Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Naijin Fd up CMANs - Share & Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Make the exact same post but leave out the WTF. Yeah the vulgarity thing is stupid but they're never going to drop it, so don't give them that "in" to pull your post.
    I see posts left up with that all the time. But if Aulis doesn't like you, he'll look for any reason to pull a post.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    I saw that post and thought it was reasonable. Like audioserf said, just post it there again without the WTF at the end. It had good points that people should see.

I actually find the overall way Naijin is responding disheartening. At first he tries to flat out dismiss people's concern with a canned response stating things should be better for all pures on all maneuvers, which sure as hell ain't true. When people, even some semis, disagreed he goes on to focus on and try to dismiss technical details from people's complaints & feedback. He just seemed weirdly defensive.

Generally, if you release a big new update to your game, and multiple customers are giving feedback that something feels off/buggy, or flat out tells you that the game is now less enjoyable, you just make tweaks to resolve the issue, that's all. Bugs can pop up, and sometimes a mechanic may be balanced, but still not fun to play. You just tweak things again, is all. No one's perfect and big updates & releases of this nature always require some fine tuning afterwards anyway. The way he buckled down and flat out ignored the overall message of these feedback is disappointing.
    That's pretty Simu behavior though. Look at August 2020 Duskruin and the bug with group leaders not receiving any tokens/orbs for team runs. People kept posting in discord that they noticed over thousands of runs their group leader getting NO drops and the GMs kept insisting 'working as intended'. Then they looked into it some more and oh, shit, it's fucking broken, and Wyrom gave people orb reparations. Then look at the loot cap. People noticed that if they hit loot cap and grouped with someone else, that other person got their loot cap fucked up ('Loot Gehrig's Disease'), and then we hear 'working as intended' again for weeks before PC user fortybox posted sweet graphs and charts showing his loot intake over time and they looked into it and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, there was a bug!

3. Default

That's pretty Simu behavior though. Look at August 2020 Duskruin and the bug with group leaders not receiving any tokens/orbs for team runs. People kept posting in discord that they noticed over thousands of runs their group leader getting NO drops and the GMs kept insisting 'working as intended'. Then they looked into it some more and oh, shit, it's fucking broken, and Wyrom gave people orb reparations. Then look at the loot cap. People noticed that if they hit loot cap and grouped with someone else, that other person got their loot cap fucked up ('Loot Gehrig's Disease'), and then we hear 'working as intended' again for weeks before PC user fortybox posted sweet graphs and charts showing his loot intake over time and they looked into it and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, there was a bug!
    I guess you're right. Can't argue with all of those examples. It's sad that they depended on fortybox to help find the bug when that kind of stuff is something their paid dev should be doing on their own. I kinda did a "haaah?" irl when I saw Naijin asking players for data on the open roll issue this morning. It's like, you're a paid dev, shouldn't you have gone and tested it out yourself or something? Took someone bringing it up for him to go do his own tests.

When Auchand released a big update for spirit beasts, a lot of people were initially unhappy with how things worked. He actually listened to feedback, and made tweaks in the game to address most of the people's concerns. No weird defensive attitude either. Too bad spirit beast is just a niche side game. I guess Auchand just raised my expectations to unrealistically high levels.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    I saw that post and thought it was reasonable. Like audioserf said, just post it there again without the WTF at the end. It had good points that people should see.

I actually find the overall way Naijin is responding disheartening. At first he tries to flat out dismiss people's concern with a canned response stating things should be better for all pures on all maneuvers, which sure as hell ain't true. When people, even some semis, disagreed he goes on to focus on and try to dismiss technical details from people's complaints & feedback. He just seemed weirdly defensive.

Generally, if you release a big new update to your game, and multiple customers are giving feedback that something feels off/buggy, or flat out tells you that the game is now less enjoyable, you just make tweaks to resolve the issue, that's all. Bugs can pop up, and sometimes a mechanic may be balanced, but still not fun to play. You just tweak things again, is all. No one's perfect and big updates & releases of this nature always require some fine tuning afterwards anyway. The way he buckled down and flat out ignored the overall message of these feedback is disappointing.
    I shouldn't have to repost it because Aulis decided my comment was worth pulling even when it's not as bad as other posts I've seen left up on the boards. I didn't flame anyone, I didn't call anyone a name. I simply posted my disgust about the situation.

Aulis needs to stop feeling like he is the policy for the forums and picking and choosing what posts stay and go. He should actually moderate correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I see posts left up with that all the time. But if Aulis doesn't like you, he'll look for any reason to pull a post.
    I think I average at least 1 pulled post about every 8 weeks from Aulis. I tend to call out stupid shit on the officials and he does like to nitpick on some of the posts of mine that he pulls.

I won't say that all my pulled posts aren't warranted, but this most recent one was just a blatant use of his moderation powers. Like you said, I've seen other folks post WTF and cuss words and those posts don't get pulled.

I posted about a week back on a topic and used the word "shitty". In fact, I think the sentence was something like "it's a pretty shitty game design" and that post is still up.

One day when I'm really bored I might just go through official boards and mark a bunch of posts with vulgarity in them and blast aulis to feedback about how he picks and chooses what posts to pull. I'm not that spiteful....not yet.

There have been enough cases over the years of players finding bugs that DEV didn't realize were there that you would think players would get the benefit of the doubt, but no.
    Last edited by Avaia; 03-24-2021 at 02:13 PM.

Is there a link to this somewhere? I thought everything was still people speculating and Simu insisting that everything was fine. I didn't realize they found it, acknowledged it, and fixed it.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

I read it at the time but since it's discord I'm 100% never going to be able to link to it. Essentially they found there were issues in the code that were affecting grouping mechanics and they fixed it. They were never specific about what was wrong or what was fixed or how it was fixed, but I don't think anyone has reported 'infecting' another character with loot cap since.

I read it at the time but since it's discord I'm 100% never going to be able to link to it. Essentially they found there were issues in the code that were affecting grouping mechanics and they fixed it. They were never specific about what was wrong or what was fixed or how it was fixed, but I don't think anyone has reported 'infecting' another character with loot cap since.
    Everything is such shit with how Simu refuses to properly document any bug fixes or general changes to anything, and instead expect people to literally live on Discord 24/7 in order to know what's happening in game. Which I'm sure is by design, since Simu loves acting shady.

"Hey Estild why is X different? Did something change?"

"Yes. We announced that 3 weeks ago...in Discord...at 2:37am."

but I don't think anyone has reported 'infecting' another character with loot cap since.
    So...the pandemic is over?

Decided to play around with finding some SMRv2 defense info since the shitty defense reduction from PSM2. Most of my pures, even my warmage, has lost upwards of 30 points of SMRv2 defense since this change and they all just seem to get blasted. Once PSM3 goes live, my understanding is that the extra cost for CM skills is removed for Semis and Pures, so at 20 ranks a Pure should be able to train in 5 ranks of Cunning Defense.

On the test server I used my capped mage with 101 wizard spell ranks and I cast 917 at my warmage that I brought to cap level using "levelup".

Warmage stats that impact SMRv2:
    AGI = 100/20 (Stat/Bonus)
    DEX = 100/25
    INT = 98/24

Base SMRv2 defense (base means no spells active, zero ranks in PF/Dodge/Perception/CM, full health, no wounds, full spirit, wearing no armor, not encumbered) = 58.

The lower his SMRv2 defense is, the harder it is for him to be hit. Think of it as % chance for him to be hit. A base SMRv2 defense of 58 means he has a 58% chance to be hit on a d100 roll (not including open rolls).

Now, to represent the idea of a newly capped pure I put his perception ranks and PF ranks up to 101 each. Most folks will 1x perception and FP to cap. Remember that Perception/Dodge/CM/PF are all weighted the same for SMRv2 defense.

101 perception (1x is about the norm at freshly capped for a pure)
    101 Physical Fitness (1x is about the norm at freshly capped for a pure)
    Total of 202 ranks

Here are the initial rolls for casts of 917 vs 202 ranks:
    [SMR result: 43 (Open d100: 11)] Defense = 32
    [SMR result: 116 (Open d100: 83)] Defense = 33
    [SMR result: 64 (Open d100: 32)] Defense = 32
    [SMR result: 49 (Open d100: 17)] Defense = 32
    (roughly 33% chance to be hit)

Here are the initial rolls for casts of 917 after adding 20 ranks of CM
    101 perception
    101 Physical Fitness
    20 CM
    Total of 222 ranks

Here are the initial rolls for casts of 917 vs 222 ranks:
    [SMR result: 109 (Open d100: 79)] Defense = 30
    [SMR result: 72 (Open d100: 42)] Defense = 30
    [SMR result: 84 (Open d100: 54)] Defense = 30
    [SMR result: 106 (Open d100: 76)] Defense = 30
    (roughly a 30% chance to be hit)

Here are the initial rolls for casts of 917 after adding 20 ranks of CM and 5 ranks of Cunning Defense (this will be represented by 30 ranks of added dodge ranks since 5 ranks of CD = 30 dodge ranks):
    101 perception
    101 Physical Fitness
    20 CM
    30 Dodge
    Total of 252 ranks

Here are the initial rolls for casts of 917 vs 252 ranks:
    [SMR result: 136 (Open d100: 109)] Defense = 27
    [SMR result: 87 (Open d100: 60)] Defense = 27
    [SMR result: 102 (Open d100: 75)] Defense = 27
    [SMR result: 77 (Open d100: 49)] Defense = 28
    [SMR result: 73 (Open d100: 45)] Defense = 28
    (roughly a 28% chance to be hit)

After adding 50 ranks (20 from CM and then 30 phantom dodge ranks from 5 ranks of Cunning Defense) a pure (wizard in this case) will gain maybe 4-5 points of SMRv2 Defense. That's a long way from the upwards of 30 points that some have lost with the PSM2 calculation adjustment for SMRv2 defense.

Take from it what you will, but my warmage going from about a 15% chance for boar charges and viper spit to hit him to around 30-35% with this change over sucks. Only getting maybe 2-3 points of SMRv2 defense from 5 ranks of Cunning Defense isn't going to change anything for him....he already has 2 rank in CD right now in game and 2 ranks doesn't add much (8 ranks of Dodge, which in return gives 1 SMRv2 defense).

I probably wouldn't think the change sucked, but as I'm walking around hunting and I enter a room, every single fucking time a viper spits it always has a high enough roll to guarantee it hits my warmage. Worse was when three vipers were in a room and they all fucking hit me with a spit as I walked into the room. I had 70+ poison damage per pulse and only dissipating at 6 per.

Or the fact that out of 12 manuevers/skills used against my capped mage in Nelemar all had rolls high enough to hit him.
    He got swept 3 different times walking through rooms.
    How he took 2 shoulder charges (one was a high open roll).
    How he took 3 different spear charges (one was a high open roll).
    How he took 3 different disarms (even after 540 triggered for one of the disarms, I'm supposed to be able to defend better against it, but the second roll came back at almost a 300 endroll that still disarmed him).
    How he took 2 different times getting dunked under the water.

That all happened within the first 5 minutes of starting his hunt. I was fucking irritated after that I haven't been back in to play and this happened last Friday.
    Last edited by drumpel; 04-27-2021 at 02:47 PM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Decided to play around with finding some SMRv2 defense info since the shitty defense reduction from PSM2. Most of my pures, even my warmage, has lost upwards of 30 points of SMRv2 defense since this change and they all just seem to get blasted. Once PSM3 goes live, my understanding is that the extra cost for CM skills is removed for Semis and Pures, so at 20 ranks a Pure should be able to train in 5 ranks of Cunning Defense.

On the test server I used my capped mage with 101 wizard spell ranks and I cast 917 at my warmage that I brought to cap level using "levelup".

Warmage stats that impact SMRv2:
    AGI = 100/20 (Stat/Bonus)
    DEX = 100/25
    INT = 98/24

Base SMRv2 defense (base means no spells active, zero ranks in PF/Dodge/Perception/CM, full health, no wounds, full spirit, wearing no armor, not encumbered) = 58.

The lower his SMRv2 defense is, the harder it is for him to be hit. Think of it as % chance for him to be hit. A base SMRv2 defense of 58 means he has a 58% chance to be hit on a d100 roll (not including open rolls).

Now, to represent the idea of a newly capped pure I put his perception ranks and PF ranks up to 101 each. Most folks will 1x perception and FP to cap. Remember that Perception/Dodge/CM/PF are all weighted the same for SMRv2 defense.

101 perception (1x is about the norm at freshly capped for a pure)
    101 Physical Fitness (1x is about the norm at freshly capped for a pure)
    Total of 202 ranks

Here are the initial rolls for casts of 917 vs 202 ranks:
    [SMR result: 43 (Open d100: 11)] Defense = 32
    [SMR result: 116 (Open d100: 83)] Defense = 33
    [SMR result: 64 (Open d100: 32)] Defense = 32
    [SMR result: 49 (Open d100: 17)] Defense = 32
    (roughly 33% chance to be hit)

Here are the initial rolls for casts of 917 after adding 20 ranks of CM
    101 perception
    101 Physical Fitness
    20 CM
    Total of 222 ranks

Here are the initial rolls for casts of 917 vs 222 ranks:
    [SMR result: 109 (Open d100: 79)] Defense = 30
    [SMR result: 72 (Open d100: 42)] Defense = 30
    [SMR result: 84 (Open d100: 54)] Defense = 30
    [SMR result: 106 (Open d100: 76)] Defense = 30
    (roughly a 30% chance to be hit)

Here are the initial rolls for casts of 917 after adding 20 ranks of CM and 5 ranks of Cunning Defense (this will be represented by 30 ranks of added dodge ranks since 5 ranks of CD = 30 dodge ranks):
    101 perception
    101 Physical Fitness
    20 CM
    30 Dodge
    Total of 252 ranks

Here are the initial rolls for casts of 917 vs 252 ranks:
    [SMR result: 136 (Open d100: 109)] Defense = 27
    [SMR result: 87 (Open d100: 60)] Defense = 27
    [SMR result: 102 (Open d100: 75)] Defense = 27
    [SMR result: 77 (Open d100: 49)] Defense = 28
    [SMR result: 73 (Open d100: 45)] Defense = 28
    (roughly a 28% chance to be hit)

After adding 50 ranks (20 from CM and then 30 phantom dodge ranks from 5 ranks of Cunning Defense) a pure (wizard in this case) will gain maybe 4-5 points of SMRv2 Defense. That's a long way from the upwards of 30 points that some have lost with the PSM2 calculation adjustment for SMRv2 defense.

Take from it what you will, but my warmage going from about a 15% chance for boar charges and viper spit to hit him to around 30-35% with this change over sucks. Only getting maybe 2-3 points of SMRv2 defense from 5 ranks of Cunning Defense isn't going to change anything for him....he already has 2 rank in CD right now in game and 2 ranks doesn't add much (8 ranks of Dodge, which in return gives 1 SMRv2 defense).

I probably wouldn't think the change sucked, but as I'm walking around hunting and I enter a room, every single fucking time a viper spits it always has a high enough roll to guarantee it hits my warmage. Worse was when three vipers were in a room and they all fucking hit me with a spit as I walked into the room. I had 70+ poison damage per pulse and only dissipating at 6 per.

Or the fact that out of 12 manuevers/skills used against my capped mage in Nelemar all had rolls high enough to hit him.
    He got swept 3 different times walking through rooms.
    How he took 2 shoulder charges (one was a high open roll).
    How he took 3 different spear charges (one was a high open roll).
    How he took 3 different disarms (even after 540 triggered for one of the disarms, I'm supposed to be able to defend better against it, but the second roll came back at almost a 300 endroll that still disarmed him).
    How he took 2 different times getting dunked under the water.

That all happened within the first 5 minutes of starting his hunt. I was fucking irritated after that I haven't been back in to play and this happened last Friday.
    Dude, cut and paste this and post this on the officials under the PSM3 thread so Naijin that "I don't know? whatever do you mean? Everything is just fine!" asshat can see this shit.