Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On Israel and Vaccination

Default On Israel and Vaccination

Israel introduced national COVID lockdowns on December 27th in response to a surge in new cases. After another two weeks of increase in new cases, their curve leveled off and has begun decreasing.
    This is not news, as lockdowns have been just as effective everywhere else they've been implemented, and on the same timeline besides.
    What is important to note is that Israel introduced the COVID vaccine a week earlier, focused on the most vulnerable populations, and yet their new deaths on any given day are still extremely well correlated to their new cases from two weeks earlier:

And their earlier introduction of the vaccine is not an outlier, they are lapping the field in vaccine administered:

Per Axios, 70% of their highest-priority group is vaccinated, but new deaths continue to be locked to new cases. Even with mass vaccination, it is not possible to let most people go about their business while protecting the most vulnerable population.

And we are very, very far from mass vaccination.

The vaccine will be a crucial tool in ending this pandemic.
    In the four or five or six or seven or eight months until enough of it is administered in the US of A, the rules will not change:
    Masks work.
    Lockdowns work.
    Distancing works.
    Not doing them doesn't.

We've got this.

If we want to.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Blog Entries

Don't worry, Biden is President. Lockdowns and COVID are all ending soon.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Biden is going to cure COVID because he's tired of Latrin's dumbass threads.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-27-2021 at 04:38 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Biden is going to cure COVID because he's tired of Latrin's dumbass threads.
    senator mcconnell isn't the only one who can play the long game
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    senator mcconnell isn't the only one who can play the long game
    Lemme tell you something about the Long game...

Last edited by Methais; 01-28-2021 at 08:48 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Lockdowns clearly work. I mean, just look at California, who is doing very well with no COVID surges, or anything like that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    Lockdowns clearly work. I mean, just look at California, who is doing very well with no COVID surges, or anything like that.
    Lockdowns would work if they were actual enforced lockdowns. I don't think that sort of thing would slide here in the US.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Just wear 3 masks. 2 on your face and one over your butthole.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Just wear 3 masks. 2 on your face and one over your butthole.
    You joke, but China is actually moving to anal swabs for COVID testing. Yes, you read that right, anal swabs.

Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    You joke, but China is actually moving to anal swabs for COVID testing. Yes, you read that right, anal swabs.
    No jokes here only lulz