Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Ascension questions and more!

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    I saw that exchange on the official forums and found it curious. Multiple customers, most of whom don't know each other in game and may not even get along on the forums, expressed concern over the PSM 2 update's after effects. Instead of addressing the actual concerns, Naijin basically doubled down with a "nope, there is no problem" attitude like a dude bro who's arguing on the discord mechanic server, and stubbornly held on to that line of logic using all the technicalities and twisted arguments he can manage.

It's more acceptable for a player to argue ad nauseams in favor of their favorite design in an autistic manner - they're a single paying customer, and hopefully the game dev will have the judgment to ignore the more outrageous or biased suggestions anyway. When a game dev does the same in an official capacity, it's a lot less acceptable because it fails to actually address concerns from multiple customers on top of making the company they represent look bad.

I think because Naijin is a contracted employee and not someone like Wyrom who makes a full time living from the game, he doesn't quite understand that. From Naijin's point of view, being able to "beat" customers who are offering feedback/concerns on an update he helped release qualifies as a win. He may not understand that "winning", for Simu the company, is making money, which involves retaining subscriptions from current customers. You also sometimes see a similar sort of misunderstanding expressed by him when he responds to other concerns from players - like when people worry whether all the new negative status would be annoying when used by critters, he shifts the responsibility to critter designers and basically resorts to a "not my department" answer. Customers tend to see companies as a singular entity, they don't see differentiate between company employees in different departments. "Not my department" results in clusterfuck scenarios like one GM designing a spell (1206) that can't be viably used by the one class with access to it, and another GM releasing said spell on a x/day item at a cash event - every GM/employee did what made sense in the scope of their own department, but the overall result was the loss of a lot of good will from the customer base.

Anyway, Naijin was very firm on his position in the PSM 2 feedback thread on the official forums, and it was clear that the concerns people provided feedback on were not going to be addressed or even acknowledged. Sadly, reading between the lines, this seems to be the general way future updates would be handled as well. I've actually canceled the account my wizard was on and downgraded the premium on my main account as well based on the responses I saw there. If there are characters or accounts you barely play due to the issues from the PSM 2 update or any update, you should cancel or downgrade said accounts and make sure to clearly state why in the feedback area. When polite feedback doesn't seem to quite work, voting with your wallet can work better from my past experience with other game's devs.
    I don't want to get all conspiratorial but in this case with such a fucking insane change to the game itself I tink it warrants it.

Naijin is getting all his marching orders from Wyrom.

We all know Wyrom by now probably more so than some of our RL peeps. The dude loves to play this good cop (him) bad cop (Naijin) routine.

I'm hoping right now that Naijin is going to play his little "shit on pures and that one semi/pure profession and buff the shit out of my Erithian warrior" stunt and Wyrom will at the last minute step in and save the game as we know it.

I'm feeling pretty confident he wil, he'll look like a hero.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    I'm hoping right now that Naijin is going to play his little "shit on pures and that one semi/pure profession and buff the shit out of my Erithian warrior" stunt and Wyrom will at the last minute step in and save the game as we know it.

I'm feeling pretty confident he wil, he'll look like a hero.
    I doubt that, skellington bro. Things actually look like they're going in a worse direction. The new stuff listed in the PSM 3 doc was originally described as an alternative to open ambushing & mstriking. Just benign stuff less than or equal to in power level to currently used skills/strategies to provide variety. Some of the more recent posts from Naijin described the new skills as being meant to be stronger than currently popular things:

Status quo changing, meaning how people hunt today, and meta changing, meaning the most efficient way to hunt, are two different things. You could make an argument that they're the same thing, but that's only true for a select group, namely the min/max crowd.

You can continue to hunt post phase 3 the same way you to today which maintains the status quo. I don't expect it to be the most efficient way to hunt for the majority of players, but the status quo is mostly maintained by design.
    That's a pretty alarming shift from the friendly "you don't have to use it if you don't like it" vibe they originally presented the PSM 3 stuff with. Going down this route, a year after the release of this stuff, you might find old favorites like open ambushing and such nerfed based on a "you got the new stuff, it works better anyway, you don't need that old stuff anymore" logic.
    Last edited by bunnymustdie; 04-24-2021 at 09:47 PM.

3. Default

I doubt that, skellington bro. Things actually look like they're going in a worse direction. The new stuff listed in the PSM 3 doc was originally described as an alternative to open ambushing & mstriking. Just benign stuff less than or equal to in power level to currently used skills/strategies to provide variety. Some of the more recent posts from Naijin described the new skills as being meant to be stronger than currently popular things:

That's a pretty alarming shift from the friendly "you don't have it use it if you don't like it" vibe they originally presented the PSM 3 stuff with. Going down this route, a year after the release of this stuff, you might find old favorites like open ambushing and such nerfed based on a "you got the new stuff, it works better anyway, you don't need that old stuff anymore" logic.
    So basically all my worst fears realized.

4. Default

PMS 3.0 is going to be worse than I thought
    I accepted free spells during an "automated third party promotion" from "the responsible party," but I only did it once, and I didn't hunt until after they wore off

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    That's a bit harsh. I cancelled my accounts (something I had done many times at that point) and left a comment about the wizard changes. I received an email stating that Wyrom was keeping an eye on things and to be assured they weren't going to kill any playstyles or something to that effect. I'd never received anything but the standard boilerplate email before that. And after the initial proposal there was a good amount of back and forth about what changes would be reasonable. Granted, that was more than I'm seeing now, but I remain hopeful. My only main is a hurling bard and if my playstyle gets killed I am willing to hang it up. I'd prefer not to though.
    I'm referring to the dev GMs, mainly Estild and Naijin. Wyrom just lets them do whatever they want these days, and it really sucks balls.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I saw that exchange on the official forums and found it curious. Multiple customers, most of whom don't know each other in game and may not even get along on the forums, expressed concern over the PSM 2 update's after effects. Instead of addressing the actual concerns, Naijin basically doubled down with a "nope, there is no problem" attitude like a dude bro who's arguing on the discord mechanic server, and stubbornly held on to that line of logic using all the technicalities and twisted arguments he can manage.

It's more acceptable for a player to argue ad nauseams in favor of their favorite design in an autistic manner - they're a single paying customer, and hopefully the game dev will have the judgment to ignore the more outrageous or biased suggestions anyway. When a game dev does the same in an official capacity, it's a lot less acceptable because it fails to actually address concerns from multiple customers on top of making the company they represent look bad.

I think because Naijin is a contracted employee and not someone like Wyrom who makes a full time living from the game, he doesn't quite understand that. From Naijin's point of view, being able to "beat" customers who are offering feedback/concerns on an update he helped release qualifies as a win. He may not understand that "winning", for Simu the company, is making money, which involves retaining subscriptions from current customers. You also sometimes see a similar sort of misunderstanding expressed by him when he responds to other concerns from players - like when people worry whether all the new negative status would be annoying when used by critters, he shifts the responsibility to critter designers and basically resorts to a "not my department" answer. Customers tend to see companies as a singular entity, they don't differentiate between company employees in different departments. "Not my department" results in clusterfuck scenarios like one GM designing a spell (1206) that can't be viably used by the one class with access to it, and another GM releasing said spell on a x/day item at a cash event - every GM/employee did what made sense in the scope of their own department, but the overall result was the loss of a lot of good will from the customer base because both actions were just attributed to Simu the company.

Anyway, Naijin was very firm on his position in the PSM 2 feedback thread on the official forums, and it was clear that the concerns people provided feedback on were not going to be addressed or even acknowledged. Sadly, reading between the lines, this seems to be the general way future updates would be handled as well. I've actually canceled the account my wizard was on and downgraded the premium on my main account as well based on the responses I saw there. If there are characters or accounts you barely play due to the issues from the PSM 2 update or any update, you should cancel or downgrade said accounts and make sure to clearly state why in the feedback area. When polite feedback doesn't seem to quite work, voting with your wallet can work better from my past experience with other game's devs.
    You should send a copy of this post this to feedback. Seriously.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Not Simu feedback.

Send it directly to StillFront:

jorgen@stillfront.com <-- CEO

andreas@stillfront.com <--CFO

sofia@stillfront.com <-- Head of relations Sofia Wretmann.

All complaints about the game should be sent directly to the owners, not to Simu which will invariably forward such complaints to "do nothing, sit-on-my-hands, I hope those 2 whales don't quit" Wyrom.

Not Simu feedback.

Send it directly to StillFront:

jorgen@stillfront.com <-- CEO

andreas@stillfront.com <--CFO

sofia@stillfront.com <-- Head of relations Sofia Wretmann.

All complaints about the game should be sent directly to the owners, not to Simu which will invariably forward such complaints to "do nothing, sit-on-my-hands, I hope those 2 whales don't quit" Wyrom.
    Yes, do that.

Do both.

DO IT NOW!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Not Simu feedback.

Send it directly to StillFront...
    I'm glad what I wrote resonates with you guys, but I'm not wasting more of my life trying to help them fix the game's issues. You're free to send my post along with Drumpel's quote to whoever you want, though, if you believe it would do some good.

However, the best thing to do if you don't like what has been done so far or where things appear to be going is to cancel or downgrade accounts and point out the exact update or employees that has encouraged you to do so, including specific examples where possible. If you keep on paying for the same side accounts or premium status because of whatever profit or convenience they bring, you're sending them the message that whatever they've done that you dislike is perfectly ok, since they're still getting the same amount of money from you. Money, or the lack thereof, sends the loudest message.

I seem to recall reading one time that lightening weapons isn't always a good thing, but I forget why exactly.

Does it have something to do with ambushing? Or maybe it was two weapon combat and if the main hand weapon is lighter than the off-hand weapon then it causes some issues?

Anything like that? Or am I just going crazy and it's okay to always lighten a weapon?