View Full Version : Me So Hordy & HoR conversation

crazymage
11-15-2005, 05:45 PM
i started a new guy on one of the new servers, it sucks being poor :(

Sean of the Thread
11-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by crazymage

Come play on dunemaul with us other noobs.

Nieninque
11-15-2005, 08:16 PM

You did that before when they made new servers.

Get back to dunemaul

crazymage
11-15-2005, 11:04 PM
i'm so annoyed with HOR i needed to step away before i started talking shit.

AnticorRifling
11-16-2005, 07:39 AM
1 word <Me So Hordy>

Wezas
11-16-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
1 word <Me So Hordy>

I agree. We tend to have a bit more fun in MSH. Last night there was 7 or 8 of us on, most in the 13-20 range. Plenty of people to quest and pvp with.

Nieninque
11-16-2005, 09:16 AM

Why break the habit of a lifetime?

Seriously though, what you annoyed about?

crazymage
11-16-2005, 05:04 PM
the whole seperate guild for members under lvl 50 REALLY pissed me off.

Some Rogue
11-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I wasn't very happy with that either when I thought it was gonna be a mandatory thing. I still don't see the need for it all that much really.

Nieninque
11-17-2005, 02:59 AM
It isnt madatory.
I still have a level 9 in the main guild that I will be keeping there if I ever decide to level her up.

Alfster
11-17-2005, 04:29 AM
I totally owned Naz in a duel tonight

Hah!

Wezas
11-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Nieninque
It isnt madatory.
I still have a level 9 in the main guild that I will be keeping there if I ever decide to level her up.

Basically HoR isn't allowing any *new* lowbies in.

I still dislike this idea, but looking at the guild situation on Argent Dawn, what the hell do I know.

Gotta say being in MSH is nice. We're all basically leveling up together and so far the guild members have been nothing but helpful.

From what I can tell (from the boards) we've got:

Me
Xyelin
Alfster
Anticor
Hadiar
Axhinde
(probably missing some)

Apotheosis
11-17-2005, 08:35 AM
yours truly

;)

[Edited on 11-17-0505 by Yswithe]

11-17-2005, 08:55 AM
There really is no "other guild" for sub level 50's or whatever the premise is. HoR has no "sister guilds" or "little league". Anticor started his guild to play with his friends that he works with until they level up (as far as I know they will enter the guild at level 40). Other than Anticor's 1 or 2 friends, no one in "Me So Hordy" should expect an automatic invite from HoR when they get their mount. Our recruiting is closed.

I'd guess Wezas would have a good chance of getting in since he was TECHNICALLY in TBF.

I'm still not sure what Crazymage is talking about.

AnticorRifling
11-17-2005, 08:59 AM
I did discuss the idea of Me So Hordy being a lower lvl guild in conjunction with HoR with Alorg when I first started it. While we both agreed it sounded like a solid idea nothing was ever set in stone. I don't know if anyone from Me So Hordy would automatically assume that being in MSH grants a free pass to HoR. I don't think it's needed, MSH is shaping up to be a very fun group of people. It looks like our focus is going to be more pvp-centric, especially pvp outside of BGs. We've already been laying out plans for taking the battle to the allys ala what they do in TM. We just need to get a few more lvls under our collective belts.

Some Rogue
11-17-2005, 09:12 AM
I know the other guild (not MSH) isn't mandatory now, but when it was first presented it was made to sound like it would be.

P.S. I'm talking about the guild Uthden formed for everyone's alts.

AnticorRifling
11-17-2005, 09:14 AM
It's name can't be near as cool as MSH.

Skeeter
11-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets
There really is no "other guild" for sub level 50's or whatever the premise is. HoR has no "sister guilds" or "little league". Anticor started his guild to play with his friends that he works with until they level up (as far as I know they will enter the guild at level 40). Other than Anticor's 1 or 2 friends, no one in "Me So Hordy" should expect an automatic invite from HoR when they get their mount. Our recruiting is closed.

I'd guess Wezas would have a good chance of getting in since he was TECHNICALLY in TBF.

I'm still not sure what Crazymage is talking about.

Wow, that's some elitist shit right there. Is there any truth to the rumor that you're planning on changing the name of the guild, from HoR to The Aryan Brotherhood?

[Edited on 11-17-2005 by Skeeter]

11-17-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Skeeter
Wow, that's some elitist shit right there. Is there any truth to the rumor that you're planning on changing the name of the guild, from HoR to The Aryan Brotherhood?

[Edited on 11-17-2005 by Skeeter]

Could you point out what is elitist so that I can explain the situation in simpler terms? :D

The Aryan Brotherhood line was HILARIOUS.

Skeeter
11-17-2005, 10:03 AM
mostly I'm joking, but the quote marks come off really condescending.
But really, what difference does it make if they all join the guild or not?

SnatchWrangler
11-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Xyelin

Come play on dunemaul with us other noobs.

He's got like 6 characters all level 42-54 on Dunemaul.

GOD FORBID HE LEVELS ONE TO 60! OH NOEZ!! END GAME CONTENT IS SCAREEEE!!!

SnatchWrangler
11-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Some Rogue
I know the other guild (not MSH) isn't mandatory now, but when it was first presented it was made to sound like it would be.

P.S. I'm talking about the guild Uthden formed for everyone's alts.

Meh...ignore Uthden. I'm not sure where he got the notion he could run with his idea and do as he pleases (People agred it was a good idea, but no guidelines were discussed). I wish I'd seen him post that it was mandatory before he editted...I would have laid into him. NO ONE gave him any authority to make claims like that.

Basically, it's so people level 40ish-55ish (ZF to ST/BRD level range) can find group without feeling like a 'burden' as he put it.

SnatchWrangler
11-17-2005, 10:22 AM

I know it sounds stupid, because it's just a video game but...

It's a hell of alot easier running a guild with 120 active members than it is with 200+ (And we're closer to 200). We've gone through alot of growing pains and had alot of successes lately. We've got a ton of people applying just because we're all of a sudden successful.

Basically, recruiting is closed because it's alot less stressful for the Council people. Someone may seem like a great person when they join, but then two weeks later they're demanding raid spots over other players, and making complaints on matters they have no say in. We've only got 15 level 60 mages, and 12 of them sign up for MC every single week.

Like I said...it's a stupid reason, but it's the truth.

11-17-2005, 10:32 AM
mostly I'm joking, but the quote marks come off really condescending.

I wasn't trying to be condescending, I just didn't want people to have the impression that it was an auto-invite. As a guild, we've had to close recruiting simply because we have so many people already. There are people of every class that don't get to go to MC/Onyxia simply because there is no room in the Raid.

The "no recruitment" or "extremely limited recruitment" phase we are in now is only necessary to keep existing members happy.

Well, to me it makes no difference. I'd actually prefer it that way, especially for PC/Gemstone folks, but it's counterproductive for us to have guidelines that the Officers can feel free to break when it's convenient. You have to keep in mind that at this point, PC/Gemstone members only make up about 1/3 of our guild.

So it's not as easy as just saying "Hey, these five level 20's are our friends, we are adding them to the guild and ignoring our level 40/mount rule for new members, and we'll also ignore that some of them are from classes that we are not recruiting." All of the restrictions were put in after our merger, when we had enough people, and wanted to avoid becoming one of the huge mega guilds on our server.

I don't doubt that you can all get into HoR, I was just trying to clarify the situation. The rules were setup long before you guys decided to start playing on Dunemaul (I didn't think you guys ever planned to spend your game time here rather than AD). They were meant to exclude other people (because we don't want to turn into a mega-guild), not our PC friends. :D

AnticorRifling
11-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Just note I totally snuck into HoR under the radar because my lion form stealth skills are 1337.

That being said Me So Hordy only has a few rules for admission:

1) Know what kind of minivan Parkbandit drives (that's the super secret entrance password)

2) Don't be retarded

3) Don't be a ninja We've got a sweet name let's not tarnish

4) That's about it

5) Numbers are fun

6) Math is hard

Skeeter
11-17-2005, 11:59 AM
Maybe I'll switch over from HoR to MSH

Alfster
11-17-2005, 03:05 PM
To be honest, I don't think most of us that joined MSH really have any plans of wanting into HOR

Wezas
11-17-2005, 03:28 PM
I was in HoR and switched to MSH. Partially because it was me (21) and 30 60's on - and partially because of the restrictions, though now I can kind of see where you're coming from.

Axhinde
11-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Being in HOR would be nice and beneficial to my priestling, but MSH kicks ass. Although as a founding member of The Barren Fury I should be an honorary member of HOR. :P By the time I even hit 60 though they'll probably have stopped doing instance raids for gear and be busy with BG missions and PVP raids.

11-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Well I'd like to play with all of you guys (in a heterosexual playing a video game way), and just wanted to explain the situation the guild is in.

I had assumed (when Anticor formed it) that MSH was a temp guild that would be abandoned after his 2 work friends reached 40.

Skeeter
11-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Well I'd like to play with all of you guys (in a heterosexual playing a video game way), and just wanted to explain the situation the guild is in.

I had assumed (when Anticor formed it) that MSH was a temp guild that would be abandoned after his 2 work friends reached 40.

Fuck you guild nazi. go play with yourself

Hips
11-17-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Axhinde
Being in HOR would be nice and beneficial to my priestling, but MSH kicks ass. Although as a founding member of The Barren Fury I should be an honorary member of HOR. :P By the time I even hit 60 though they'll probably have stopped doing instance raids for gear and be busy with BG missions and PVP raids.

I thought you quit??

Alfster
11-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Newsflash ----> I talked him into it!

Parkbandit
11-18-2005, 07:51 AM

What a drama queen. You were annoyed with TBF... you were annoyed with HoR... I think you are most happy when you are annoyed and unhappy.

BFD.

Parkbandit
11-18-2005, 07:52 AM

Had you not wasted your time being a carebear.. you would already be ahead of me. :P

Wezas
11-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

By the time I even hit 60 though they'll probably have stopped doing instance raids for gear and be busy with BG missions and PVP raids.

Had you not wasted your time being a carebear.. you would already be ahead of me. :P

Actually he bailed from Argent Dawn a while ago. Not quite sure where he went. He was all set to be our swordsmith.

Axhinde
11-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Well, what happened was I left the army. Spent about a week in limbo figuring out where I was going to live. Then I had a little bit of bank trouble and couldn't pay rent, so I moved once again back in with pops. We decided we still hate each other, so I left and moved to Ft. Lauderdale where I'm a professional moocher of the gov't.

Edit: I deleted Manadu. Trolls piss me off. Plus his name sucked.

[Edited on 11-18-2005 by Axhinde]

AnticorRifling
11-18-2005, 12:30 PM
I found an ally guild called <Rolling with my Gnomeys" I am impressed.

Wezas
11-18-2005, 12:41 PM
I found an ally guild called <Rolling with my Gnomeys" I am impressed.

Damn, that's pretty good.

Hulkein
11-18-2005, 12:43 PM

/no /no /no /no /no

AnticorRifling
11-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Yeah I don't see abandoning MSH, do I see some possible conjunctive works between the HoR and MSH? Yes.

Sean of the Thread
11-18-2005, 01:08 PM
yes.. lets start by one of your alts powering us thru a bit of shit eh?

:yes2:

AnticorRifling
11-18-2005, 01:12 PM
I have 2 characters. Anticor 41 and Dysentery 30. I could probably run you guys through WC or whatever. I'd love to get you guys to Dysentery's lvl so we can roll together (BGs especially).

As far as depth in the guild you're currently looking at:

2 41s druid and shaman
32 hunter (and a good one too which is rare)
30 mage
30 priest
several 20s and below

I think we are at about 30 members right now, generally the 30s and 40s are on around 6-9 server time.

Parkbandit
11-18-2005, 03:24 PM
I rolled up Bullchip to be in your guild. He's a druid and since I play him he is awesome at level 0.

Axhinde
11-18-2005, 06:51 PM
I rolled up Bullchip to be in your guild. He's a druid and since I play him he is awesome at level 0.

You sucked with Falgrin on AD, bigtime.

Sean of the Thread
11-18-2005, 08:41 PM

Does he have a beard and a mean roundkick at level 0?

Doubt it.

crazymage
11-18-2005, 09:07 PM
i saw sinax absolutely pwn bayne multiple times outside org today so apparently its not just on argent dawn.

Hulkein
11-19-2005, 02:40 AM
Lucky Grolock isn't there to show the HoR how to win duels.

Grolock, 13-2 in duels his level. Lost to Sinax ONCE, but he got teh pwn afterwords.

Nieninque
11-19-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Hulkein
Lucky Grolock isn't there to show the HoR how to win duels.

Grolock, 13-2 in duels his level. Lost to Sinax ONCE, but he got teh pwn afterwords.

Fuck off grobags, three of those thirteen were against Leffy, so dont go claiming that's some kind of an achievement

Lyonis
11-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Gro seemed the most promising out of the circle I leveled with in The Barren Fury. A couple of his wins are from me but I suck. The Sinax ones are definitely more impressive. Too bad that fucker left us :(

I heard Vik was pretty good too. I never got to find out though since it's not like he would ever duel me :)

I miss both you assholes.

Cay

crazymage
11-19-2005, 03:12 PM
dofl i hate dueling but i smoked lef, and grobags repeatedly as vik/iksor. Sinax was a bitch i think we were even on duels, and ARKANS used to smoke me fucking NERF SHAMANS

The Korean
11-19-2005, 07:53 PM
I haven't left yet Cay. I'm still around a few more days, then I'll be gone from WoW for a bit, may pop in some in december, but I'll be fully gone until April.

Sinax

Lyonis
11-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Good because that would make me cry :(

Hulkein
11-20-2005, 04:31 PM
I'll be back eventually, don't worry.

And no Viktor didn't smoke me repeatedly... I had beat you at least once, plus you were a few levels above me.

Axhinde
11-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Had I stuck with Manadu, all you assholes would be dust.:2beers:

Parkbandit
11-20-2005, 05:44 PM
i saw sinax absolutely pwn bayne multiple times outside org today so apparently its not just on argent dawn.

I remember that Bayne caused you to stop dueling with Grimlock because of the ass kickings you repeatedly got. It was so easy to beat you.

I haven't played Stabbed much in the past 3 months.. and Bayne much in the past 6.. so it doesn't surprise me that Sinax, who has plenty of epic gear and 6 months of practice would beat me.

crazymage
11-20-2005, 09:12 PM
i absolutely suck w/ hunters in a duel especially vs a shaman even one whos not a very good shaman!

11-21-2005, 09:34 AM
Kagg is the hunter that gives me the hardest time dueling. Fucking cheater.

AnticorRifling
11-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by The Korean
I haven't left yet Cay. I'm still around a few more days, then I'll be gone from WoW for a bit, may pop in some in december, but I'll be fully gone until April.

Sinax

LOL I didn't realize that you were Sinax.

Wezas
11-22-2005, 08:47 AM

Sinax

The fact that he kept discussing dog recipes on the guild chat didn't tip you off?

Parkbandit
11-22-2005, 09:01 AM
i absolutely suck

Finally, something I can agree with you on.

Littlefang
11-22-2005, 03:44 PM
I beat Dar once. But he was sitting down does that count?

And I am sorry Anticor I have alts but I am not sure I could run around with that guild tag over my head. hehehe

LF

The Korean
11-22-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Wezas

Sinax

The fact that he kept discussing dog recipes on the guild chat didn't tip you off?

And this would be why I don't powerlevel Wezas.