Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 74

Thread: Shocker: DOJ admits it ain't got shit on "insurrection"

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PWC, VA
    Posts
    8,558
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Lose high ground?

    Who here has said what happened at the Capitol should have?
    Who here has said people shouldn't have been arrested?
    Who here has said it was the right thing to do?

    I'm pretty sure none of us. The rioters were idiots and arrested as they should have been.

    It's the hypocrisy of calling it an "insurrection", when none of the violence over the past year has been referred to that way. All the attacks on government, all the attacks on private citizens, the formation of "autonomous zones", the demand for the abolition of local/state governments by violent jackasses.

    Not once did the media or Dems refer to any of that as insurrection! But, Republicans lose their fucking mind at a rally for one day and suddenly it's "worse than 9-11"?

    Get the fuck out of here. How about everyone - as you claim to do - call things as they are, not what the fucking talking heads tell you it is.
    Pretty sure I remember Tgo basically saying they were just taking a tour of the building and since it was open to the public it was fine.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

  2. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    If they had successfully hindered the vote, Trump would have still been out of office on the same date, we just would have had Congress decide who was President until it was. I'm betting they'd have had Biden there.

    See 20th Amendment for more details.
    Had the vote have went to the House due to failure to ratify, Republicans would have had the majority of states represented. If you think they'd have voted Biden, you're crazy.

    The above is exactly what the DOJ is probably investigating. Trump's participation in the attempted coup and establishing a very obvious motive for disrupting certification.

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    They're all insurrections, by definition.
    Finally some consisten.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    What the right wingers did under Trump's direction was stage an attempted coup.

  4. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Pretty sure I remember Tgo basically saying they were just taking a tour of the building and since it was open to the public it was fine.
    Nope. Try again.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    31,145
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Had the vote have went to the House due to failure to ratify, Republicans would have had the majority of states represented. If you think they'd have voted Biden, you're crazy.

    The above is exactly what the DOJ is probably investigating. Trump's participation in the attempted coup and establishing a very obvious motive for disrupting certification.
    No, because it wasn't a majority Republican House on Jan 20th. Democrats held the house since 2018 midterms. Do you follow politics?
    Last edited by Gelston; 04-13-2021 at 05:10 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  6. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    No, because it wasn't a majority Republican House on Jan 20th. Democrats held the house since 2018 midterms. Do you follow politics?
    Homeboy, that's not how the Electoral College works. If the results are not ratified, then it goes to Congress to conduct the contingency vote as defined by the Twelfth Amendment. Under that scenario, Republicans would have had a majority of electoral voters.

    Do you truly not understand that's why Trump and other's were demanding Pence rejected the ratification? And since Pence refused to do so, why Trump egged his supporters to March to the capital? You really have to be blind to not see that correlation.

  7. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I just want to make sure I'm understanding this, tell me where I'm wrong.

    Left wing terrorists: Riot in DC the day of Trump's inauguration, destroy federal property, destroy police cars.
    Largely peaceful protest.

    Left wing rioters for months firebomb federal courthouses and other federal buildings, take over various government offices/buildings, firebomb cop cars and other government vehicles, and over a dozen people are killed.
    Largely peaceful protest.

    A bunch of mostly unarmed right wing people enter the capitol building, in which almost everyone merely walked around the halls, almost every charge basically amounts to trespassing or interfering with congress.
    Insurrection/bloody coup.
    Did I say you were wrong? Lol they're all insurrections. They pulled a bundy. They're also equally retarded. I'm basically saying y'all pretended bundy was some sort of hero who was simply standing up for himself, yet flip about the chaz autonomous zone, which was effectively the same damn thing.

    Fox news sure enjoyed running the story.

    On Fox & Friends, co-host Ainsley Earhardt said that Bundy’s supporters are “good, hardworking Americans” who merely “disagree” with the government.
    Former Fox & Friends co-host Clayton Morris said the ranchers were “protesting peacefully” and “arguing against government intervention here.”
    Fox senior judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano, who was a contributor at the time, said that the ranch protesters “shows you the resistance of patriotic Americans.”
    Former Fox News contributor Todd Starnes said that the protesters were “law-abiding citizens” and “patriots.”
    Starnes also characterized the federal government seizing Bundy’s cattle as “stealing” and said that authorities “used to string folks up for stealing cattle.”
    On his prime-time Fox show, Hannity sympathized with Bundy's claims against the government and argued that allowing Bundy's cattle to graze on public lands “keeps the price of meat down for every American consumer.”
    Fox & Friends complained about the grazing regulations implemented to protect threatened desert tortoises that sparked the initial dispute between Bundy and the Bureau of Land Management. Co-host Brian Kilmeade said, “We're not anti-turtle, but we are pro-logic and tradition.”
    Hannity floated a conspiracy theory on his show that the federal government would kill Bundy and bragged about his role in escalating the standoff.


    After weeks of being championed by conservative media in 2014, Bundy and his armed supporters set up checkpoints to demand to see locals’ proof of residency and engaged in other intimidating tactics. Bundy’s tension with the Bureau of Land Management rose to a boiling point on April 12, 2014, when the federal agency moved to confiscate Bundy’s cattle. One reporter described the resulting chaos by saying Bundy supporters had been “whipped into a frenzy” by Hannity and others in conservative media. Bundy threatened violence against Bureau of Land Management agents who confiscated his cattle, saying that he would “do whatever it takes” and that he “abide[s] by almost zero federal laws.”

    Numerous media outlets reported on supporters pointing guns at federal agents, and one Bundy supporter gained media attention after he presented a strategy of using women as human shields. Another Bundy supporter, who was observed carrying a firearm, was later sentenced to 68 years in prison for his actions threatening law enforcement. Several supporters revealed a common affinity for extremism, including an urge to engage in a “range war.”
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

  8. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    Lol they're all insurrections.
    And yet you have spent like, what, 30 seconds of your time calling out the left wing "insurrections" and have whined about the right wing "insurrection" for dozens of posts now.

    You are fake news! SAD!
    Last edited by Tgo01; 04-13-2021 at 07:43 PM.

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    Did I say you were wrong? Lol they're all insurrections. They pulled a bundy. They're also equally retarded. I'm basically saying y'all pretended bundy was some sort of hero who was simply standing up for himself, yet flip about the chaz autonomous zone, which was effectively the same damn thing.

    Fox news sure enjoyed running the story.

    On Fox & Friends, co-host Ainsley Earhardt said that Bundy’s supporters are “good, hardworking Americans” who merely “disagree” with the government.
    Former Fox & Friends co-host Clayton Morris said the ranchers were “protesting peacefully” and “arguing against government intervention here.”
    Fox senior judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano, who was a contributor at the time, said that the ranch protesters “shows you the resistance of patriotic Americans.”
    Former Fox News contributor Todd Starnes said that the protesters were “law-abiding citizens” and “patriots.”
    Starnes also characterized the federal government seizing Bundy’s cattle as “stealing” and said that authorities “used to string folks up for stealing cattle.”
    On his prime-time Fox show, Hannity sympathized with Bundy's claims against the government and argued that allowing Bundy's cattle to graze on public lands “keeps the price of meat down for every American consumer.”
    Fox & Friends complained about the grazing regulations implemented to protect threatened desert tortoises that sparked the initial dispute between Bundy and the Bureau of Land Management. Co-host Brian Kilmeade said, “We're not anti-turtle, but we are pro-logic and tradition.”
    Hannity floated a conspiracy theory on his show that the federal government would kill Bundy and bragged about his role in escalating the standoff.


    After weeks of being championed by conservative media in 2014, Bundy and his armed supporters set up checkpoints to demand to see locals’ proof of residency and engaged in other intimidating tactics. Bundy’s tension with the Bureau of Land Management rose to a boiling point on April 12, 2014, when the federal agency moved to confiscate Bundy’s cattle. One reporter described the resulting chaos by saying Bundy supporters had been “whipped into a frenzy” by Hannity and others in conservative media. Bundy threatened violence against Bureau of Land Management agents who confiscated his cattle, saying that he would “do whatever it takes” and that he “abide[s] by almost zero federal laws.”

    Numerous media outlets reported on supporters pointing guns at federal agents, and one Bundy supporter gained media attention after he presented a strategy of using women as human shields. Another Bundy supporter, who was observed carrying a firearm, was later sentenced to 68 years in prison for his actions threatening law enforcement. Several supporters revealed a common affinity for extremism, including an urge to engage in a “range war.”
    Let's not forget in 2016 when Bundy's associate got cacked by the FBI for reaching for a handgun during a stop.

    https://www.sltrib.com/news/environm...shots-w-video/

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Let's not forget in 2016 when Bundy's associate got cacked by the FBI for reaching for a handgun during a stop.

    https://www.sltrib.com/news/environm...shots-w-video/
    Look who suddenly approves of police shootings if it's someone they don't like.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •