PDA

View Full Version : Dunemaul fun

Trinitis
06-18-2005, 12:54 PM
So! Now that I've desided to have some fun with the BF and make a Dunemaul alliance guy to harass you all with, should we get the party started? :D

CrystalTears
06-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Traitor http://img90.exs.cx/img90/2365/k1ocray.gif

Trinitis
06-18-2005, 01:00 PM
:lol:

Don't worry sweetpea! I'll be sure to lie down and let ya kill me.

:heart: CT too much ta fight back. :P

theotherjohn
06-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Adredrin
So! Now that I've desided to have some fun with the BF and make a Dunemaul alliance guy to harass you all with, should we get the party started? :D

welcome to DM

Tsa`ah
06-18-2005, 04:25 PM
I'll be sure to put your name on a few arrows you Alliance puss.

Hulkein
06-18-2005, 04:32 PM
pwnt

Trinitis
06-18-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
I'll be sure to put your name on a few arrows you Alliance puss.

Temper Temper!

Watch for flying fireballs ;)

Parkbandit
06-19-2005, 12:00 AM
You should join Carpe Diem..

That way the BF can Seize the Day all over both your asses.

theotherjohn
06-19-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

when Alorg leaves what are you going to do with 3 people in your guild?

Tsa`ah
06-19-2005, 04:30 AM
I think you need to trade in your old crack pipe for a better model.

3 members?

Nieninque
06-19-2005, 04:55 AM
He obviously doesnt know Keilum and Silthar came back

Parkbandit
06-19-2005, 08:25 AM
If anyone leaves the guild.. I'll continue to play the game because I enjoy playing it. I won't have a temper tantrum, scream and yell that no one is helping me.. then delete all my characters and go over to the alliance side "To show them!"

:shrug:

My life doesn't revolve around the game or the guild. It's only a game. It's only a guild.

Blazing247
06-19-2005, 09:11 AM
Uh, yeah, so if anyone rerolls alliance look up Rone for some help. I've got a level 60 mage and level 60 rogue, with 300 enchanting, tailoring, alchemy and herbalism if you need anything.

kheldarin
06-19-2005, 09:30 AM
WAAAH I QUIT

REROLLS

theotherjohn
06-19-2005, 09:45 AM
If anyone leaves the guild.. I'll continue to play the game because I enjoy playing it. I won't have a temper tantrum, scream and yell that no one is helping me.. then delete all my characters and go over to the alliance side "To show them!"

:shrug:

My life doesn't revolve around the game or the guild. It's only a game. It's only a guild.

My first character was horde and in your guild because of here. I didnt like horde and didnt like your guild so I left

Actually I should have left your fucked up guild the day I joined. If people ever join another guild, they will realize just how fucked up your guild really is because of Sade/Lefallah.

Temper tantrum whatever. I see it as the last straw.

PB I have nothing against you personally but serious your guild is fucked up. take a alt and put it in another guild and you will see

theotherjohn
06-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Blazing247
Uh, yeah, so if anyone rerolls alliance look up Rone for some help. I've got a level 60 mage and level 60 rogue, with 300 enchanting, tailoring, alchemy and herbalism if you need anything.

thanks CD is at 18 members 3 which are at 30 so pretty soon I or they may be contacting you for end game help

Blazing247
06-19-2005, 11:01 AM
CD...what's that stand for?

theotherjohn
06-19-2005, 11:03 AM
CD...what's that stand for?

my guild is named Carpe Diem

Hulkein
06-19-2005, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the axe before ya left TOJ. I'm using it now :)

Nieninque
06-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by theotherjohn

My first character was horde and in your guild because of here. I didnt like horde and didnt like your guild so I left

Actually I should have left your fucked up guild the day I joined. If people ever join another guild, they will realize just how fucked up your guild really is because of Sade/Lefallah.

:sniffle:

Back
06-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Heh, I was bitched out for inducting Nien into HJ.

Hey, come join Red Hand Revolution on Earthen Ring! Maybe the morons will leave. j/k. We have none. But you are welcome.

06-19-2005, 11:43 AM
I have an Alliance alt and have him in a different guild on a different server. I don't see how fucked up it is. I mean, did you get your beer pissed in or something? There is some sort of bitterness going and just might be a bit unjustified. Either way, I don't see how bad The Barren Fury is. That's just me though.

- Arkans

Nieninque
06-19-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Backlash

Hey this is too much.
What did I ever do?

:cry:

Parkbandit
06-19-2005, 11:50 AM

I've seen the guild from both the Guild master and a current lowbie. How exactly can one individual fuck it up? How powerful must Nien be if she can completely ruin your gaming experience, force you to delete the character you've put alot of time into and get you to join the other side to create a guild/new character JUST to one day hope to kill her.

Sounds like a jilted lover to me.

Parkbandit
06-19-2005, 11:52 AM

Hey, come join Red Hand Revolution on Earthen Ring! Maybe the morons will leave. j/k. We have none. But you are welcome.

Hey.. you can always come back with "Well you inducted Falgrin.. that's worse!"

Nieninque
06-19-2005, 11:52 AM
:(

You were doing so well too...

theotherjohn
06-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Hulkein
Thanks for the axe before ya left TOJ. I'm using it now :)

your welcome.

Best of luck to ya

Back
06-19-2005, 11:58 AM

Hey.. you can always come back with "Well you inducted Falgrin.. that's worse!"

Actually, that should read “They let Falgrin in!”

I thought Nien was hellacool. (and who DOSEN’T want a flirty female in thier guild?)

theotherjohn
06-19-2005, 12:00 PM

force you to delete the character you've put alot of time into and get you to join the other side to create a guild/new character JUST to one day hope to kill her.

I hope to never see any of her characters in the game.

Now the rest of you I would not mind stalking up on :D

06-19-2005, 12:03 PM
I don't see why. I mean, what do you guys have against her? The way we were going back and forth on the boards to each other you'd think I'd hate her, have my game ruined, and reroll Alliance, but that's not the case at all. What am I missing here?

- Arkans

Nieninque
06-19-2005, 12:07 PM

I thought Nien was hellacool. (and who DOSEN’T want a flirty female in thier guild?)

Actually Nien was more "rabbit in headlights" than flirty.

Looking back on it, I dint have a clue what I was doing most of the time with Nien.

Not entirely sure I do now :whistle:

Trinitis
06-19-2005, 01:46 PM
to be honest, I have no ill will twords BF. Things happened, and I moved on. I don't plan on playing on Dunemaul all that often (I've got a near cap char on Khadgar, plus I'm playing a lot on AD). I felt it could be fun to be on the other side of BF. Sure I'm going to get my ass handed too me when I run into a group of them, but thats part of the fun. If nothing else, It will help me become a better pvp'er.

For the record, I'm not trying to start some bitter gang fight between us on Dunemaul. I'm just trying to incite some friendly battles and have a good time.

Tsa`ah
06-19-2005, 02:24 PM
I was just giving you shit Adri.

Not that I won't use you as a stick pin and cat food, but like PB said ... it's just a game.

I don't see the point in hostility.

Trinitis
06-19-2005, 02:36 PM
That was kinda my point. The vexed comments coming from, and towards TOJ seems unsettling. It seems more like a string of personal vendettas between everyone :(

theotherjohn
06-19-2005, 05:11 PM
That was kinda my point. The vexed comments coming from, and towards TOJ seems unsettling. It seems more like a string of personal vendettas between everyone :(

Funny how you talk shit in WoW but come here and say the above

If it is so unsettling, quit kissing my ass and get out of my guild

[Edited on 6-19-2005 by theotherjohn]

Trinitis
06-19-2005, 05:16 PM
How did I say differently in the guild? Explain this please?

All I said to you was that I was looking forward to beating down some BF members. No where did I try in incite that we should start an all out war with them.

Personally, I think you need to step back and look at what your doing. It really sounds like you're taking everything extremely personal. One can talk shit without being serious you know. Parkbandit is a prime example :P

If you want me out of the guild, fine. I leave. *shrug* No skin off my ass. I joined up in hopes, once again, of being able to work together and enjoy the game with other people. If you don't want that, then I'll move on.

theotherjohn
06-19-2005, 06:05 PM
How did I say differently in the guild? Explain this please?

All I said to you was that I was looking forward to beating down some BF members. No where did I try in incite that we should start an all out war with them.

we are at war BF or otherwise. they are all horde scum.

Like I said I look forward to running across some of them in game. Other I dont want to have any interaction even alli v. whored.

Today when Easye, Toj and 2 palys were raiding xroads I looked for some familiar names

:grin:

Tsa`ah
06-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Funny how you talk shit in WoW but come here and say the above

If it is so unsettling, quit kissing my ass and get out of my guild

Well that's a good way to keep members in your guild.

Trinitis
06-19-2005, 06:16 PM

Like I said I look forward to running across some of them in game. Other I dont want to have any interaction even alli v. whored.

Today when Easye, Toj and 2 palys were raiding xroads I looked for some familiar names

Can you, or someone else please translate this? I've read it three times now, and most of it don't make sense to me.

All I can understand is you want the guild at war with BF.

Nieninque
06-19-2005, 06:29 PM
Psycho alert!

theotherjohn
06-19-2005, 07:08 PM

Can you, or someone else please translate this? I've read it three times now, and most of it don't make sense to me.

All I can understand is you want the guild at war with BF.

whatever dude I am not responding to any of your posts and you can take your ass kissing alt some where else

Nieninque
06-19-2005, 07:09 PM
:rofl:

Thanks for showing that its not me that is the problem Toj ;)

theotherjohn
06-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Nieninque
Psycho alert!

nasty whore alert

Trinitis
06-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Right.

I'll remember that asking what would be helpful to the guild as a whole (Class/profession wise) is kissing ass. Next time I'll be sure to do what ever the fuck I want and what ever guild I'm in can go too hell.

Fat chance of that ever happening. If my willingness to assist your guild is viewed as kissing your ass, you can go blow yourself. I've got my own guild on a different server, and I don't NEED to be helping you out. I was doing so to be nice and have a group of people to hang out with. Sorry to say I'll be leaving said guild now.

It's too bad really, I was starting to like some of the other members. Rather nice people. I can't wait untill they see the real side of their guild leader. Nothing like finding out the hard way your leader is a fucking asshat.

Enjoy.

[Edited on 6-19-2005 by Adredrin]

theotherjohn
06-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Right.

I can't wait untill they see the real side of their guild leader. Nothing like finding out the hard way your leader is a fucking asshat.

Enjoy.

[Edited on 6-19-2005 by Adredrin]

I only recruit good people. I only made one mistake so far and that was you

Yeah Im the guild leader that does everything with them that is why I am only 30. So yeah they know what type of leader I am

Trinitis
06-19-2005, 07:28 PM
It takes more then backpacking to be a good guild leader. But I don't really expect someone like you to understand that.

You let us know how your guild goes after you explode on a random member in guild chat. Thanks.

I might also point out, you had NOTHING to do in my recrutment. I did a find on the guild, /t'ed a member, she invited me. You were not even in game at the time.

06-19-2005, 11:45 PM
This seems like some real personal shit. It's a game. I'm a bit worried what's gonna happen on these boards when we speak CD in a few skirmishes :(

- Arkans

theotherjohn
06-20-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Arkans
This seems like some real personal shit. It's a game. I'm a bit worried what's gonna happen on these boards when we speak CD in a few skirmishes :(

- Arkans

dont worry I did my first raid in xroad today.

I was waiting for the No storm :P

06-20-2005, 01:25 AM
Batman Begins was tonight. Incredible fucking movie. Get your guys up in levels though. A few orginized skirmishes would be an awesome idea to get a friendly rivalry going.

- Arkans

Toxicvixen
06-20-2005, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by theotherjohn we are at war BF or otherwise. they are all horde scum.

Wow. You need to step away from the computer, change your batman undroos and realize that its just a game. You're taking this WAY too seriously.

theotherjohn
06-20-2005, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Toxicvixen

Originally posted by theotherjohn we are at war BF or otherwise. they are all horde scum.

Wow. You need to step away from the computer, change your batman undroos and realize that its just a game. You're taking this WAY too seriously.

and you and everyone else is taking what I say on a message board about a game way to seriously.

theotherjohn
06-20-2005, 06:26 AM
Get your guys up in levels though. A few orginized skirmishes would be an awesome idea to get a friendly rivalry going.

- Arkans

it will add a new element to the game.

Just a side note I am two bars away from 31 so maybe I will turn in some quests and see you in BG

Tsa`ah
06-20-2005, 07:07 AM
dont worry I did my first raid in xroad today.

I was waiting for the No storm :P

If a /no storm is your goal, you may want to man up and attack a target that more of TBF frequent.

Nieninque
06-20-2005, 07:12 AM
And lose the babysitters :shrug:

I reckon we could fix you up with a suitable match.
Sota is one that springs to mind.

[Edited on 20-6-05 by Nieninque]

theotherjohn
06-20-2005, 07:52 AM
And lose the babysitters :shrug:

I reckon we could fix you up with a suitable match.
Sota is one that springs to mind.

look when I have played as many months as you then we will see who needs the babysitters.

All of you talk a lot of shit right now because you are 60 and I am 30. We will see who is talking when it is even.

Nieninque
06-20-2005, 08:17 AM
Most of the shit I see posted here is by you.

I have deliberately not posted about CD v TBF in case you said I was whispering stuff to you and if you read through my posts, you will see that I think at best I am average in PvP at worst I am shit. I could care less about you or your guild, although I admit it is funny seeing you behave in the hysterical/psychotic way you have done recently. For a minute I thought it was something I had said or done to upset you...now I see it is just the way you are.

As for being 60, I currently have 5 characters on Dunemaul ranging from 8-60. My 60 is one of the weaker PvP classes (especially with the talent build she has, plus she is played by me) so I dont brag about how great she is. My rogue seems to do better, but again, I'm not one for bragging about being great...mostly because I am not.

Let me know when you get into the next level of Warsong Gulch. I have a character in that level bracket than I can use in there. I'm sure that will brighten up your day no end ;)

Edited to add: good luck calling people for duels/PvP with a druid. Hardest class to level to 60, hardest to be a decent PvPer. Not much I agree with Blazing about, but on that point I do.

CrystalTears
06-20-2005, 08:36 AM
Nien, I will formally apologize for my past assumptions that you guys were instigating something. After the posts I've seen lately, I totally misunderstood what could have happened. I can see now that Toj may have just exaggerated the situations.

I really don't know what he has against you, still. At first I thought, well maybe the roughness you've showed here was showing there, I am guilty of thinking that way. However I really had to go back and think about my interactions with you in the past and present and I just don't get that feeling.

I'm hoping playing my mage will work for me better this time around. Even though I dueled some hunter and got my ass handed to me :rolleyes: it was still fun. Now I'm determined to get older and kiss his ass. :D

Parkbandit
06-20-2005, 08:49 AM

All you have to post is "Hey, I'm going to xroads tonight by 8PM.. I hope to see some of you TBF members there so I can kick your teeth in"

You will have better luck finding us. We usually won't be alerted when 4 measley alliance run into crossroads only to get their asses kicked.

06-20-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Now I'm determined to get older and kiss his ass. :D

Freudian slip?

06-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Problem is, XR isn't even really a regular haunt for us. In fact, I think I am one of the few that goes through, just because my Astral Recall is set to there, other than that, everyone else just Hearths to Orgrimmar. Now, if you really want to get the attention of The Barren Fury, hit up STV, Feralis, or maybe even Arathi. Also, just announce it on here!

- Arkans

CrystalTears
06-20-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets

Now I'm determined to get older and kiss his ass. :D

Freudian slip?

:lol: OMG I totally meant kick. :blush:

SnatchWrangler
06-20-2005, 09:44 AM

when Alorg leaves what are you going to do with 3 people in your guild?

If everyone from PC left the guild, there would still be 15-20 accounts. Last I check, TBF had ~60 accounts, 85 members.

SnatchWrangler
06-20-2005, 09:45 AM

Who is your mage by the way? And what guild are Rone and him both currently in?

SnatchWrangler
06-20-2005, 09:53 AM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

I mean...of all the players on the Dunemaul server...out of all of them...

I mean...Easye?!? He is BY FAR, BAR NONE, THE GOD DAMN WORST ROGUE EVER. Probably the worst PvPer ever.

He's been 60 for a couple months now...I swear, he fights like he's level 40. All he does is grief level 20s. I've seen a group of level 20s and 30s kill him in Ashenvale. All he does is go to lowbie areas to try and push people around. Now, Shadowskills was the same way, and was just as pathetic. But Shadowskills actually got better, and is a decent PvPer now.

Easye...is hands down the least skilled opponent I've ever faced. Even Bayne gives me more of a challenge (You knew I was going to throw that in there, right? :lol: )

Toj...don't associate yourself with him ever. Nothing good can come of it.

Nieninque
06-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Nien, I will formally apologize for my past assumptions that you guys were instigating something. After the posts I've seen lately, I totally misunderstood what could have happened. I can see now that Toj may have just exaggerated the situations.

:saint: Apology graciously accepted.
Although I will admit that the first round of posts I reacted in a way that probably inflamed the situation, I most certainly didnt initiate the badness....no no no no no :)

I really don't know what he has against you, still. At first I thought, well maybe the roughness you've showed here was showing there, I am guilty of thinking that way. However I really had to go back and think about my interactions with you in the past and present and I just don't get that feeling.

See that's the thing. I dont get it either. If people dont like me from the boards, I can see that. I just dont see how I am the devil in game. :shrug:

I didnt really know of Toj from the boards other than his snipe at Boomsplat so didnt really have an opinion of him in game. I really didnt like Arkans and Hulkein from the discussions I have seen/had with them here, but was keen to make sure that the PC didnt spill over into game (spot the GSers). I am happy to say that I was wrong about them both...and I actually like them and enjoy gaming with them, so I certainly dont hold any prejudices about people in game...and I still dont get when Toj's stuff comes from...in fact his version of what happened as posted here is so far from reality, I really worry about him. Truly.

I'm hoping playing my mage will work for me better this time around. Even though I dueled some hunter and got my ass handed to me :rolleyes: it was still fun. Now I'm determined to get older and kiss his ass. :D

I know it's already been posted out, but that is a hell of a typo

CrystalTears
06-20-2005, 11:00 AM
Well.. he WAS cute for an orc. :D

theotherjohn
06-20-2005, 01:41 PM

Let me know when you get into the next level of Warsong Gulch. I have a character in that level bracket than I can use in there. I'm sure that will brighten up your day no end ;)

Edited to add: good luck calling people for duels/PvP with a druid. Hardest class to level to 60, hardest to be a decent PvPer. Not much I agree with Blazing about, but on that point I do.

I know that I picked a druid to play the game and have fun because I can be a shitty tank (bear form); stealth runs (cat) and healer.

I am two bars away from 31 so see you in the next group soon

hard to 60? So far it is pretty easy. Only thing getting in the way is real life. Sometimes it sucks being an adult

theotherjohn
06-20-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by ParkbanditYou will have better luck finding us. We usually won't be alerted when 4 measley alliance run into crossroads only to get their asses kicked.

actually 60 rogue, target (me) and two capped palys did quite well

It wasnt my idea. I was on the way to finish quests and open the map so I can lead warlocks to Ratchet and heard them talking about it so I joined in.

theotherjohn
06-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by SnatchWrangler

Toj...don't associate yourself with him ever. Nothing good can come of it.

only person I have interacted with other than guildes is Eggs and Elusion

thanks for the warning

theotherjohn
06-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by SnatchWranglerIf everyone from PC left the guild, there would still be 15-20 accounts. Last I check, TBF had ~60 accounts, 85 members.

awesome. more targets:D

crazymage
06-20-2005, 01:49 PM
my 12 warrior can probably take your druid!

theotherjohn
06-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by crazymage
my 12 warrior can probably take your druid!

maybe when he is 13 but not 12 :P

Parkbandit
06-20-2005, 01:53 PM
I think I will piss myself the first time I see some alliance Toj walking around. Let me tell you how our interaction will go.

Cheapshot
Backstab
SS
Kidney punch
SS
SS
Blind
/no
/no
/no
/no
/no
/no
vanish
cheapshot
/cry
backstab
Evis - if needed

Anebriated
06-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Many people still play on AD?

theotherjohn
06-20-2005, 02:01 PM
I think I will piss myself the first time I see some alliance Toj walking around. Let me tell you how our interaction will go.

Cheapshot

You do realize natures grasp stops you right here right?

then faeire fire
then cast regrowth my version of shield
then thorn
several casts of moonfire
go to bear form and continue attacking or travel form away

I will have more fun spells for you as I grow older

Parkbandit
06-20-2005, 02:34 PM

Cheapshot

You do realize natures grasp stops you right here right?

then faeire fire
then cast regrowth my version of shield
then thorn
several casts of moonfire
go to bear form and continue attacking or travel form away

I will have more fun spells for you as I grow older

Not really familiar with Nature's grasp.. do you already have it on or can you throw it up while stunned?

And I've never seen someone react to a cheapshot out of no where with the reflexes you have "said" you have. You know you won't see Stabbed coming up, right?

By the time you go "What the fuck was that crunching noise and why can't I move right now", I'll have already dropped you down to 1/2 health and moving you into another stun.

SnatchWrangler
06-20-2005, 02:41 PM
By the time you go "What the fuck was that crunching noise and why can't I move right now", I'll have already dropped you down to 1/2 health and moving you into another stun.

I can't wait for Stabbed to get to 60 so I can abuse him like I did his cow pappy Bayne.

Parkbandit
06-20-2005, 02:56 PM

I can't wait for Stabbed to get to 60 so I can abuse him like I did his cow pappy Bayne.

No way bitch. I'm gonna pwn you bull style.

CrystalTears
06-20-2005, 03:09 PM
PB has a serious fixation with cows. He needs therapy. :nutty:

SnatchWrangler
06-20-2005, 03:11 PM

I'd love to know exactly what "pwn you bull style" is. Since, Bayne sure as hell never came close to showing it to me.

Hulkein
06-20-2005, 03:12 PM
PBs gonna pwn you like his Mazda minivan with two weeks left on the lease.

Parkbandit
06-20-2005, 04:12 PM

I'd love to know exactly what "pwn you bull style" is. Since, Bayne sure as hell never came close to showing it to me.

Actually.. the last fight we had I ALMOST had you. I had you under 25% health.

And for someone who sounds so damn confident in his PvP abilities.. who was it that will only duel once every 10 minutes.. because he needs his Prep talent refreshed?

If you beat me so bad all the times.. I wonder why you refuse to duel without that.

Weird.

[Edited on 6-20-05 by Parkbandit]

Parkbandit
06-20-2005, 04:16 PM
PBs gonna pwn you like his Mazda minivan with two weeks left on the lease.

You are so a Wezass wanna be.

Hulkein
06-20-2005, 04:28 PM
Haha, only reason I even thought of that was because I read his sig today.

"Currently I lease a Mazda minivan."

Parkbandit
06-20-2005, 04:29 PM
Haha, only reason I even thought of that was because I read his sig today.

"Currently I lease a Mazda minivan."

Be thankful someone of your own faction can't kill you.

Be very thankful.

SnatchWrangler
06-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Actually.. the last fight we had I ALMOST had you. I had you under 25% health.

And for someone who sounds so damn confident in his PvP abilities.. who was it that will only duel once every 10 minutes.. because he needs his Prep talent refreshed?

If you beat me so bad all the times.. I wonder why you refuse to duel without that.

Weird.

[Edited on 6-20-05 by Parkbandit]

First off, I was at around 40%. 2nd off, when I duel, I don't use poisons, blind powder, and RARELY use prep. Often I'll use prep BEFORE the fight starts, just because I've already spent my cooldowns in other duels and figure I can still win 90% of duels with only one use of vanish, evasion, and coldblood.

My duel with you came after I beat Keilum twice in a row. I'll duel you every 2 minutes, when coldblood has cooled down.

I used to want to wait 10 minutes in between duels, of course, you used to be 3 levels over me when I used to make you my PB (no, not Parkbandit, my personal bitch!)

[Edited on 6-20-2005 by SnatchWrangler]

CrystalTears
06-20-2005, 04:51 PM
SW, you are so hot right now. :drool:

Trinitis
06-20-2005, 05:10 PM

Not really familiar with Nature's grasp.. do you already have it on or can you throw it up while stunned?

Umm.. I'm not really sure how he is expecting Nature's Grasp to stop you. Natures Grasp will root you when you hit him. But, since you are opening with a cheapshot...he'll be stunned and can't run. So there is nothing to keep you from hitting him still. By the time the cheapshot and the kidney shot runs out, the root should be gone, or close to gone.

[Edited on 6-20-2005 by Adredrin]

Nieninque
06-20-2005, 05:46 PM

Umm.. I'm not really sure how he is expecting Nature's Grasp to stop you. Natures Grasp will root you when you hit him. But, since you are opening with a cheapshot...he'll be stunned and can't run. So there is nothing to keep you from hitting him still. By the time the cheapshot and the kidney shot runs out, the root should be gone, or close to gone.

[Edited on 6-20-2005 by Adredrin]

And if it isnt...Vanish (which will remove the roots) and cheapshot again...5 seconds more pummelling time.

Natures grasp is le sux0r unless you are piling talents into improved natures grasp...and if you are, it means you are missing some important stuff.

Nieninque
06-20-2005, 05:54 PM

I know that I picked a druid to play the game and have fun because I can be a shitty tank (bear form); stealth runs (cat) and healer.

Dont get me wrong. I dont think druids are shitty. I think they are great fun because of their versatility, they can be good at any or all of the three you have mentioned (depending on talents and skills) but are never going to be the best.

They will however be hard work...mainly because they dont have the DPS. They can take damage (bear) and dish (some) damage (cat) and heal (caster) but it takes some time.

I will say that Sade can solo same level elites, and when I first rolled her people on the official boards were like "my druid cant fight two mobs" but I never had a problem with surviving stuff...just the length of time it takes to kill stuff....

anyway I am rambling.
Druids are fun.
I hope you enjoy playing yours.
But you are playing a support role in the main...not that there is anything wrong with that. One of the funniest moments I think I have had in WoW was ganking with a mage in WPL, and him being chased by three alliance who were slowly mashing him, whilst I was running along the hills next to him - out of sight of them - and casting heals every now and then to keep the mage alive. Was a real slapstick moment....anyway I am rambling again :smilegrin:

Nieninque
06-20-2005, 05:59 PM
...several casts of moonfire...

Just an observation, that several casts of moonfire (unless the target is running away) is pretty mana intesive with few returns. I mean it has it's place, but if the target is rooted, Wrath or starfire are so much more efficient.

Now I should stop giving you tips....ok I'll get my coat.

theotherjohn
06-20-2005, 06:33 PM

Natures grasp is le sux0r unless you are piling talents into improved natures grasp...and if you are, it means you are missing some important stuff.

perhaps there is a reason you had a hard time getting to 60 and suck at PvP

theotherjohn
06-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Not really familiar with Nature's grasp.. do you already have it

always have it on

theotherjohn
06-20-2005, 06:42 PM

Now I should stop giving you tips....ok I'll get my coat.

what is your build?

Mine will be 7/11/33

and yes I already have advanced grasp

Nieninque
06-20-2005, 07:58 PM
1/enough for fairie fire cat/31

Nieninque
06-20-2005, 07:59 PM

perhaps there is a reason you had a hard time getting to 60 and suck at PvP

I didnt say I had a hard time...I said it was hard work.

that is mostly based upon 45 levels as a rogue and 40 levels as a shaman

theotherjohn
06-20-2005, 08:15 PM

that leaves 3 points over so what is your real build?

anyways much different than mine and explains your problems with PvP

06-20-2005, 11:59 PM
I just don't see how anyone can justify a druid as actually a "strong" pvp class when compared to other classes. They are not in the same league as rogues, priests, shamans, or even mages. They are more on par with hunters or warlocks. Just not that great and go down real fast.

- Arkans

Nieninque
06-21-2005, 05:03 AM

that leaves 3 points over so what is your real build?

anyways much different than mine and explains your problems with PvP

Well clearly you are a far better player than me and you will be teh awes0me PvPer.

Although more seriously, I have been talking of playing a horde druid, you are playing an alliance druid who will be part of the Zerg (as opposed to my soloing) so it may be that you have much more success as a result.

In terms of the talent build I have, the last time I changed talents cost me 10g (therefore 3 changes and 4 talent builds), so your assumptions about my success in PvP are somewhat misplaced.

Also worth mentioning that while I was doing ok with Sade PvP-wise (she was up to first sergeant and would have reached stone guard at least had I continued playing her) it just doesnt compare to the other classes.

Once again, good luck playing your druid. I know you will have fun because they are a fun class to play. Wait until you PvP without three 60 babysitters though, before you judge your own successes.

Fallen
06-21-2005, 06:01 AM
This stuff sounds complicated.

theotherjohn
06-21-2005, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Fallen

Part of the fun is comparing builds in a heated discussion

theotherjohn
06-21-2005, 07:08 AM

Well clearly you are a far better player than me and you will be teh awes0me PvPer.

good enough player of druid to notice you did not list a real build

I did not say I would be a awesome pvper. Just not as horrible as all of you whorded think druids are

Nieninque
06-21-2005, 07:22 AM

good enough player of druid to notice you did not list a real build

Sure I did.
One point in balance to get nature's grasp.
Enough points in feral to get improved prowl and faire fire.
Enough points in Restoration to get innervate and natures swiftness.

That's my build. There are lots of variations you could have even if you get the same talents top-end. I do apologise for not logging Sade in specifically in order to obtain an exact run down of my talent build for you :(

I did not say I would be a awesome pvper. Just not as horrible as all of you whorded think druids are

Your lack of comprehension astounds me.
I havent said druids are horrible. I have also taken a druid to 60, so am somewhat qualified to make a judgement on how druids are...qualified enough to also know that natures grasp isnt going to stop a rogue who has just cheapshotted you.

I have said they are fun but hard work. I have said that they are a jack of all trades, master of none. The hybrids of the game. You cannot play a druid and be an exceptional PvPer. Even Celendil, who plays one of the best druids on the server IMO struggles PvP wise (one on one) because that is the nature of druids.

Ask Alorg how he does against druids...and he duels the best PvPers in the game. Ask some of the rogues and warriors how they do. I'm not saying you wont be any good...but you will never be the best...purely and simply because you are playing a druid.

Parkbandit
06-21-2005, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Fallen

Compared to GS.. it's nothing.

GS is far more complicated due to it's game "secrets".

SnatchWrangler
06-21-2005, 09:43 AM
I just don't see how anyone can justify a druid as actually a "strong" pvp class when compared to other classes.

- Arkans

If they are arguing this, they are fighting a losing battle.

Chuch is one of the best PvP druids on our server, probably the best on the Horde side. Even he admits in a one on one duel, druids just can't compete with most classes. They don't have the burst DPS, and they don't have DoTs. Really all they have is the ability to last awhile with shapeshifting and bear form.

But...if you pair Chuch up with a rogue, there are not many pairs that will beat them. It's scary what a skilled druid/rogue tag team can do. (I mentioned a couple weeks ago, myself and a druid dropped 3 rogues and a paladin that were all level 58-60 behind the Org Zep Tower...it was a massacre.)

Nieninque
06-21-2005, 09:49 AM
Yeah. My most successful PvP moments have been either with a rogue or mage, supporting

SnatchWrangler
06-21-2005, 09:51 AM
You cannot play a druid and be an exceptional PvPer. Even Celendil, who plays one of the best druids on the server IMO struggles PvP wise (one on one) because that is the nature of druids.

Yup he/she struggles PvP wise. I think Winterfang is one of, if not the best PvP druid on the Alliance side. All the other "known" names, Cryect, Flip, Nvrfgt, Celendil...just never put any fear in me whatsoever. I just charge in and think, "Hope I can drop 'em and move on before they switch to bear form and make me take an extra 30 seconds to beat them."

And those four druids are probably the best equipped druids on the Alliance side as well. Even exceptional gear doesn't change the situation.

Nieninque
06-21-2005, 10:02 AM
IMO, druids are exceptional at surviving/escaping (provided they are quick thinking and reacting).
They just dont have the DPS to do the killing thing.

theotherjohn
06-21-2005, 11:09 AM

It's scary what a skilled druid/rogue tag team can do.

It is scary what a skilled druid/anything can do. Everyone wants a druid on their team for anything they are doing either instances or raids.

I am very happy with my druid and choice to be alliance

Perhaps I am not making myself clear here. I have no doubt that a druid v. like level rogues or mages a druid should lose everytime.

What I was trying to make clear is that my build is very different than Sade so her druid tips for me dont work and that even though Stabbed is a rogue because he is played by PB my druid would still stomp his ass :D

theotherjohn
06-21-2005, 11:11 AM

And those four druids are probably the best equipped druids on the Alliance side as well.

I know at least 1 of those and I will have the exact same build

Nieninque
06-21-2005, 11:47 AM
It is scary what a skilled druid/anything can do. Everyone wants a druid on their team for anything they are doing either instances or raids.

Because you can heal

Parkbandit
06-21-2005, 11:51 AM

#1 - I have no doubt that a druid v. like level rogues or mages a druid should lose everytime.

#2 - Even though Stabbed is a rogue because he is played by PB my druid would still stomp his ass :D

Silly druid.. you should just stick with #1.. as that is based upon reality and mechanics and forget all about #2 because that is a fantasy of yours that only exists in your imagination.

:)

theotherjohn
06-21-2005, 11:51 AM

Because you can heal

Because I can heal/tank/stealth but yes mainly HoT

theotherjohn
06-21-2005, 11:55 AM

#1 - I have no doubt that a druid v. like level rogues or mages a druid should lose everytime.

#2 - Even though Stabbed is a rogue because he is played by PB my druid would still stomp his ass :D

Silly druid.. you should just stick with #1.. as that is based upon reality and mechanics and forget all about #2 because that is a fantasy of yours that only exists in your imagination.

:)

lol

CrystalTears
06-21-2005, 12:03 PM

Because you can heal

Because I can heal/tank/stealth but yes mainly HoT

That's strange because I've yet to hear of people requesting for a druid. They can join and aren't denied, but not requested, and definitely not to tank.

theotherjohn
06-21-2005, 12:08 PM

That's strange because I've yet to hear of people requesting for a druid. They can join and aren't denied, but not requested, and definitely not to tank.

that is more accurate

As you know as a druid I cant solo any aspect of a instance team but I am a decent tank if combined with a hunter/warlock pet. Using bear form, I can hold aggro most of the time

Nieninque
06-21-2005, 12:10 PM
I have been asked for specifically to join instances for tanking abilities for LBRS stealth runs...but that's also for healing abilities and stealthing abilities.

If people want a tank they generally ask for a warrior.

If people ask for a druid for an instance/raid, its generally because there isnt a priest available.

theotherjohn
06-22-2005, 09:29 AM
Alliance scum deserve no soap box. Delete this entire thread until he kneels down and joins the Horde.

If I did go whored it would be a tauren so I could be called Mootown