Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: sheru staff (cross-realm teleporter)

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So how many times a day do people need to go to Landing? And what on earth for?
    Like any time there's an invasion and you want to pop back in? Or meet someone in landing bank for a transaction at a moments notice? Landing is pretty much the central social point of the game. And it's quite convenient to be able to move around like that, not to mention being able to leave scatter and other annoying places. Also it's unlimited unlike those 1x/day mounts. People routinely pay far more for far less in this game, and this one isn't even the most expensive of cross realm items out there.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    6,807
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    "Mechanically unremarkable" That made me giggle.

    Seriously though- 750m silvers to go to the Monestary in Landing? That's absurd.


    There are mounts that can take you anywhere you want to go in 60 seconds or less for a fraction of the price. And the Monestary isn't the easiest place to get out of, if I recall correctly- though it's been many years...because there's nothing in Landing to hunt if you're anywhere near capped. So how many times a day do people need to go to Landing? And what on earth for?

    Adorable RP tool. Mechanically unremarkable. Ridiculous price.


    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    6,807
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    Like any time there's an invasion and you want to pop back in? Or meet someone in landing bank for a transaction at a moments notice? Landing is pretty much the central social point of the game. And it's quite convenient to be able to move around like that, not to mention being able to leave scatter and other annoying places. Also it's unlimited unlike those 1x/day mounts. People routinely pay far more for far less in this game, and this one isn't even the most expensive of cross realm items out there.
    It would be even better if it took you to the broken lands. I never had enough scroll reading by that level to get in.


    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PWC, VA
    Posts
    8,534
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Now you can port back to get invoker spells.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    It would be even better if it took you to the broken lands. I never had enough scroll reading by that level to get in.
    That's where the Monastery is. The Sheru part was added on much later than the original area but its still part of the broken lands.
    This would put you past the scroll reading check to get in but you would probably need some to get out. I know you'd be fine with 15 ranks which is of course trivial to use a cross realm item.

    Anyway too bad I didn't see this in action when I out there - I had two characters resting in the summon chamber for a few months. It would have been unthinkable to see someone teleport in, since I never even saw anyone even walk in normally.

    If its the same one. I was in the one with the orb on the table, because that door would stay open where the chapel would click and lock on me. Not even sure if the chapel was noded anyway. And the other room with the portcullis, I couldn't remember how people used to get in there or if its just not even open anymore. The trap on that one has been disarmed for over a year and I imagine it would reset if anyone goes in, so I think that nobody does.

    There was some neat messaging in the one I rested in. The orb will randomly scry TSC, warlocks come in and start yelling that there's infidels in the chamber, and of course the greater vruul would gen.

    The whole broken lands is kind of like a home area for one of my guys and its too bad ascension didn't come out until he out-leveled it. I'd have dialed down my leveling exp all the way to stay.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    "Mechanically unremarkable" That made me giggle.

    Seriously though- 750m silvers to go to the Monestary in Landing? That's absurd.


    There are mounts that can take you anywhere you want to go in 60 seconds or less for a fraction of the price. And the Monestary isn't the easiest place to get out of, if I recall correctly- though it's been many years...because there's nothing in Landing to hunt if you're anywhere near capped. So how many times a day do people need to go to Landing? And what on earth for?

    Adorable RP tool. Mechanically unremarkable. Ridiculous price.
    Monastery is easy to get in and out of as long as you're not a giant retard.

    Look at this way: Since it's a staff, so you could still technically use it as a dildo. That should increase the value for you like tenfold.

    Adorable RP tool. Mechanically unremarkable. Ridiculous price.
    Tell us more about your massively overpriced and 99% novelty 1% useful "fun, fancy, blunt weapons" that all smell like a mixture of mothballs and old butthole for some reason though.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-25-2021 at 08:37 AM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  7. #17

    Default

    seems pretty nice if you travel around a lot

  8. Default

    I think Vishra is failing to appreciate how valuable rarity is in a market of one percenters. It's insane to pay $200 million for a Francis Bacon painting to make your guests uncomfortable, but when you making a couple billion dollars a year and own absolutely everything you could possibly want already, it's not that crazy if you like bad art. There are a lot of people in GS that simply have nothing to buy anymore. They are presumably the target market for this insanely cool item.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zennsunni View Post
    I think Vishra is failing
    This is correct in any context.


    You can one shot things with an e-bladed dagger if you really wanted to. Tricked out weapons are almost all novelty unless they're allowing you to hunt stuff that you'd normally be unable to, which I don't have a clue what weapons exist like that.

    I have a T5 sigil staff with 2 separate dispel flares on them, both maxed out at 3 spells, T5 ensorcell and all that bullshit, and I'll be the first to tell you that none of that shit is needed to do anything. It's just fun item to have, but I wouldn't be steamrolling things any slower without it in 99.99999999% of my encounters just using a plan e-bladed 0x runestaff.

    Squares are more gear dependent than pures of course, but anything proc based or that you have no real control over is just novelty shit to see flashy screen scroll.

    "But it has like a 25% proc rate!"

    It also has a 75% do nothing rate.

    Visha is just jelly and stupid and "fun fancy OHBs" are just a tool for her to use on LNet when she wants attention from people who don't know any better.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-25-2021 at 01:15 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    With your mom
    Posts
    5,592

    Default

    She’s willing to shell out thousands of dollars for items of less mechanical value as the staff but can’t pay $20 for a pocket wizard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •