Page 944 of 1005 FirstFirst ... 444844894934942943944945946954994 ... LastLast
Results 9,431 to 9,440 of 10049

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

  1. #9431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    when you start requiring people pay a fee of one kind or another, a voter ID for example, .
    Hey, dipshit, a voter ID is not a fee. There is no reason not to make it free, but you would still object to it, because it would then cut down on the amount of illegal voters.

  2. #9432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    He was close to what I wrote.

    I used to think a single voter system might be a good idea instead of the electoral college. Then I realized that would be a horrible idea. I said the only discussion I would have that may sway me is the requirement that anyone voting be required to take a civics test (and a hard one) to display their understanding of how our government works and functions. If they pass they recieve a voter ID, and voting must be done in person and present their Voter ID. If you fail the test your are allowed to attempt it again in two years following a refresher course.

    I wouldn't like it, I wouldn't want it, but I would listen to and have a discussion regarding it. More safeguards would be required and we all know that safeguards to protect votes is somehow racist for some reason. What reason that is I have no idea, but I am pretty sure people of color are just as smart and capable as the crackers that vote. Extreme Liberal jackasses don't realize how racist they really are.
    A civics test, even an easy one in a country where a disproportionate amount of people can't read or have minimal educations? Laugh.

    Just how do you get around the Equal Protections clause of the constitution by limiting just whom can vote? Talking about creating an Aristocracy. Would you prefer it if only rich white landowners were allowed to vote again?

  3. #9433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Would you prefer it if only rich white landowners were allowed to vote again?
    That's exactly what these fools want. They all miss what they consider the good ole days when they could act with impunity and didn't have to worry about anyone else except people like them. Life was easier then.

  4. #9434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    That's exactly what these fools want. They all miss what they consider the good ole days when they could act with impunity and didn't have to worry about anyone else except people like them. Life was easier then.
    I know math and history are difficult, but there is literally no one still alive from when only white men could vote.

  5. #9435

    Default

    You all really don't get how racist you all are. Sad knowing have to share the same air with you all.

    Also to the "authoritarian" comment. It's a test, sort of like.. you know.. a driver's test? God forbid we expect people and educate them on how our system of government works. I mean that would actually empower people and possibly increase their participation in society with a good understanding of how it works and is supposed to.

    I mean why would we want to educate everyday citizens about how the land they live in works.

    You fascist jackasses on here really need to get some self awareness.
    Last edited by Shaps; 12-17-2020 at 03:48 PM.

  6. #9436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    A civics test, even an easy one in a country where a disproportionate amount of people can't read or have minimal educations? Laugh.

    Just how do you get around the Equal Protections clause of the constitution by limiting just whom can vote? Talking about creating an Aristocracy. Would you prefer it if only rich white landowners were allowed to vote again?
    So you're saying people of color can't read or write and have minimal education. Okay Racist. We see what you think of others.

  7. #9437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    That's exactly what these fools want. They all miss what they consider the good ole days when they could act with impunity and didn't have to worry about anyone else except people like them. Life was easier then.
    So you're saying people of color aren't capable, intelligent, or educated. Thanks for exposing yourself Racist.

  8. #9438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Honestly your plan sounds very authoritarian to me. Its basically saying, "if you want a say in how your government is run you must be approved by government standards to be able to have that say". Everyone who lives in America should have a say in how government is run regardless of financial status, race, religion, or politics, and should not be expected to pass some test to have that say.

    Outside of that, when you start requiring people pay a fee of one kind or another, a voter ID for example, it disproportionately affects people who live below the line of poverty no matter what race they are. In this country, minorities see higher rates of poverty than whites, with American Indians being the poorest.
    So you're saying that people of color are poor and uneducated. Thanks for showing your racism. And I never said there was a fee. Racist.

  9. #9439

    Default

    "Just how do you get around the Equal Protections clause of the constitution by limiting just whom can vote? Talking about creating an Aristocracy. Would you prefer it if only rich white landowners were allowed to vote again?"

    As for the equal protections clause.. well you seem to support doing away with the electoral college. That seems to go against the constitution.

    Jackasses like you use the constitution to protect yourselves when needed, and ignore it when it goes against your ideologies. Worst of the worst type of person.
    Last edited by Shaps; 12-17-2020 at 03:55 PM.

  10. #9440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    So you're saying that people of color are poor and uneducated. Thanks for showing your racism. And I never said there was a fee. Racist.
    No, I'm stating facts. Whatever the causes are for those facts are another conversation. But you're missing the point with this attempt at changing the subject.

    Your idea unfairly sets standards that are impossible to reach for some people, regardless of color, who already have the right to vote.

    We already require registration to vote. If you want to implement some sort of ID requirement it would have to be free to everyone and as easy as registering to vote before I would agree to it.

    I understand the goal you are attempting to reach with your idea. I think more people being educated is great. I'm all for that. Make it a free education, available to everyone, and I'm all for it. But I disagree with a government requiring a government provided test for that government's citizens to pass before they have a say in what that government does.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •