picture... that's not my problem.

So let's look at this a different way. Our Constitution grants protection, from the government, against warrantless searches or seizures. That privilege does not apply from private citizens or corporations who either receive your information or have legal access to your information from handing it over. When legally obtained evidence is turned over, the court has upheld the right to usage of that evidence.

So no, I believe that we have a right to privacy. That right to privacy doesn't extend to idiots producing evidence against themselves by using it on social media or via cloud based storage.
    And again, you are missing the second half of the equation. What you have stated is legal and currently applied.

The companies are looking to expand their INVESTIGATION arm OUTSIDE of their OWN business.

Essentially, they want to put private eyes on you. So say you post something on Twitter. Some Twitter admin doesn't like what you said. They then assign someone (not law enforcement, their own PI agency) to follow you around as you get your coffee and take pictures of you. You'd like that?

They can do what they want with/on their platform, I have no problem with that. If they have a serious concern, they should report it to the authorities as they do now. Not send out their own/private investigators to probe your life.

You can see how that's fucked up right?
    Last edited by Shaps; 04-13-2021 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    And again, you are missing the second half of the equation. What you have stated is legal and currently applied.

The companies are looking to expand their INVESTIGATION arm OUTSIDE of their OWN business.

Essentially, they want to put private eyes on you. So say you post something on Twitter. Some Twitter admin doesn't like what you said. They then assign someone (not law enforcement, their own PI agency) to follow you around as you get your coffee and take pictures of you. You'd like that?

They can do what they want with/on their platform, I have no problem with that. If they have a serious concern, they should report it to the authorities as they do now. Not send out their own/private investigators to probe your life.

You can see how that's fucked up right?
    When's the last time you've read the terms and conditions of Facebook for example? By using their platform, you irrevocably agree to content review and moderation by Facebook, it's partners and affiliates. You also agree that usage of their platform constitutes an ongoing agreement to abide by its terms and conditions. This means everytime you search for a new pair of panties, a hundred algorithms are finding out which advertiser to sell your information to. It also means that if you privately message your criminal manifesto, that Facebook reserves the right to dissominate that information to law enforcement or its content review partners to find out if they need to send it to law enforcement.

Do I want some PI to track my day to day movements? No. Do I have a legal remedy from stopping it? Nope, because they're not breaking the law.

First off, anyone that puts any kind of personal information on a social media website so they can be located is just looking for trouble. As creepy as I find what they claim to be doing, I worry more about the REAL whack jobs out there tracking me down and killing me. Don't use your real name, never give location information and ALWAYS use a VPN, then microsoft and facebook and twitter can all go fuck themselves.

I quit social media but when I was on it, where they thought I was, was never where I was.