Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Awl-Pike

  1. Default Awl-Pike

    The thread about the perma-blessed lance reminded me of this weapon I've got. I'll copy/paste the key details from having my bard sing to it below. Anyone have any idea on value? I've also never seen a weapon that would prevent itself from being used like that.


    The first thing that strikes you about the awl-pike is the weight, which is about 6 pounds.

    Though you don't yet have a full understanding of the awl-pike's qualities, you get the impression it would be an involved project (233 difficulty) for an adventurer to modify.

    It has a bonus of +20 from a normal awl-pike, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it requires skill in polearms to use effectively. It also has some type of special ability, but you can't tell what yet.

    The awl-pike hums clearly, indicating that the item will prevent itself from being used unless the acting party meets certain conditions.
    You think that you could probably find out something more about the nature of the awl-pike's restriction if you tried.

    The harmonics generated tell you that the awl-pike has been infused with the power of a lightning bolt and has been sanctified for use by a Cleric or Paladin in the fight against the undead.
    The awl-pike resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
    It provides a boost of 5 to Polearm Weapons Ranks.
    A zorchar-edged silvery eonake awl-pike can only be used by a Master of the Order of Voln.
    It provides a boost of 10 to Max Stamina.
    It provides a boost of 2 to Stamina Recovery.
    The awl-pike looks to have almost innumerable charges remaining.

    The awl-pike hums clearly, indicating that the restriction's conditions are as follows:
    This item may not be used by the following professions: Warrior Rogue Wizard Cleric Empath Sorcerer Ranger Bard Savant Monk

    You sense that the silvery eonake awl-pike will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended.
    "Can take down a construct, can't kill a dire bear. Bloody hell, woman."

  2. #2

    Default

    So it can only be used by a Voln paladin?

    It seems worse than a perfect lance, it seems like it should be pawned. Certainly do not make a project piece out of it, for the love of god!
    I accepted free spells during an "automated third party promotion" from "the responsible party," but I only did it once, and I didn't hunt until after they wore off

  3. Default

    Voln paladin or Voln cleric. I'm not planning on making any upgrades to it. My wizard can't handle enchanting anything like that and won't be able to for a long time, and I'm definitely not going to put the silvers into paying someone else to do it.

    I was more curious what value it might have where it's so specific who can use it and the restrictions. I've got a little paladin I rolled up just to use it, and it's a great weapon for her at 22.
    "Can take down a construct, can't kill a dire bear. Bloody hell, woman."

  4. #4

    Default

    Very restrictive. I have a weapon that can only used by ranger rogue or warrior and I thought was bad. That said it has enhancives and someone might want it. I might start at mb 1 silver and see where you go. Might get 5m out of it if you find the right buyer

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,483
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gsivkitt View Post
    Voln paladin or Voln cleric. I'm not planning on making any upgrades to it. My wizard can't handle enchanting anything like that and won't be able to for a long time, and I'm definitely not going to put the silvers into paying someone else to do it.

    I was more curious what value it might have where it's so specific who can use it and the restrictions. I've got a little paladin I rolled up just to use it, and it's a great weapon for her at 22.
    Itís say it cannot be used by Clerics in your post in the class restriction section. The sanct part I think will always show paladin/cleric. I think thatís default messaging
    Last edited by Orthin; 03-15-2021 at 12:16 PM.
    Discord - Daedo Meesh'Bodes#3464

    Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

    Daedo - Main Caster (Cleric)
    Ebstein - Main Melee (Monk)
    Ilyin - Utility dude (Empath)

  6. #6

    Default

    Tbh that thing is kind of a piece of shit considering the restrictions that donít seem to have any kind of payoff.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-15-2021 at 12:51 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,483
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Was this a box found? I mean it’s a pretty cool find.
    Discord - Daedo Meesh'Bodes#3464

    Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

    Daedo - Main Caster (Cleric)
    Ebstein - Main Melee (Monk)
    Ilyin - Utility dude (Empath)

  8. #8

    Default

    Does the Voln Paladin thing result in some extra bonus/feature when being swung by one? Or is is it restricted like that just because? Seems like there should/would be some sort of added bonus that would come with that sort of restriction on it.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Does the Voln Paladin thing result in some extra bonus/feature when being swung by one? Or is is it restricted like that just because? Seems like there should/would be some sort of added bonus that would come with that sort of restriction on it.
    No bonus, just because. A google search for the item name showed posts from 2007 on these forums with people trying to sell the same item. This is probably just some GM's idea of a strong item from back in 2005 or something.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    No bonus, just because. A google search for the item name showed posts from 2007 on these forums with people trying to sell the same item. This is probably just some GM's idea of a strong item from back in 2005 or something.
    I wonder which GM came up with that useless as fuck idea.

    All GM made items should have a GM signature on it, at least on 405 and/or loresong. Similar to an enchanter's mark. So we know who to make fun of when stuff like this pops up.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •