Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Reim Lag

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Maybe it's DR. But we can't blame it on the cash cow of course.

"Pretty constantly." I have done a whole ONE Dreavening so far tonight. Also I only spell 70 people up at a time, I don't do 150 at a time.
    Only time I ever feel lag is when everyone is getting that "Sorry, system is slow blah blah blah" message, which literally never happens to me when Dreavenings are happening, but happens a lot when HoA is doing shit, but I also don't use StormFront because it's a laggy piece of shit and Wizard FE still blows it out of the water.

I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Didn't really think about it until this popped up on LNet:

[help]-GSIV:Alwina: "It stands to reason that if Dreavenings, or large gatherings of people in one place "doing things" if you prefer, was the cause of lag... that those locations would be laggy. I've never, ever had lag at a Dreavening, ever, at all, that I can recall."
    [help]-GSIV:Alwina: "So I'm gonna go ahead and call a goblin in the woodpile."
    [help]-GSIV:Arianiss: "Are you on SF or Wizard FE?"
    [help]-GSIV:Alwina: "Wizard."
    [help]-GSIV:Arianiss: "That's why. I'm the same."
    Last edited by Methais; 02-16-2021 at 04:26 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I would never convert my gear to attuned for a paltry 25% discount. That should be like a 75% discount. I hope it's a short list of people who've been buying the attuned certs. On the other hand, in a couple of years there will be an unattune cert at HESS. You can undo that giant mistake you made 2 tears ago, but it'll cost ya!
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CAELRIC
    I find it humorous that TG01 found the original post by Wyrom saying he could go back to 60 at a table, from the lower limit of 25, and yet, no one has gone on here (GM or otherwise) and apologized to him for falsely accusing him.
    Posted on the officials. A minute later:

Quote Originally Posted by GS4-AULIS
    Due to this thread having devolved way more than it should have, the thread has now been closed. Any further replies will be pulled.

Thank you for understanding.

~Aulis
    Platinum Co-Guru
    Forums Manager
    QC'er
    Kind of a sad direction to have taken.

Yeah, that's pretty pitiful. Got the notifications for the 3 posts I put in there being pulled because the thread was being closed. Looks like they're just going to sweep it under the rug.

TG01, please let us know what bullshit excuses you get from the GMs.

Posted by Wyrom, which I thought was a pretty fair post, and almost an apology;

Catching up on the other thread, then personal attacks happened and Aulis shut it down. We'll just start up a new thread.

No more personal attacks, there is no need for it.

No one was given a pass on POLICY. We have talked with Dreaven, and he's been there. He has always been within the rules of the game with responding. Everyone receives a fair test.

Someone sent me a screenshot of a post I made in 2019 about 60 people stating I gave the all clear. That's true, and that's why I posted about it. I said things would be fine until there is an announcement. This is that announcement. I'm not sure why anyone would think that post would be deleted or that we weren't allowing that. No need to imply anything or turn this into something it isn't.

With all that said, we are doing our due diligence and working on the issues as much as we can on the backend. We have onsite working on the issue, pulling a lot of data to measure the exact issues. But this isn't an issue of the in-game population or the spellups directly. It's about the gathered people in a single room. The spellups do cause the game to work harder, which is compounded if there are large groups. But that's not the issue, and that's why we haven't dug into announcing this any bit sooner. Yes, Duskruin is running which shines a big old spotlight on lag, but to say lag wasn't going on outside of Duskruin isn't true. Duskruin is very efficient, and because we funnel people into their own arenas, heist rooms, and the sewers being spread out, it actually performs better due to the lack of groups. The entry rooms might be an issue at times, but I'm not seeing it.

The choking points are the large rooms. The game can't handle 125+ people in a room without silencing. Tables are exempt right now because the silence effect can't attach itself to a scripted room (which are every single table in game). That's the area we need to fix. That's the issue. The table can't grow in size. The chatter, RP, ambient messages, spell messages, etc are the problem. It doesn't matter if you're only spelling 70 of that 168 people up, it's messaging the 168 people. That's the problem. That's what we're trying to communicate, and that's why we're talking about limiting how many people can go to a single table. It's not shutting spellups down. There is no reason to twist anything being said by me right now. I am being very transparent and making sure the issue is known so when fixes come, it's not out of no where.

As for the lags SINCE this post, we've been running tests. Some of them I was not aware of. But I took this all the way up the chain so we could make sure we do what we can to make the game better. If there is some engine work that can help, we're going to do that. Dev has been working on it the last 2 days as well. The lag isn't any one specific issue, but a number of smaller issues that compound. It's many contributing factors. We're working on those choking points so there isn't a spike.

Blog Entries

Catching up on the other thread, then personal attacks happened and Aulis shut it down. We'll just start up a new thread.

No more personal attacks, there is no need for it.

No one was given a pass on POLICY. We have talked with Dreaven, and he's been there. He has always been within the rules of the game with responding. Everyone receives a fair test.

Someone sent me a screenshot of a post I made in 2019 about 60 people stating I gave the all clear. That's true, and that's why I posted about it. I said things would be fine until there is an announcement. This is that announcement. I'm not sure why anyone would think that post would be deleted or that we weren't allowing that. No need to imply anything or turn this into something it isn't.

With all that said, we are doing our due diligence and working on the issues as much as we can on the backend. We have onsite working on the issue, pulling a lot of data to measure the exact issues. But this isn't an issue of the in-game population or the spellups directly. It's about the gathered people in a single room. The spellups do cause the game to work harder, which is compounded if there are large groups. But that's not the issue, and that's why we haven't dug into announcing this any bit sooner. Yes, Duskruin is running which shines a big old spotlight on lag, but to say lag wasn't going on outside of Duskruin isn't true. Duskruin is very efficient, and because we funnel people into their own arenas, heist rooms, and the sewers being spread out, it actually performs better due to the lack of groups. The entry rooms might be an issue at times, but I'm not seeing it.

The choking points are the large rooms. The game can't handle 125+ people in a room without silencing. Tables are exempt right now because the silence effect can't attach itself to a scripted room (which are every single table in game). That's the area we need to fix. That's the issue. The table can't grow in size. The chatter, RP, ambient messages, spell messages, etc are the problem. It doesn't matter if you're only spelling 70 of that 168 people up, it's messaging the 168 people. That's the problem. That's what we're trying to communicate, and that's why we're talking about limiting how many people can go to a single table. It's not shutting spellups down. There is no reason to twist anything being said by me right now. I am being very transparent and making sure the issue is known so when fixes come, it's not out of no where.

As for the lags SINCE this post, we've been running tests. Some of them I was not aware of. But I took this all the way up the chain so we could make sure we do what we can to make the game better. If there is some engine work that can help, we're going to do that. Dev has been working on it the last 2 days as well. The lag isn't any one specific issue, but a number of smaller issues that compound. It's many contributing factors. We're working on those choking points so there isn't a spike.
    Bolded is the Bill Lumbergh shit I hate. "I never accused him of anything! Except for the parts where I did, but that doesn't count. Anyway here's the announcement."
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    Posted by Wyrom, which I thought was a pretty fair post, and almost an apology;
    Probably as much as a conciliation as Dreaven is going to get.

I'm happy they're doing their best on the lag issue, and can understand if they ultimately put in limitations to tables or whatever that impact Dreavenings. What I take issue with, though, are the following comments:

Quote Originally Posted by GS4-ESTILD
    ...we had asked the responsible party to limit groups to 30 characters at at time and they had agreed to that number then, but continue to disregard it now
    And

Quote Originally Posted by SIMU-WYROM
    ...I know Estild and you talked and came up with a number of 30, but you've been doing 70 because no news was good news.
    Giving everyone involved benefit of doubt, I can see maybe the two above statements stemmed from honest mistakes/miscommunications between Estild & Wyrom and plain old forgetfulness. I wouldn't see them as intentional or malicious. Nonetheless, these statements publicly accused Dreaven of failing to cooperate and/or purposefully neglecting the GM's requests, which turned out to be false given the post Wyrom made back in 2019. For nothing more to be said nor no specific apology to be made, and for the thread to be just locked and now with a lot of posts pruned from it, is just a shitty way to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Bolded is the Bill Lumbergh shit I hate. "I never accused him of anything! Except for the parts where I did, but that doesn't count. Anyway here's the announcement."
    He also specifically blamed Dreavenings for the lag then later said something like "No one said Dreavenings were the ONLY cause of the lag." Except....uhhh yeah you did. You specifically said the lag was because I was "constantly" spelling up 160 people.

Speaking of which, this WHOLE TIME, EVEN BACK IN 2019, they said the problem was with me spelling so many people up at once. The 30 person limit? That was the number of people they wanted me to spell up at once.

Now suddenly, 6 years of me doing this, 2 years of me doing this since their last request, nothing at all has changed, now it's "Oh yeah, the problem is 100+ people standing at your table, spells have nothing to do with it.

And let's not forget this all just so happened to have started the day after DR opened. Oh but DR is so efficient it actually makes people lag less!

Come on already!

I just noticed my post was pulled which linked to Wyrom's old post. How was that a "personal attack"?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 02-16-2021 at 06:50 PM.

I also love this shit.

Dreaven: Hey so I've only been doing Dreavenings between 1-9AM since Saturday since that is supposedly the cause of the lag.
    EACH AND EVERY SINGLE DAY SINCE THEN PEOPLE HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT LAG
    Wyrom: Oh yeah, that's our bad! We're running tests and that's causing the lag.

How convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Speaking of which, this WHOLE TIME, EVEN BACK IN 2019, they said the problem was with me spelling so many people up at once. The 30 person limit? That was the number of people they wanted me to spell up at once.
    Oh yeah! I almost forgot the best part! A few days ago Wyrom blames the lag on me spelling up so many people at once, then he posts the supposed results of these tests which supposedly show where the lag is coming from, he posts this:

There are 115 players in room [Bleeding Heart Table].
    There are 127 players in room [Bleeding Heart Table].
    There are 143 players in room [Bleeding Heart Table].
    There are 133 players in room [Knotted Kerria Table].
    There are 145 players in room [Knotted Kerria Table].
    There are 152 players in room [Knotted Kerria Table].
    There are 168 players in room [Knotted Kerria Table].

And I say there is no way I am spelling people up during those times because I don't spell 168 people up at once, those are people just sitting and chatting waiting for the spells. Then a few hours later the problem is suddenly not the spells at all. Nope! The problem is with 125+ people in a room. Just being there, spells aren't the problem.

It's almost like they want to make some changes anyways and are making this shit up as they go along to justify these changes.