Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wyromania list?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mgoddess View Post
    Jesus F'ing Christ, "you" (general you) people are insane.

I mean, how does someone rationally spend dozens of thousands of dollars on several lines of text, in a 40-year old text-based game... seriously.

Maybe my problem is thinking that people who play this game are at all "rational"...

(I do think some of the offerings were awesome though; Leafiara getting a fully decked-out Man'O'War, without needing the K.F. rep for it, is amazing, not to mention the private properties, the fully decked-out Trrixie bag, and several other things.)
    To me this is like spending money on a fancy car, it will never make sense to me to buy a car more than 10-30k brand new but folks will buy a car worth 80-100+k. Just like people think I am nuts spending 100s of dollars on goats. How people spend their own money always confuses others who would not spend money that way.
    Discord - Daedo Meesh'Bodes#3464

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Daedo - Main Caster (Cleric)
    Ebstein - Main Melee (Monk)
    Ilyin - Utility dude (Empath)

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    Most people playing a subscription based text game in 2021 are not really rational, no doubt about that.
    Agreed. For 99.999999% of the world, the difference between spending $30 a month and $30,000 a month on a 40 year old text game is functionally negligible.
    Last edited by BLZrizz; 02-28-2021 at 04:19 PM.
    Discord: Rucil#1805

Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    Most people playing a subscription based text game in 2021 are not really rational, no doubt about that.
    I mean, you aren't wrong with that... I was going to put something about lumping myself into the "non-rational" pool, since I also play. I don't put in 100's of dollars into the game, but neither do I put 0 into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    To me this is like spending money on a fancy car, it will never make sense to me to buy a car more than 10-30k brand new but folks will buy a car worth 80-100+k. Just like people think I am nuts spending 100s of dollars on goats. How people spend their own money always confuses others who would not spend money that way.
    Good way of thinking about it!
    ~ Just another Crazy Cat Lady, living the life. ~
    ~ Player of Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai, and plenty of others. ~
    ~ Have something to say to me? Tell me anonymously! ~

4. Default

I seriously doubt we are getting "fresh whales" every few years.

Even if we suppose some of us growing up got super lucky or what have you and came into some serious money (10's of millions at least.. even for a nutter who's lonely and reliving his childhood or whatever dropping 25 grand just like that is not a cost prohibitive proposition). I bet there's 2 or maybe 3 (at most) that fit this category and that's it.

Then there's the more tragic, "I'm just a normie wagee but I'm super addicted to this 1980's text-based game and I'm dropping 25 grand which is almost half my yearly paycheck and my wife is going to leave me and she said she'll take my kids and the dog." player.

I bet Wyrom is keeping tabs on all these so called whales, probably knows who they are too.

Unless said whales decide to give away all their toys when they leave, it's close to impossible to "cash out" their mind-boggling possessions... maybe possible if everything get's converted to silvers and you slowly sell said 15 billion silvers over the course of several years or if whale1 dumps everything off on whale2?

It honestly feels like playing with fire if you think you can liquidate all your whale toys and get back remotely what you paid for them.

I wonder if Wyrom's changes to the silver market has anything to do with whales.

Come to think of it is there a category 3 by chance? Not super rich not some degenerate addict but some guy running scripts 24/7 with 10 accounts and making a shit ton of silvers to sell for scrip or whatever?

Skel, I think the people dropping 20k or whatever for items (some of which are account/char attuned) dont care. It seems you (and likely lots of others) look at it like a return on investment, ability to break even/ cash out etc. The 2-3 whales Ive ever gotten to know over the years simply dont care. If it all vanished tomorrow its money they dont need that was spent on entertainment. There is no grand plan to get it back somehow.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post

Come to think of it is there a category 3 by chance? Not super rich not some degenerate addict but some guy running scripts 24/7 with 10 accounts and making a shit ton of silvers to sell for scrip or whatever?
    Sure, guys like this exist. Leafiara for example. But these guys are not super whale territory, at most a tiny humpback whale if they decide to keep a lot of their silvers/scrip to buy toys instead of just selling most of it for profit. They don't get to the point where they spend a 5 digit figure USD amount on a single item.
    Last edited by bunnymustdie; 02-28-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    I seriously doubt we are getting "fresh whales" every few years.

Even if we suppose some of us growing up got super lucky or what have you and came into some serious money (10's of millions at least.. even for a nutter who's lonely and reliving his childhood or whatever dropping 25 grand just like that is not a cost prohibitive proposition). I bet there's 2 or maybe 3 (at most) that fit this category and that's it.

Then there's the more tragic, "I'm just a normie wagee but I'm super addicted to this 1980's text-based game and I'm dropping 25 grand which is almost half my yearly paycheck and my wife is going to leave me and she said she'll take my kids and the dog." player.

I bet Wyrom is keeping tabs on all these so called whales, probably knows who they are too.

Unless said whales decide to give away all their toys when they leave, it's close to impossible to "cash out" their mind-boggling possessions... maybe possible if everything get's converted to silvers and you slowly sell said 15 billion silvers over the course of several years or if whale1 dumps everything off on whale2?

It honestly feels like playing with fire if you think you can liquidate all your whale toys and get back remotely what you paid for them.

I wonder if Wyrom's changes to the silver market has anything to do with whales.

DR wouldn't be a thing if it wasn't for these whales buying up the scrip.

They are an important part of the economy...mental illness or not.

Who is more mentally ill, the rich guy who spends his money how he wants and is just lovin life

Or the creepy obsessed plebes who re-enact this same bitchfest every wyromania, complaining about what other people do with their money in AMERICA, in tyool 2021. If you don't like having freedom to spend your own money how you want, go back to Russia, STALIN
    [LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

[Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"

[Private]-GSIV:Warclaidh: "what is booty percs"

Quote Originally Posted by Luntz View Post
    Who is more mentally ill, the rich guy who spends his money how he wants and is just lovin life
    Based on how you post on LNet, you, you are the guy who is more mentally ill.

Quote Originally Posted by mgoddess View Post
    I mean, you aren't wrong with that... I was going to put something about lumping myself into the "non-rational" pool, since I also play. I don't put in 100's of dollars into the game, but neither do I put 0 into the game.
    I mean, there are different levels of irrationality, ranging from 'I drop $10 on a text game per month' to 'I run 10 accounts, all premium' to Rendena levels of batshit insane to 'I dropped $25k on some special text'