Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 86

Thread: Selling everything

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veggies View Post
    Listen to what you’re saying though.

    You’re quitting because they are capping loot for sale for RL cash. This isn’t because your loot will be devalued in a in-game sense (in fact you’ll get a return after these changes) but because you can no longer sell in-game loot for cash.

    Again, you are quitting because you can no longer make money off the game.

    ...

    No no, again, you are quitting because you can no longer make money off the game.

    ...

    Yes, yes you are.
    That's not what I'm saying at all, reading comprehension is important. I haven't profited one dime off of GS. I have, however, played for free because I sell enough to break even, and sell event books to play the events for free and build up my character's gear. And the issue I really see with this is that this isn't going to fix the problem. The people who have been capped for 20 years still have billions of silvers. Item prices aren't going down any time soon. Whales will still buy stuff at whatever price. So all it does is handicap those of us who recently capped and optimized our game income because we don't want to spend thousands on gear, but we are willing to spend the time to farm it. Personally, I couldn't give a shit less about raffles because I never win them, to the point where I don't enter anymore. I've never been one to trust luck, but would rather rely on my skills and work ethic to accomplish things. This simply removes a large element of that for me, and thus part of what I have always enjoyed about GS.

    Again, I don't care what anyone else does. I'll wait and see if they make any changes in the next month or two, and will make the best decision for me. I'm sure I can find plenty of things to do with the time I spend in GS.

  2. #52

    Default

    Why is this Veggies fag acting like he won some kind of moral victory, not everyone has to "farm" silvers like a retard. I just play the game normally and am better than you, deal with it loser
    [LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

    [Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"

    [Private]-GSIV:Warclaidh: "what is booty percs"


  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luntz View Post
    Why is this Veggies fag acting like he won some kind of moral victory, not everyone has to "farm" silvers like a retard. I just play the game normally and am better than you, deal with it loser
    zooboomafoo is actually correct.

    Most "farmers" branded by telus are NOT farmers. They're just people that are playing more and only hunt. They tend to do their 1m - 1,5m daily. BUT Simu is saying: if you play more than average (6 or 15 hours weekly, they're not clear) AND you're optimized, you ARE farmers, regardless if you just hunt or farm silvers.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    zooboomafoo is actually correct.

    Most "farmers" branded by telus are NOT farmers. They're just people that are playing more and only hunt. They tend to do their 1m - 1,5m daily. BUT Simu is saying: if you play more than average (6 or 15 hours weekly, they're not clear) AND you're optimized, you ARE farmers, regardless if you just hunt or farm silvers.
    I get about 200k an hour, and I play roughly 1~1.5 hours a day. I basically play until Lumnis is over. I think I bank after herbs, tips, and ancillary costs about 4~5 mil a month and 6 mil in total. Well well below the supposed 10 mil softcap.

    This is normal. Not, I fuck around at work and have GS running in the background.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PWC, VA
    Posts
    8,558
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    No, I am not Drauz in game.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    With your mom
    Posts
    5,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by POWPOW View Post
    I don't think it's even related to grouping. I believe they have linked multi-accounters' accounts and have set a cap applied to all of them. I have two basic accounts/characters, both capped, and one hunts for loot and the other hunts for exp. They both seem to hit some sort of soft cap after about a week or so. My estimate is that I get about a quarter of the loot from both of them as normal. I'm even getting about a quarter of the silvers for skins. I've never considered myself a silver farmer or even sold silvers before, so I'm not concerned from that aspect. However, the game just feels less rewarding now.
    That's why I am not happy with what they did. They were disingenuous as more than 5% are being affected by this.

    I'm all for caps - extreme farming, skinning, shouldn't have a place here. I feel they swung the pendulum too far and is not in sync what was said.

  7. #57

    Default

    Most of the people who think they've hit the cap actually have not hit any cap. You're all a lot more sensitive to this change because it's fresh, but that sensitivity will waiver as you continue to play and realize that you didn't actually cap anything. Do some science. Make a script to track your income, and prove you're getting capped. Proving it with "feelings" isn't helping anyone.

    The primary players that this is targeting were raking in 500+ million per month. Last night's conversation on Discord demonstrated that specific players are able to make around 1 million silvers every 15 minutes by knowing how the treasure / loot system works - gaming that system - and making "bank". That's $20.00 an hour people. Not career level income, but definitely a level of income no game should be generating with the ease it was being scripted.

    Has the cap impacted the other 90% of the population? Likely not nearly as much as people "feel" they're being affected. I went on a major cold streak for a couple days where 9/10 critters I hunted (in SoS at cap) dropped nothing consistently. Thought I had hit some kind of soft cap because it didn't "feel" normal. The next day nearly every critter was dropping gems, crap clothing, and boxes again. No cap. Was just a string of bad luck with a tiny sample size.

    Estild01/10/2021
    In all honestly, I wish we could have somehow implemented it without everyone knowing at first. Not that we don't want players to know, but because it's just being incorrectly attributed to unrelated things. There seems to be a significant number of players who think they're being affected, but aren't. There's a lot of factors that coming into play right now with hunting pressure in general, just due to a lot more people hunting due to the bonus experience, legendary feeder, wanting to get metrics on the treasure cap, and even just bad luck.
    Estild01/06/2021
    96% of treasure generating characters didn't hit the soft cap last month. It's not something you need to worry about.
    Support your claims that the cap is "bad" with facts, not feelings. Do some actual investigation.

    Actual investigation - I've made more than 10 millions silvers (at least on a single account) hunting SoS on 4 different characters (solo) over the past 2 weeks without any slow down in finding loot on creatures. After reviewing my logs and searching for the common phrasing seen when you search a creature that has no loot (had nothing of interest) - you can identify how many times this shows up in your logs.

    For example:
    1/2 - 350 with no loot out of 1145 searches over 7 files - 30%
    1/3 - 366 with no loot out of 1146 searches over 9 files - 32%
    1/4 - 369 with no loot out of 1245 searches over 11 files - 30%
    1/5 - 247 with no loot out of 907 searches over 7 files - 27%
    1/7 - 307 with no loot out of 1073 searches over 8 files - 28%
    1/8 - 444 with no loot out of 1453 searches over 10 files - 30%
    1/9 - 227 with no loot out of 812 searches over 7 files - 28%
    1/10 - 323 with no loot out of 1038 searches over 7 files - 31%
    1/11 - 158 with no loot out of 460 searches over 4 files - 34%
    1/12 - 368 with no loot out of 1022 searches over 8 files - 36%

    So if you look at the average per log file I had 50 creatures with no loot per log file on Day 1 and 46 creatures with no loot per log file on Day 12.

    The variance isn't so dramatic and my 4 characters have generated between 12-15 million silvers at least.

    It's also been confirmed that you aren't getting lower values for sales any longer - you just stop seeing loot on creatures. The only probable caveat to this is skins. Critter skins can't be outright blocked, so the value for selling skins is probably diminishing over time (along with the system that lowers skin value the more people sell them). Silver amounts in boxes - not being diminished. Silver value for gem sales, or purified gem sales - not being diminished. What should be happening is you get fewer and fewer of these drops until you hit the hard cap (really hard to hit) where you get none.

    With my experiment so far, I show no slow down in getting treasure after generating over 10 millions silvers on my main account (at least) and probably between 5-8 million on my second account (because it has a low level monk that I've been leveling).
    Last edited by Maerit; 01-14-2021 at 02:47 PM.

  8. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Nobody is going to miss you though. In fact, you leaving over the caps is going to make them wildly popular.
    I wish you were leaving.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veggies View Post
    apparently it’s not based on toons. MAer’s are hitting the cap regardless of which toon they use to search. It could be based on grouping mechanics. Aka if you’re grouped you ALL share the cap. Anyhow sisilvers going to be rare as fuck now.
    This seems to be how it works, at least if group member are contributing to the kill.

    What I'm not sure of is if that makes group hunting super inefficient now as far as loot goes, or if the "loot pressure" is split evenly between group members or rotates or how that part works. I'm sure Simu went with whatever will fuck the group over the most, since that's how they typically roll.

    If so then gg Simu for disincentivizing group hunting across the board.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    This is definitely my experience as well. I didn't loot hardly anything on my bard/wiz, and everything on my rogue, and none of them are getting shit now. Seems like I topped out around 40m or so across 3 characters. Some of that is actually from a fourth account with sub 50 characters not making a ton of money so I'd say it's negligible.
    I usually run 3 characters and it seems to be around 25m for me, and it feels like I'm pretty close to the hard cap now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    So simu lied again when they said it was account based. They penalize ma groups too now. LOL
    I think they set it so the entire group gets fucked, so soloing 3 characters until loot cap > group hunting 3 characters until cap regardless of who's looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggies View Post
    I’m honestly kinda glad they are “kicking out” the silver farmers. I think Wyrom sees something happening, especially in the past year of COVID, with the population.

    Possibly a renaissance of sorts for GS and he wants to steer the game (and product) into a more sustainable place, rather than constantly being dependent on a handful of whales and people trying to profit in RL off the game.

    Maybe... not sure how smart he is in RL.
    I don't see how this would add up, since Simu makes most of their money from DR, where whales and farming will remain business as usual.

    DR will also be the new big source of silvers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    Yeah I mean I maintain a premium account and 3 standard. That's $80/month or just over $1,000 per year and way more than I pay for any other game. Hard to imagine they're willing to walk away from that multiplied by however many people are not happy with this cap.

    I'm not going to do a knee jerk reaction and quit, as they've said they are still tweaking, but if this continues I'll likely end up packing it in. I capped my characters, which was my goal coming back last March after playing off and on since 95 and dozens of characters to middling levels, so perhaps it's time to call it a good run and to put my nostalgia away. I don't play to make a profit, but I'm also not going to throw thousands of dollars into DR books to get the gear I want. I have always sold just enough for cash to break even on my expenses, the rest I build up in gear.

    While Astrenoir may not be missed, I do believe others will be. But that is always the case in anything, especially a 30+ year old game. But maybe not, and perhaps this will be great for GS. Time will tell.
    The problem here is even for people who don't sell silvers, now there's really nothing left to do at cap. Loot at least made things interesting, and Ascension is bland as fuck and I don't expect it to get anymore creative than just more +1 to stuff.

    I'm probably downgrading my Premium account after DR, and will probably consolidate my other 2 accounts until the following DR in August or whenever.

    You can't take away the one thing that's left to do at "end game" and expect the long time players you just took a shit on to keep throwing money at the game.



    Quote Originally Posted by Veggies View Post
    Listen to what you’re saying though.

    You’re quitting because they are capping loot for sale for RL cash. This isn’t because your loot will be devalued in a in-game sense (in fact you’ll get a return after these changes) but because you can no longer sell in-game loot for cash.

    Again, you are quitting because you can no longer make money off the game.

    ...

    No no, again, you are quitting because you can no longer make money off the game.

    ...

    Yes, yes you are.
    Even without cash sales involved, loot is still capped, so your argument falls apart instantly.

    Some people farm silvers so they can run DR without throwing cash directly at Simu. Simu still makes their money, but I'll be surprised if books for silvers doesn't go away entirely at some point due to this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Veggies View Post
    Listen to the new Town square podcast, Wyrom was doing an interview. Basically, he said there hasn’t been these player population numbers since the GSIII/GS4 conversion.


    Listen guys...

    I’m sorry you lost part of your annual income with these new changes. But some of us are playing to actually play the game, not finance their ebay’d PS5.

    Seriously, this is good for the 96% of us.
    There also hasn't been a global pandemic that kept most of the world at home for the entire year since the GS3/4 conversion either. Take that away and then let's see how that podcast would have gone.


    Quote Originally Posted by POWPOW View Post
    I don't think it's even related to grouping. I believe they have linked multi-accounters' accounts and have set a cap applied to all of them. I have two basic accounts/characters, both capped, and one hunts for loot and the other hunts for exp. They both seem to hit some sort of soft cap after about a week or so. My estimate is that I get about a quarter of the loot from both of them as normal. I'm even getting about a quarter of the silvers for skins. I've never considered myself a silver farmer or even sold silvers before, so I'm not concerned from that aspect. However, the game just feels less rewarding now.
    I don't think this is the case. Earlier this month I'd run around solo after loot was down for Methais, then once I had my alts join the groupo and start contributing to kills, loot picked back up noticeably. If they weren't contributing to kills, loot seemed to go back down.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luntz View Post
    Why is this Veggies fag acting like he won some kind of moral victory, not everyone has to "farm" silvers like a retard. I just play the game normally and am better than you, deal with it loser
    It's because Veggie = macgyver.

    Quote Originally Posted by Veggies View Post
    This is normal. Not, I fuck around at work and have GS running in the background.
    Someone's jelly that they can't play GS while at their gay porn fluffer job. Sorry macgyver.



    Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    That's why I am not happy with what they did. They were disingenuous as more than 5% are being affected by this.

    I'm all for caps - extreme farming, skinning, shouldn't have a place here. I feel they swung the pendulum too far and is not in sync what was said.
    This. I can understand the need for some sort of loot cap with Jah going ape shit with his MA army, but yeah they swung it way too far in the opposite direction.

    This is standard practice for Simu though. Swing the pendulum too far, make things even worse, downplay it, then leave it like that forever and tell the players they should be grateful.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Most of the people who think they've hit the cap actually have not hit any cap. You're all a lot more sensitive to this change because it's fresh, but that sensitivity will waiver as you continue to play and realize that you didn't actually cap anything. Do some science. Make a script to track your income, and prove you're getting capped. Proving it with "feelings" isn't helping anyone.

    The primary players that this is targeting were raking in 500+ million per month. Last night's conversation on Discord demonstrated that specific players are able to make around 1 million silvers every 15 minutes by knowing how the treasure / loot system works - gaming that system - and making "bank". That's $20.00 an hour people. Not career level income, but definitely a level of income no game should be generating with the ease it was being scripted.

    Has the cap impacted the other 90% of the population? Likely not nearly as much as people "feel" they're being affected. I went on a major cold streak for a couple days where 9/10 critters I hunted (in SoS at cap) dropped nothing consistently. Thought I had hit some kind of soft cap because it didn't "feel" normal. The next day nearly every critter was dropping gems, crap clothing, and boxes again. No cap. Was just a string of bad luck with a tiny sample size.





    Support your claims that the cap is "bad" with facts, not feelings. Do some actual investigation.

    Actual investigation - I've made more than 10 millions silvers (at least on a single account) hunting SoS on 4 different characters (solo) over the past 2 weeks without any slow down in finding loot on creatures. After reviewing my logs and searching for the common phrasing seen when you search a creature that has no loot (had nothing of interest) - you can identify how many times this shows up in your logs.

    For example:
    1/2 - 350 hits over 7 files
    1/3 - 366 hits over 9 files
    1/4 - 369 hits over 11 files
    1/5 - 247 hits over 7 files
    1/7 - 307 hits over 8 files
    1/8 - 444 hits over 10 files
    1/9 - 227 hits over 7 files
    1/10 - 323 his over 7 files
    1/11 - 158 hits over 4 files
    1/12 - 368 hits over 8 files

    So if you look at the average per log file I had 50 creatures with no loot per log file on Day 1 and 46 creatures with no loot per log file on Day 12.

    The variance isn't so dramatic and my 4 characters have generated between 12-15 million silvers at least.

    It's also been confirmed that you aren't getting lower values for sales any longer - you just stop seeing loot on creatures. The only probable caveat to this is skins. Critter skins can't be outright blocked, so the value for selling skins is probably diminishing over time (along with the system that lowers skin value the more people sell them). Silver amounts in boxes - not being diminished. Silver value for gem sales, or purified gem sales - not being diminished. What should be happening is you get fewer and fewer of these drops until you hit the hard cap (really hard to hit) where you get none.

    With my experiment so far, I show no slow down in getting treasure after generating over 10 millions silvers on my main account (at least) and probably between 5-8 million on my second account (because it has a low level monk that I've been leveling).
    I don't need a spreadsheet or to parse through my logs to realize that I went from making a few million a day for years, to pulling in almost nothing now, and other things like how magnificent quality skins are worth like 10 silvers for me right now instead of their normal rates, going from filling up on boxes in like 5-10 minutes, with almost all of said boxes having awesome loot in them, to finding hardly any boxes at all throughout the entire day now, etc.

    Numbers don't lie, and most people are reporting similar numbers with loot cap stuff. It's not just people "feeling" like they're pulling in less. People are literally pulling in way less.


    In other news, WTB Landing shop.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-14-2021 at 01:31 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •