Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 354

Thread: Official: Reim Lag

  1. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Way more accessible.

    People say they can't hunt without their dreavening. Even though they could just ask those same professions for the spells.
    Those people are probably the people who take 22 years to reach level 37 and they should feel bad.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Their ultimate goal is to completely destroy the secondary market, and make all professions equally mediocre. Because they think that will make them more money. Except it won't, more people will quit, and Stillfront will hopefully be like "wtf are you idiots doing?"
    ^This.

    And that's what all these CMAN changes are about. After phase III, AS/DS even CS will become meaningless abstractions compared to what will be killing us 99.9999999999999999% of the time, which are CMANs.

    This is what Devs do when you link X sales of your DR items = Y dollars on next month's paycheck.

  3. Default

    Looking at the thread on the official forums, I think it's pretty unfortunate that there aren't any responses from the GMs after Dreaven posted the link to the official forum post where Wyrom ok'd the 60 character group sizes and his pre-dreavening services.

    A simple "our mistake, sorry about that, we'll keep working on the lag issues so please continue to cooperate with us" would have been perfectly fine and professional. Now after accusing Dreaven publicly of something he did not do & threatening punishment which subsequently incited a mob of the native specimens of the official forums to dog pile on him, both the GMs and the happy pitchfork crowd suddenly goes silent after that link got posted.

    Mistakes happen with all individuals and businesses, but how you respond and recover from them is where your true worth lie.
    Last edited by bunnymustdie; 02-16-2021 at 12:16 PM.

  4. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    ^This.

    And that's what all these CMAN changes are about. After phase III, AS/DS even CS will become meaningless abstractions compared to what will be killing us 99.9999999999999999% of the time, which are CMANs.

    This is what Devs do when you link X sales of your DR items = Y dollars on next month's paycheck.
    Yep. Then they'll try to sell you back some of the "power" that they took away when they nerfed your profession for cash.

    I don't know if Naijin is just coding stuff or if all this shit has been his idea from the start, but GS has gotten nerfed harder just this year than it has in the 20 years before it.

    The locksmith pool was one of the best additions ever. Since the loot cap though, the pool seems to run out of boxes at least somewhat frequently now. Because Simu logic.

    That loot cap is going to be catastrophic in the long run, imo. The underlying motivator for MMOs is loot, whether it's gear, gems, or whatever. It's not going to "fix" the economy, and the negative effects are going to far outweigh any potential positive effects, of which I can't think of any.

    Even taking farmers out of the equation, that's a disastrous nerf and one day Wyrom is going to wish he put his foot down with these dev retards instead of just letting them run wild with no accountability all the time. I'm pretty sure even he realizes there's some shadiness going on.

    I'm starting to think Coase may have been the gatekeeper of sanity with this game, because shit has been fucking nuts ever since Wyrom fired him.

    Some random dumb shit from Discord:

    Naijin Yesterday at 5:33 AM
    On the flip side of that: players sometimes have difficulty thinking outside the box and are very tunnel visioned on what they currently have and what they want.


    Estild12/11/2020
    There's no reason we can't aim for similar TTK metrics and maintain profession diversity and uniqueness. No one profession is unique because of their TTK, and if they are, that's the issue.


    ^ Translation, probably: Instead of raising the floor, we're going to make everyone equally slow as fuck killing things, and ignore the glass cannon concept so things can be equally tedious for everyone.

    Naijin Yesterday at 5:36 AM
    Paying for items in games is like spending money on a car: the second you pay for it the value drops. Banking on making money in a game is like throwing money into $GME and hoping for that sweet squeeze.

    Naijin Yesterday at 5:38 AM
    Okay, fine, bad analogy. Don't spend money in games that you aren't willing to lose. Games are a hobby, not an investment.


    Apparently they also implemented 1205 as Glamour (trading boost) only to sell it as SK 1205 at the Aug DR (I think) and then turn around and put a loot cap so it's worthless and useless now anyway. According to Naijin logic, players should be ok with things like this happening.

    Good job Simu.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-16-2021 at 12:23 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    In your valley, beneath your sky
    Posts
    13,155
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Their ultimate goal is to completely destroy the secondary market
    They don't want to destroy the secondary market, they just want a cut. That's why there's alt currency and items that can only be bought/earned through paid events but can still be transferred between accounts. Every BS, seashell, whatever originated from Simu. If they wanted to kill the secondary market overnight all they have to do is make stuff character/account attuned.
    Last edited by Taernath; 02-16-2021 at 12:24 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  6. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    incited a mob of the native specimens of the official forums to dog pile on him, both the GMs and the happy pitchfork crowd suddenly goes silent after that link got posted.
    As bad as the PC gets, there are some seriously toxic fucktards on the officials.

  7. Default

    I think Discord in general have a bigger negative impact on game dev than people give it credit for. The pace of conversation there is fast, so instead of forum posts with well thought out logic behind them, arguments gets made & won based on which side has more people screaming for it or who can type out an insubstantial witty one liner retort quickest. There are also times when the discord mechanic channel seem like a mini echo-chamber where the dev GMs end up being surrounded by large numbers of yes-man for long periods of time, which probably is not good for proper game balance.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    As bad as the PC gets, there are some seriously toxic fucktards on the officials.
    I saw the response you got when you mentioned you'd like pures to get some access for the new stuff in the PSM3 doc. You seemed to have treated the words feats, abilities & specializations as all interchangeable phrases for the same thing and mentioned something like wanting partial access to feats, and someone else went nerd rage on you for that. In fact, the whole "war pures don't count and don't get to speak" attitude in that thread was weird as hell.

  9. #109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    I saw the response you got when you mentioned you'd like pures to get some access for the new stuff in the PSM3 doc. You seemed to have treated the words feats, abilities & specializations as all interchangeable phrases for the same thing and mentioned something like wanting partial access to feats, and someone else went nerd rage on you for that. In fact, the whole "war pures don't count and don't get to speak" attitude in that thread was weird as hell.
    Like I said, there are some seriously toxic fucktards on the officials.

  10. #110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    They don't want to destroy the secondary market, they just want a cut. That's why there's alt currency and items that can only be bought/earned through paid events but can still be transferred between accounts. Every BS, seashell, whatever originated from Simu. If they wanted to kill the secondary market overnight all they have to do is make stuff character/account attuned.
    They're already testing the waters with that for this run of DR. You can get a 25% discount on certain items, but they become account attuned. I expect to see a lot more of that going forward. This applies to flare stuff too...buy a cert at a discount and use it on your item...that item is now attuned to your account.

    Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    As bad as the PC gets, there are some seriously toxic fucktards on the officials.
    This x9487324032742. And they get to hide behind the retarded forum rules over there, so properly calling them out on their stupidity usually isn't even worth the bother.

    Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    I think Discord in general have a bigger negative impact on game dev than people give it credit for. The pace of conversation there is fast, so instead of forum posts with well thought out logic behind them, arguments gets made & won based on which side has more people screaming for it or who can type out an insubstantial witty one liner retort quickest. There are also times when the discord mechanic channel seem like a mini echo-chamber where the dev GMs end up being surrounded by large numbers of yes-man for long periods of time, which probably is not good for proper game balance.
    Discord is basically the officials in real time, but with H2U and FFNG telling you why you're wrong about everything instead of Doug and Krakii. For all I know, they might be Doug and Krakii.

    Simu also seems to think Discord is the place to make announcements about in game changes. You weren't on Discord on Thursday at 3:38am? Good luck knowing about what changed or got nerfed that day.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-16-2021 at 12:44 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •