Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 354

Thread: Official: Reim Lag

  1. #171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I think the biggest issue here that the GMs may have with it, is how accessible it is for everyone to run around spelled to the gills in such a short time. (I'm perfectly ok with it, but I could see from a Dev point of view how it may be a nuisance).
    Let's be honest here: they're perfectly okay with people running around spelled to the gills, IF they got those spells by MA'ing. However, if they get them from someone sitting at a table, and spelling up everyone, they are definitely not okay with it. It's clearly a revenue thing.

  2. #172
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    In your valley, beneath your sky
    Posts
    13,153
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    It looks very strange on their part to just sweep it under the carpet like that after a customer gets straight out accused of something untrue by them on their forums. It's actually made the accusation look less like an honest mistake and more of an intentional pretext for starting some rough crackdowns.
    Some day, you will become as cynical as the rest of us.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  3. #173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    Let's be honest here: they're perfectly okay with people running around spelled to the gills, IF they got those spells by MA'ing. However, if they get them from someone sitting at a table, and spelling up everyone, they are definitely not okay with it. It's clearly a revenue thing.
    Can't say that I disagree...And one wild reason why I'm surprised they never introduced spellup NPCs already, to kinda push out Dreaven and enter that "field" to gain more revenue from.

    But I assume they haven't since even if they did, they couldn't stop him from doing these spellups...yet...which people would go to instead of paying an NPC in silver or Premie Points etc to get spells

  4. #174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Can't say that I disagree...And one wild reason why I'm surprised they never introduced spellup NPCs already, to kinda push out Dreaven and enter that "field" to gain more revenue from.

    But I assume they haven't since even if they did, they couldn't stop him from doing these spellups...yet...which people would go to instead of paying an NPC in silver or Premie Points etc to get spells
    They'll figure out some way to do it. Have to buy spell passes, maybe, or something like that.

  5. #175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I think the biggest issue here that the GMs may have with it, is how accessible it is for everyone to run around spelled to the gills in such a short time.
    Apparently not since they are talking about creating an NPC that will hand out spells instantly and presumably the NPC won't be limited by mana so everything is all nice and instant.

  6. #176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    They'll figure out some way to do it. Have to buy spell passes, maybe, or something like that.
    Yeah. I just wish they'd update their freakin engine....I'm ok for here and there monetization in games now a days, but this one has gotten out of hand due to Subscription fees + every other known fee to man to play the extra. You'd figure with as much money that this game brings in lately, they'd be busy rehauling the entire game on the backend/side separately to ensure further longevity. My worry is eventually this game is just going to become so obsolete/cluttered it will just break heh

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Apparently not since they are talking about creating an NPC that will hand out spells instantly and presumably the NPC won't be limited by mana so everything is all nice and instant.
    Source for this? and details?

  8. #178
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    In your valley, beneath your sky
    Posts
    13,153
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    A number of GMs have spent numerous hours over the last week optimizing code to help resolve the issue.

    We're also considering a NPC spell caster that would periodically show up quietly offer spells. It would allow players to get spells without having to gather up all at the exact same time, could do so quietly (similar with MANA SPELLUP), and would allow players more time to roleplay at events and only have to leave for a few seconds to get spells, then can return to participate.

    GameMaster Estild
    I'm just glad Estild finally said the quiet part out loud.

    "People are spending too much time roleplaying and having fun at Dreavenings!!!! We want to make sure people spend more time at GM events!"
    LMAO THEY'RE TRYING TO REPLACE DREAVENINGS!

    Last edited by Taernath; 02-21-2021 at 10:37 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  9. #179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    Source for this? and details?
    Estild said this on the officials a few minutes ago. I quoted it in my other post:

    A number of GMs have spent numerous hours over the last week optimizing code to help resolve the issue.

    We're also considering a NPC spell caster that would periodically show up quietly offer spells. It would allow players to get spells without having to gather up all at the exact same time, could do so quietly (similar with MANA SPELLUP), and would allow players more time to roleplay at events and only have to leave for a few seconds to get spells, then can return to participate.

    GameMaster Estild

  10. #180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    LMAO THEY'RE TRYING TO REPLACE DREAVENINGS!
    It's especially funny because the two main arguments from Dreavening detractors were:

    1) It makes the game too easy.
    2) It discourages people from talking and roleplaying because they don't have to ask other players for spells.

    And the GMs are talking about automating the process even more which will do exactly these two things. I can't wait to see the detractors come out and say "ZOMG! This is the best idea the GMs have ever had!!!"

    It's doubly especially funny because it's been a semi-joke for a while now that the GMs were looking at ways to replace Dreavenings, and now it looks like those are no longer semi-jokes but reality. I'm sure the GMs won't act like drug dealers either; offer their shit for free to drive out all other competition then start charging people once they have a monopoly.

    Tin foil hat conspiracy there? Perhaps. But then again a few months ago people would have accused me of being a conspiracy theorist for suggesting GMs were looking at ways of replacing Dreavenings with NPCs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •