Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Naijin Fd up CMANs - Share & Discuss

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I liked Aion when it came out - I enjoyed the game play and the work needed to obtain good equipment. I played for a year or more.

I eventually came back to the game to see what it was like after I found it moved to F2P. I found out that they implemented boosts to experience and you could mow through the first 30 levels within a few days. It was a huge change over it taking 2-3 weeks to power through level 30 when I first played the game.

At level 30 they had a special armor set that required you to play through on multiple characters because every character you can get 1 piece of this armor set. After 5 or 6 toons to level 30 you'd have a full set that you could put on one character and it boosted your power significantly....but after the game changed to F2P, the quality level 30 armor set was basically worthless compared to how fast you can obtain other items and how fast you out level the set.

Then they tacked on other things to help boost item power and every time you boosted an item a level, the next boost required more resources or more scarce resources and if you failed on a random roll to apply a boost to an item you could actually lose out on previously applied boosts....all in all, the game became a convoluted cluster fuck. You could progress through the game without spending a dime, mostly like you could when it was subscription based, but if you wanted to succeed and be a part of the top of the endgame you needed to spend money to get the best of the best.

This is how I feel GSIV is going. It's going to turn into a convoluted cluster fuck and be a huge pain in the ass to relearn how to play or things will be so out of whack that it'll take forever for them to try and "balance" things out....
    That is the thing though, GS is a XP and gear grind. Most modern MMOs are a gear grind, and the leveling up process is basically just teaching you to play the game. If their idea is to slow down combat, that'll effect levelling pretty heavily, since you won't really be blowing through mobs as quick. I totally applaud making every fight harder or requiring more skills. Hell, that sounds great to me, but if makes it take an average of 2 minutes to kill a mob and I only get 100 XP for it, that needs to be addressed.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    That is the thing though, GS is a XP and gear grind. Most modern MMOs are a gear grind, and the leveling up process is basically just teaching you to play the game. If their idea is to slow down combat, that'll effect levelling pretty heavily, since you won't really be blowing through mobs as quick. I totally applaud making every fight harder or requiring more skills. Hell, that sounds great to me, but if makes it take an average of 2 minutes to kill a mob and I only get 100 XP for it, that needs to be addressed.
    If they extend fight times, which I'm fine with because I think it opens up the changes they're implementing... I think they should change XP absorption.

I get the longevity of the game - but let's be honest - there are less than 1000 people in the world that play this game regularly. Alts and alt development should be a priority avenue for the company at this stage in my opinion.

Many people have max cap characters, some multiple million XP over cap characters, etc.

Moving forward if they increase fight times - XP revamp should also follow IMO. Field XP should be the current on-node XP per pulse. On-node XP baseline should be moved to as if you have a 2x RP modifier, etc. Some fudging of numbers to scale it etc., but essentially elevate the baseline XP absorb rates.

Reasoning this isn't broken (IMO):
    -They charge a monthly fee, not a per minute fee.
    -By upping the baseline XP - that would afford people that play fewer hours, to feel like they're making actual progress, which would extend the number of months they actually play (though perhaps not the amount of hours per month they do).
    -Those at high end caps already are earning absurd amounts of XP as is, this doesn't really affect their hunting capabilities, just affords them to flush out Ascension or Secondary skills as they desire more readily.
    -Affords those already at absurd caps the capability to make an alt they've always wanted to and actually PLAY the character, as opposed to just bigshot bot them. They already bigshot bot toons as is, the natural increased baseline XP gain means they might actually PLAY the character instead.

-Real life money production should not hinder a change like this, though of course it will. Just the shitty situation it is.

-A change to XP gain overall would increase the majority of non-hardcore players, because those that play for an hour or two per night (as opposed to 12+ hours a day) - would see a tangible progression for their efforts as opposed to gaining a level every 2 months.

Lot wrong with this, I know... I know... because it would get abused by about 50 players to absurd levels. But again that goes back to the MA'er/RL money exchangers - and those people are doing it anyways. No real idea how to fix the baseline system currently established by SIMU to address that as is.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    If they extend fight times, which I'm fine with because I think it opens up the changes they're implementing... I think they should change XP absorption.

I get the longevity of the game - but let's be honest - there are less than 1000 people in the world that play this game regularly. Alts and alt development should be a priority avenue for the company at this stage in my opinion.

Many people have max cap characters, some multiple million XP over cap characters, etc.

Moving forward if they increase fight times - XP revamp should also follow IMO. Field XP should be the current on-node XP per pulse. On-node XP baseline should be moved to as if you have a 2x RP modifier, etc. Some fudging of numbers to scale it etc., but essentially elevate the baseline XP absorb rates.

-By upping the baseline XP - that would afford people that play fewer hours, to feel like they're making actual progress, which would extend the number of months they actually play (though perhaps not the amount of hours per month they do).
    -Those at high end caps already are earning absurd amounts of XP as is, this doesn't really affect their hunting capabilities, just affords them to flush out Ascension or Secondary skills as they desire more readily.
    -Affords those already at absurd caps the capability to make an alt they've always wanted to and actually PLAY the character, as opposed to just bigshot bot them. They already bigshot bot toons as is, the natural increased baseline XP gain means they might actually PLAY the character instead.

-Real life money production should not hinder a change like this, though of course it will. Just the shitty situation it is.

-A change to XP gain overall would increase the majority of non-hardcore players, because those that play for an hour or two per night (as opposed to 12+ hours a day) - would see a tangible progression for their efforts as opposed to gaining a level every 2 months.

Lot wrong with this, I know... I know... because it would get abused by about 50 players to absurd levels. But again that goes back to the MA'er/RL money exchangers - and those people are doing it anyways. No real idea how to fix the baseline system currently established by SIMU to address that as is.
    Shaps if you got access to the officials post this. It's a solid idea, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    Shaps if you got access to the officials post this. It's a solid idea, I like it.
    I never post on the officials - just like I didn't sign up for the Discord thing. I'm weird like that.

I also know there are much smarter people with regards to systems impact such a change would affect, and hopefully their input - or our exchange of ideas on here - help refine such an idea before presentation.

The odd part is - I want the ones that kept this game going all those years, the multi-million XP types to be represented because they did allow the rest of us to continue playing.

At the same time, critical game design modifications - with only those in mind make it extremely difficult for the future of the game.

I have no idea how to resolve that issue, but this is just an idea I had - because the extreme players are still going to be extreme - my focus is how do you build the base of average players potentially. Is it even possible? Not sure.

Thanks for the feedback. Is appreciated.

Edit: In conjunction with the idea though - with a focus on alts and the more casual player base - account bound items should have at a minimum 50% cost reduction. 25% is just not enough. 50-75% reduced cost (I think 60% is about the perfect %) would really amp up participation in events because casuals could actually buy and develop an item over a 1-2 year period, without having to go batshit nuts "zoom-zoom-zoom 5000 runs at DR". It would create an actual market for casuals to feel empowered to work on an item, when they can't afford 500m+ on the resell market.
    Last edited by Shaps; 04-29-2021 at 01:56 PM.

Dang it Shaps, I'm going to have to unblock you if you keep talking sense about GS instead of spewing shit in politics. Nice ideas.
    "Wait...you complain how your life sucks to your masseuse?"

One time I farted on the set of Blue Lagoon...<slap>

"Tootski?"

www.bellaslament.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    but they're really running the risk of turning a game which already has a steep learning curve into an unplayable text Rubix cube.
    Holy shit! 32 pages of changes in the PSM3.

Are they at least doing these changes in phases? Or are we all going to wake up one morning with 32 pages of changes to the game?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 04-29-2021 at 03:07 PM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Holy shit! 32 pages of changes in the PSM3.

Are they at least doing these changes in phases? Or are we all going to wake up one morning with 32 pages of changes to the game?
    Plat will wake up with it. And then get to see what's broken on their scale of population. Then we get to break it. I assume.

I like it.

Simu will hate it.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

9. Default

Solid ideas here. I agree with Skeletor, post 'em up.
    You remove a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses from in your ebon linen vest.

You unfold the earpieces of your spectacles.

You put on a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses.

You think to yourself, "Deal with it."

Quote Originally Posted by Berost View Post
    Plat will wake up with it. And then get to see what's broken on their scale of population. Then we get to break it. I assume.
    They have stated it will go to test and then plat for an extended period of time before prime.
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519