Thread: Officials: Savants Released

Blog Entries

Default Officials: Savants Released

Quote Originally Posted by SIMU-Wyrom
    After must teasing, lying, and other such trickery, the time has come to finally release the long awaited Savant Class.

The Savant is a pure Mental casting class. The class will have access to the Savant Spell Circle, Minor, and Major Mental circles. The class is designed to be a more physical-based caster that manipulates physical objects for attacks.

We've designed the class to utilize both bolt-based spells like wizards as well as CS based spells like Empaths/Clerics/Sorcerers. However, unlike these classes, the spells revolve around the use of the physical critical tables and physical effects. So while clerics may be lighting creatures with holy plasma, and wizards hurling bolts of fire, you're more likely to see a piercing mind bullet or slashing wave of energy when playing a savant. We have also further tailored the Major Mental circle to further support these skills, and offer a variety of build opportunities across the mental Lores to enable Savants to supplement their powers in close melee combat.

Please refer to the new forums for more information about the individual Savant and Major Mental spell circles.

As a result of these changes, we feel that we are ready to remediate some additional stop-gap fixes implemented that were never meant to be permanent.
    • The Bard Spellcircle is now properly coded as a hybrid Mental/Elemental circle, and will only receive half the bonus of 425, putting the circle in line with Sorcerer Spell Circle.
    • Empaths will be losing access to Major Spiritual Spell circle at the end of the month. Any spell ranks in the major spiritual spell circle will be automatically placed in the Minor Mental Spell circle. The annual fixskills will be granted shortly thereafter for any adjustments required by the playerbase.
    • Access to the Meditate verb has been more closely aligned with spiritual attuned spell circles. As a result, we have removed SAVANTS and EMPATHS from use of MEDITATE, but have added PALADINS to use the MEDITATE verb.
    • Creatures now have had their mental TD adjusted to be more in line with Spiritual TD values.

Monks, Bards, and Empaths, with their native access to mental spell circles, will have the ability to CONVERT to Savants through the end of 2017. CONVERTING is permanent, and irreversible. Please check in at your local inn for the ability to convert.

A special thanks to Retser and Coase for finalizing the design, and Estild, Contemplar, Viduus, and Keios for their efforts on implementation spells.
    Also thanks to Elidi, Elysani, Konacon, Kenstrom, and Kynlee for their efforts in testing and bug resolution.

Wyrom, PM
    Full post here: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...uncements/view

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

I'd rather have your sorc guide.

This was one well-crafted April Fools post.

Blog Entries

Ones of these days I hope they do release a long-awaited system on April Fools.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

5. Default

I can't rep anyone!
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

Post actually pissed me off. So well thought out and tantalizing, all the while it's literally a joke. #SavantsNowForRealsies

Blog Entries

Ps: I'm available for class design consulting.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.