Thread: Rome: Total War remastered

Blog Entries

Default Rome: Total War remastered

Well well well, they've remastered Rome 1. Looks good. I will buy.

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

No thank you.

I don't really like the idea of remastered games. Games that get remastered are games that folks really enjoyed when it was originally released or they still play years later because they enjoy what it offers. Trying to remake the wheel doesn't mean you're going to improve upon it....most likely they'll fuck something up and you'll hate the remaster and yourself for wasting your time and money on it.

I'll just install my physical copy of the game if I want to play it more. Rome: Total War Gold Edition!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    No thank you.

I don't really like the idea of remastered games. Games that get remastered are games that folks really enjoyed when it was originally released or they still play years later because they enjoy what it offers. Trying to remake the wheel doesn't mean you're going to improve upon it....most likely they'll fuck something up and you'll hate the remaster and yourself for wasting your time and money on it.

I'll just install my physical copy of the game if I want to play it more. Rome: Total War Gold Edition!
    Just watched some streams, it is way better. Whatever floats your goats though.

Blog Entries

I'm trying to remember if Rome 1 did anything particularly better than Rome 2. At least it's 50% off for owners of the original.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I'm trying to remember if Rome 1 did anything particularly better than Rome 2. At least it's 50% off for owners of the original.
    The map was modable. Didn’t need generals for Armies. Diplomacy has way more options. Prebattle General Speeches are far superior. Incendiary Pigs.