Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Felons Voting

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Death row I can see arguments for, as they are essentially being stripped of their life anyways. Other than that, though, nope.

My thing, I'm losing faith in the abilities of the Government. The "felons can't vote" thing just seems like an easy way to strip people of voting rights.
    I don't disagree with your sentiments Gelston, especially the second one.

I think if a person serves their time, then they should have their rights restored - they paid the due society has asked of them.

I'm all for it, except in certain violent actions. I believe if you murder, rape, child molester, etc. - the egregious bodily harm inflicted on someone else - that there should be a steeper price. We could discuss what specific acts this would apply to, and I'm all for a surgical approach to it's applicability, but I do not think a child molester should have the right to vote on laws which affect their actions against minors, just as an example.

Edit: https://nypost.com/2021/03/29/nyc-co...rm-the-police/

Things like this? For me personally, hell no. It's great if he is reformed and wants to make a difference. Make it with speaking to the youth, or some other way. Can you imagine being that Officers family, seeing him sitting and advising the Police board? Fuck that.
    Last edited by Shaps; 04-08-2021 at 02:51 PM.

I don't think voting should ever be taken away, to be frank. If you are a US Citizen, prisoner, felon, or not, you should be able to vote.
    I agree, all American citizens should keep their right to vote, even if they're incarcerated.
    I'm one of those few weirdos who doesn't use Lich.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara

My thing, I'm losing faith in the abilities of the Government. The "felons can't vote" thing just seems like an easy way to strip people of voting rights.
    I don't disagree.. and just like you have most of your other rights restored upon release, your right to vote should be restored when you leave prison and have paid your debt to society. While you are in prison though, no. You don't have any rights there because you've done something so heinous you need to be caged away from society.. why should you have a say in how that society runs?

The only right I believe you should forfeit is the right to bear arms when you are convicted of a violent crime.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 04-09-2021 at 08:57 AM.
    RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    There will be no war when guns are more regulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    "I originally created an additional account back in the day to mess with the reputation system" Rep system came in 3 months later...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Death row I can see arguments for, as they are essentially being stripped of their life anyways. Other than that, though, nope.

Agreed. Give em an inch, they take a mile. Let em strip voting rights from just the super nasty bad guys, next thing you know anyone who ever got charged with anything can't vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    No U! I'm right, you're wrong. I heart the only president ever impeached for inciting an insurrection so hard. Please debate me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkBandit View Post
    Get more triggered. You're pathetic / retard champion. I love nazi shit and working gloryholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I hate fags & soyboys but I love Confederacy! Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocktar / RapierSama View Post
    Reefer Madness from back in the day has been ridiculed and discredited it seems that a lot of it's claims, while sensationalized, are proving to be accurate.