Page 180 of 273 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2729

Thread: Election Watch 2020 - Trump/Pence vs Biden/Harris

  1. #1791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    That still sounds like fraud to me.
    Lying to get money is fraud. Many cases of this through gofundme, but he's too retarded to step back and think about his example. Lying about having cancer and then keeping the money would be fraud .

    In November 2014, a woman named Cynthia Smith of Burlington, Ontario faked a rare neurological disorder to raise more than $126,000 in a campaign.

    According to The Hamilton Spectator, Smith convinced her loved ones that she had overcome organ failure and a massive stroke, both part of a rapid onset of chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP). But soon doubts were raised about Smith's supposed illness and it was determined that she was not ill.

    In May 2015, Smith was charged with defrauding the public of more than $5,000.

    She would go on to plead guilty in October 2016, to a lesser charge of fraud under $5,000. Smith was allowed to go with two years of probation. Police were able to recover just $7,200 of the money Smith raised, according to the Burlington Post.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

  2. #1792
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PWC, VA
    Posts
    8,532
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Fraud is when you enchant coraesine when you’re not supposed to.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

  3. #1793

    Default

    Meanwhile, top cyber security officials are quitting because are Trump wants them to lie. Here’s their latest statement:

    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11...erican-history

    Cybersecurity officials say the election was ‘the most secure in American history.’

    Top government security and election officials released a joint statement on Thursday definitively declaring that the presidential election last week “was the most secure in American history” and making clear that “there is no evidence” that any voting system was compromised in any way.

    The statement, attributed to a high-ranking official at the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency — part of the Department of Homeland Security — along with several top elections officials, amounted to a strong rebuke of President Trump’s repeated baseless assertion that the election had been stolen from him through widespread voter fraud.

    In the statement, officials listed the many ways in which they said elections officials in states with close contests would recheck their counts and add “security and resilience” to their processes.

    “There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised,” the statement said.

    “While we know there are many unfounded claims and opportunities for misinformation about the process of our elections, we can assure you we have the utmost confidence in the security and integrity of our elections, and you should, too,” officials added in their statement. “When you have questions, turn to elections officials as trusted voices as they administer elections.”

    The joint statement comes after Bryan Ware, the assistant director for cybersecurity at the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, known as C.I.S.A., submitted his resignation on Thursday.

    Mr. Ware and other senior officials at C.I.S.A. had drawn the president’s ire because they did not echo his baseless claims that mail-in voting was rife with fraud. Other senior cybersecurity officials have told colleagues that they feared they had been put on lists of administration officials who would be fired after the election, according to two senior officials.

    They said the lists included senior officials such as Christopher Krebs, the C.I.S.A. director, and others who have refused to toe the president’s line on his false claims that Russian interference was a hoax and that mail voting was not secure and could lead to fraud.

    The president’s anger at cybersecurity officials has escalated since last week, when C.I.S.A. put up a “rumor control” website meant to combat misinformation and ensure voters understood that any delays in the reporting of results was normal and not a sign of impropriety.

    In the nine days since voters went to the polls, Mr. Trump has refused to concede, complicating President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s transition and hindering his ability to be informed on important matters of national intelligence
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.
    Contact: Nuadjha (Discord and LNet), Briarfox@play.net

  4. #1794
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    In your valley, beneath your sky
    Posts
    13,136
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Meanwhile, top cyber security officials are quitting because are Trump wants them to lie. Here’s their latest statement:

    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11...erican-history

    Cybersecurity officials say the election was ‘the most secure in American history.’
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  5. #1795

    Default

    This is of interest based on BriarFox's point. If Kreb goes, this likely will as well. - https://www.cisa.gov/rumorcontrol

  6. #1796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    Lying to get money is fraud.
    Not in the legal sense. It's only fraud if you lie about where the money is going to.

  7. #1797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    That still sounds like fraud to me.
    It's not fraud in the legal sense. There is no law for lying, and if you lie and someone wants to give you money because they feel sorry for you based on that lie then it's not fraud. It only becomes fraud if you say the money being donated to you is for X reason and you spend it on Y.

  8. #1798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Meanwhile, top cyber security officials are quitting because are Trump wants them to lie. Here’s their latest statement:

    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11...erican-history

    Cybersecurity officials say the election was ‘the most secure in American history.’
    That's just dumb. Each county uses their own system, not to mention the fraud being discussed is creating fake ballots and throwing away ballots and "glitches" changing votes from one candidate to the other, the latter of which has already been discovered and changed the results of 2 or 3 elections last I heard, "coincidentally" enough in each race the votes were "accidentally" changed from Republican to Democrat.

    It's not like we have one federal system for elections that we all use that the security experts could monitor themselves. This is just more sheep fodder for the sheep.

  9. #1799
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In amazement
    Posts
    5,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    Lying to get money is fraud. Many cases of this through gofundme, but he's too retarded to step back and think about his example. Lying about having cancer and then keeping the money would be fraud .

    In November 2014, a woman named Cynthia Smith of Burlington, Ontario faked a rare neurological disorder to raise more than $126,000 in a campaign.

    According to The Hamilton Spectator, Smith convinced her loved ones that she had overcome organ failure and a massive stroke, both part of a rapid onset of chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP). But soon doubts were raised about Smith's supposed illness and it was determined that she was not ill.

    In May 2015, Smith was charged with defrauding the public of more than $5,000.

    She would go on to plead guilty in October 2016, to a lesser charge of fraud under $5,000. Smith was allowed to go with two years of probation. Police were able to recover just $7,200 of the money Smith raised, according to the Burlington Post.
    The United States is not Canada but that is obvious to people without TDS.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3

  10. #1800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That's just dumb. Each county uses their own system, not to mention the fraud being discussed is creating fake ballots and throwing away ballots and "glitches" changing votes from one candidate to the other, the latter of which has already been discovered and changed the results of 2 or 3 elections last I heard, "coincidentally" enough in each race the votes were "accidentally" changed from Republican to Democrat.

    It's not like we have one federal system for elections that we all use that the security experts could monitor themselves. This is just more sheep fodder for the sheep.
    You have your head so far down the rabbit hole there isn't even the tip of a shoe visible from up above.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.
    Contact: Nuadjha (Discord and LNet), Briarfox@play.net

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •