Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Settlement of Reim Release

Blog Entries

Default Settlement of Reim Release

September 19th

As a result of this release next week... Hand of the Arkati will be doing a capped Reim run on Thursday the 22nd in addition to our normally scheduled (likely warcamp) run on the 15th.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

2. Default

What is this?

More info please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    What is this?
    The quest itself is roughly 200 rooms split into four quadrants of dungeon crawling fun. You have two hours to complete the quest or hunt within the area. This is a scaling and instanced quest entirely made up of undead.

https://gswiki.play.net/Settlement_of_Reim

His MHO runs the instanced quest as a group of capped hunters. Looks to be a good time.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...ati&highlight=
    Last edited by Fallen; 09-14-2016 at 07:00 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

Ah, I see the confusion now. The announcement went out via e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Simutronics
    Unraveling a Curse of Time and Tragedy!

Gather your friends, might, and venture forth to the Settlement of Reim! Unlock the mystery of Reim as you quest your way through countless undead. What strange magic befell the denizens within?

Beware though...
    Rumor has it that strange traps and well trained creatures line the path to the castle. Will you make it to the Emperor and Empress? Earn reputation, ethereal scrip, and energy to unlock the power of Reim! A strange vortex was spotted beneath Icemule near the pier of Thurfel's Island. Brave adventurers should seek it out to begin their journey!

Coming September 19th!
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

The email doesn't mention if admission will cost silvers or simucoins for this run. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    The email doesn't mention if admission will cost silvers or simucoins for this run. Anyone know?
    I don't think it will be "runs" anymore, I think it will be a permanent fixture. No idea on admission.
    Last edited by Allereli; 09-16-2016 at 12:52 PM.
    PB: One day you'll need this number (800) 273-TALK.

What she said, and the emails didn't but the forums did.

Reim is designed as a pay quest, not a silver drain. Rather than using the box office it has been said it will be simucoins, not sure how many yet. The silvers was just a thing for the 1 week testing (same amount that Necropolis was once, behind the EG pay wall).

But as a perk to plat and prem subscriptions, there was an offer of a once per day free entry into the area. Basic subs argued they should have some freebies too and Wyrom was going to review once it launched but the whole promo probably won't last forever.
    Last edited by Roblar; 09-16-2016 at 01:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Gather your friends, might, and venture forth to the Settlement of Reim! Unlock the mystery of Reim as you quest your way through countless undead. What strange magic befell the denizens within? Beware though, rumor has it that strange traps and well trained creatures line the path to the castle. Will you make it to the Emperor and Empress? Earn reputation, currency, and energy to unlock the power of Reim! Rumor has it a strange vortex was spotted beneath Icemule near the pier of Thurfel's Island. Brave adventurers should seek it out to begin their journey.

Hello everyone, Reim will be officially opening today at about 12 noon Eastern. (Less than thirty minutes!)

The new "Reim Base Camp" will be closed until later in the week. (Deets below)

CHANGES

All Changes are subject to change while changing.

Ethereal Scrip
    - Creatures within Reim now drop ethereal scrip.
    - The treasure chests within Reim have had their rates adjusted and you can now find Ethereal Scrip in them!
    - The Treasure Vault at the end now has ethereal scrip instead of three random gems!
    - You can check your balance with Reim Info OR the TICKET verb.

Access
    Premium will still be able to access Reim for free 1x on a 22 hour cooldown.
    Players can purchase a Simucoin token and RAISE it or GIVE it to the old man outside the chains.
    You cannot use silver to enter Reim anymore.

Simucoin Items
    1 access token for entry 95 SC
    10 charge access token for entry 900 SC
    50 charge access token for entry 4250 SC
    Prismatic goggles 900 SC

Reim Base Camp (CURRENTLY CLOSED)
    The Reim Base Camp is positioned just below the chains that let you enter Reim. The camp contains a couple places including a way to spend your new ethereal scrip. You can also enter the base camp using REIM CAMP. This acts as a transport mechanism and costs quest energy.

Ethereal Scrip
    Players will be able to trade it in for quest energy which is used for transportation and boosts. (REIM CONVERT)
    Players will be able to hand over 1,000 scrip for 10,000 silver or 10,000 scrip for 100,000 silver. (1:10 ratio).
    Spend it in the Reim Shops. (CURRENTLY CLOSED)
    Buy Reim Chests. (CURRENTLY CLOSED)

Reim Chests (CURRENTLY CLOSED)
    Players will be able to trade in 1000 currency for a randomized Reim Chest.
    The Reim Chest’s can contain Silver Notes, Gems, randomly generated items, and a chance at something better from our prize bins.

Reim Base Camp Shops (CURRENTLY CLOSED)
    There will be an assortment of wares available to purchase in the shops for this new currency.

Reim Goggles
    Players will be able to purchase “some prismatic goggles” from the SimuCoin store. These goggles increase the earn rate of currency by 10% and will run out of prismatic energy after 30 days from first being worn.

Retser, ASGM

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."

Blog Entries

I'll be doing an unofficial Hand of the Arkati capped group run at 8:30 tonight...
    As well as a more official one on Thursday night at 8:00.
    All times EST

I'll be around Icemule!