PDA

View Full Version : Resist Nature, What am i doing wrong?

bravado07
08-29-2006, 01:10 AM
So i decided to cast 620 on my own leathers just for the hell of it, but the spell wont seem to work on it... the leathers arent/havent been 620'd before, so i'm not sure whats wrong:

>cast at my leathers
You gesture at some shadowy black stalking leathers with a wolf's head stitched on the chest.
The magic of your spell wavers and lashes back at you!
... 10 points of damage!
Jarring blow to your weapon arm.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>wear leathers
You work your way into some shadowy black stalking leathers with a wolf's head stitched on the chest.
Roundtime: 8 sec.
R>l

When i assess it?
>assess leather
You assess the leathers for structural weaknesses and strengths.

Careful examination indicates the black stalking leathers has a base strength of 35 and a base durability of 290. You also determine the current integrity of the black stalking leathers to be at 100.0%.

You heft the leathers a few times, but learn nothing more about it.

So i know it hasnt been cast previously, as some website said that Failure may happen if its been previously Nature Resisted. I doubt these leathers have crit/damage padding or anything...

Any ideas?

Silvanostar
08-29-2006, 02:18 AM
did you pour the potion on the armor?

bravado07
08-29-2006, 07:33 AM
its the prepour cast

Drew
08-29-2006, 11:04 AM
The spell failed, it's easy to do when you're young. Took me about 10 trys the first time I used the spell.

HarmNone
08-29-2006, 11:14 AM
I think your clue lies in this statement:

"The magic of your spell wavers and lashes back at you!"

Looks like a spell failure, and probably just due to age, as Drew says.

Gan
08-29-2006, 11:40 AM
As posted on the GS website:
http://www.play.net/gs4/info/spells/spelllist.asp?circle=9#620

I also posted about adding NR to padded armor because I initially thought that NR on padded armor was not possible.

Any ranger who obtains this spell may attempt to use it with no further training in any of the skills that affect it. A few of the ranger's stats play a part in this spell, but the skills mentioned here serve as bonuses to the final result of the spell. In addition to the listed stats/skills below, there may be other factors that influence the result as well.

Aura, Discipline, and Wisdom stat bonuses will play a part, though not equal ones, in this spell.

Armor infused by the spell will reduce the critical damage of the specified resistance type by a percentage based upon the caster's Spiritual Lore, Blessings training. This resistance strength is equal to 20% + (Spiritual Lore, Blessings ranks / 2).

The duration of the resistance, or resistance life, is influenced by Mana Control, Spiritual and Ranger Spell ranks.

Training in Mana Control, Spiritual will also allow the ranger to cast the spell on damage or crit padded armor. It is possible for the ranger to add resistance to "lightly" padded armor beginning at 1 rank of Mana Control, Spiritual. "Very heavily" padded cloth and leather armors can have added resistances at 91 ranks.

bravado07
08-29-2006, 12:29 PM
thanks, thought it was something else... guess the answer was simply: i'm just a retard lol

heres to hoping i dont blow up my arm.

-Rolagos's player

Stunseed
08-29-2006, 01:23 PM
< What am i doing wrong? >

Wearing pansy armor for a Ranger. Real men wear chain.
/endjoke

PS. I tried it once at like 64 trains and blew myself up, so don't feel bad.

bravado07
08-29-2006, 04:25 PM
but it matches my eyes!

Anebriated
08-29-2006, 04:29 PM
I think you smeared your lipstick.

Amaron
08-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Were you inside or outside? It makes a difference.

The NR guide web site is mine but the server blew up. Valicar is almost done rebuilding it and it should be up this week.

bravado07
08-29-2006, 05:14 PM
initially (the one thats posted here), that was inside...

i've since tried outside - it still wont work, but i'm not hurting myself as much