Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Your Unused Or Brand New Alterations: Win 10 million silvers

Default Need Your Unused Or Brand New Alterations: Win 10 million silvers

So here's the deal- I am just horrible at designing alterations, and so I generally just don't bother. As a result, I'm sitting on a small mountain of weapons I love but which are either entirely plain or still have OTS descriptions. I have weapons I've owned for 5 years which are still unaltered, and it's ridiculous.

So I'm going to list out my favorite weapons that fall into the totally plain/OTS description category, and I would be so forever grateful for either unused alteration ideas you're sitting on, or, for you more creative types- even brand new ones.

If I get at least 7 alteration ideas that I decide to use, then one of the people who submitted them will win 10 million silvers. If I get a design submission I like for all of them, I'll give out two 10 million silver prizes. You'll get one "entry" for each submission of yours I take. So if you submit 7 that I take and no one else does, you get 10 million silver. If I get 17 designs that I go with, and you submitted 3, you have a ~3/17 chance of winning each of the 10 million silver prizes (I'm oversimplifying the math, I know). Note- there will be two unique winners for each 10m prize if I get to 17.

Okay, here are the weapons I need alterations for along with some info on key properties to help you with themes. (Note that the alteration doesn't need to ultimately "match" the properties, but use them if it helps)

1) Submit ideas for specific weapons below or just general alteration ideas you love.

2) Base description (with or without a long) at minimum. SHOWs greatly appreciated. Names for the weapon even better still (but only if there's a show)

3) It's okay to change the base noun of the weapon. i.e. a mace doesn't have to stay a mace- it could be a dhara or warmace or whatever. For the most part I don't have strong preferences there.

1) golvern holy water sprinkler: Undead killing weapon. (permablessed and bubble flares)

2) An adamantine morning star: Adamantine (duh) but also greater void flares if that helps at all

3) glaes-hafted shimmering ora warmace: Air flares & health vial flares

4) a gleaming white ora spikestar: Iasha (Vishra follows Ivas, if that helps)

5) a steel-linked ora morning star: Coraesine relic. Dispel. Enhancive (largely that makes you stronger)

6) a low steel morning star: Low Steel (duh), Blink

7) a tarnished vultite morning star: Sprite weapon

8) an ora-chained silvery vultite spikestar with a suede-wrapped haft: Solar Weapon- which means it's dedicated to Phoen and is "daytime" aligned

9) an ora-chained silvery vultite spikestar with a suede-wrapped haft: Nebular Weapon- which means it's dedicated to Ronan and is "night time" aligned

10) a high steel morning star: High Steel (duh). Greater lightning.

11) an ivory-hafted morning star: A Kai weapon. Which means it's dedicated to Kai (obv)

12) rune-inscribed crimson vultite spikestar: Twin weapon. Flares plasma if that helps? (Should match 13)

13) a gilded vultite mace with an ironwood haft: Twin weapon. Flares plasma if that helps? (Should match 12)

14) a white alloy war hammer Just white alloy. Nothing special But it's naturally good for hunting non-corporeal undead

15) an oak-hafted rolaren spikestar tipped with connical spikes: Animalistic spirit weapon. I hate those damn connical spikes. Gag.

16) a golden mace with a leather-wrapped haft: Energy weapon. Plasma if that helps?

17) a twisted xazkruvrixis spikestar: Just death flares. Nothing else.

Thank you so much in advance. This has been bothering me for ages, and I would just love to finally get it all sorted out with the help of you wonderful wordsmiths who are so much better at this than I'll ever be!
    Last edited by time4fun; 01-05-2021 at 10:17 AM.

2. Default

I know nothing of alters and the rules but i would go with something to this nature for #2. If someone more knowing of the alter process can look over this and modify it for Time4Fun i would greatly appreciate it to not lead her down a false path.

2) An adamantine morning star
    Lava veined adamantine morning star with gold battle blunted spikes.
    The morning star's grandiose stature seems almost unwieldy in its design yet flows with a sleek effortless grace through its motions. Battle-marred tines show wear through the eons of use yet still poses an austere presence. The haft and head themselves show no signs of abuse in it's ostentatious design. a Prismatic vibrant sheen of deep purples and blues are streaked with polished lava across shaft shaft and molded handle giving a clouded opaque translucence. looking closer to the star's shaft you can see a runed inscription that reads: "Void's Silence, the Severer of Conscience"
    Last edited by Fryinhades; 01-05-2021 at 11:26 AM. Reason: modified wording a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Fryinhades View Post
    I know nothing of alters and the rules but i would go with something to this nature for #2. If someone more knowing of the alter process can look over this and modify it for Time4Fun i would greatly appreciate it to not lead her down a false path.

2) An adamantine morning star
    Lava veined adamantine morning star with gold battle blunted spikes.
    The morning star's grandiose stature seems almost unwieldy in its design yet flows with a sleek effortless grace through its motions. Battle-marred tines show wear through the eons of use yet still poses an austere presence. The haft and head themselves show no signs of abuse in it's ostentatious design. a Prismatic vibrant sheen of deep purples and blues are streaked with polished lava across shaft shaft and molded handle giving a clouded opaque translucence. looking closer to the star's shaft you can see a runed inscription that reads: "Void's Silence, the Severer of Conscience"
    Thank you so much!

bump

So you're lazy, not creative, have no vision and are intellectually incapable of putting together eleven words or a few coherent sentences for a show alteration? It's like you set out to prove everything everyone has ever said about you in just one post.

Thanks for the thread bump sweetie. You're the best!

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Thanks for the thread bump sweetie. You're the best!
    Damn right.

Okay I'm so very sorry for the delay in moving this forward! With our nation in a democratic death spiral, I g a little distracted.

I'm going to add in the alteration ideas people have sent over! If you have more, add them!

I really can't thank the people who have submitted ideas enough!

First batch- one for every weapon!! From Lynaera!

1: golvern holy water sprinkler: a tri-headed golvern morning star with a white ora chain

This tri-headed weapon has been artfully crafted from rich golvern and lustrous white ora, combining brilliant gold luster with the pure white of the ora. Each of the three spiked golvern heads have been kept in masterful condition and are connected to the haft with a chain of polished white ora. The haft of the weapon has been dyed pure white and is wrapped with cloth-of-gold.

(If white ora can be supplied, if not…)
    a tri-headed golvern morning star with a pure white chain

This tri-headed weapon has been artfully crafted from rich golvern and lustrous white steel, combining the brilliant luster of golden golvern with the pure white dye of the steel. Each of the three spiked golvern heads have been kept in masterful condition and are connected to the haft with a chain of polished steel. The haft of the weapon has been dyed pure white and is wrapped with cloth-of-gold.

2: An adamantine morning star: a gleaming adamantine spikestar with obsidian inclusions

The spiked star of this weapon has been polished to a bright gleam and has been affixed to the haft with a sturdy chain of adamantine. The haft itself is twisted and has been intertwined around a core of dark obsidian, the inclusions of which sparkle faintly in the ambient light.
    (or)
    The spiked star of this weapon has been polished to a bright gleam and has been affixed to the haft with a sturdy chain of adamantine. The haft itself is twisted tightly from top to bottom around a core of smooth obsidian, which sparkles faintly in the ambient light.

3: glaes-hafted shimmering ora warmace: a enruned ora warmace with a sturdy glaes haft

The ora head of this sturdy warmace has been polished to a shimmering gleam and is mounted atop a haft of volcanic glaes. Faint light grey ora runes have been inscribed onto the entirety of the glaes haft which spiral loosely from top to bottom. The ora runes cluster together at the bottom of the haft and slowly branch out into spirals, giving the impression of wind gusting forth from the base of the glaes haft.

4: a gleaming white ora spikestar: A white ora spikestar inlaid with golden runes

The entirety of this white ora weapon has been masterfully crafted and meticulously inlaid with golden runes, which undulate upwards from the base of the weapon to the spikes of the star, creating dizzying spiraling effects.

5: a steel-linked ora morning star: A twin-headed ora morning star affixed to a heavy steel chain.

The twin heads of this morning star have been crafted out of sturdy ora and are covered in several deadly spikes perfect for piercing the thickest armor. The heads of this weapon are connected to the haft by a durable steel chain which has been kept well oiled to prevent the accumulation of rust.

6: a low steel morning star: a warped low steel morning star covered in twisted spikes.

This weapon appears warped and twisted, as if crafted by an insane blacksmith, however, the sturdy construction and masterfully sharp spikes suggest otherwise. The haft of the weapon bends oddly outwards, before being warped back into shape, and the spikes of the star twist and spiral outwards in random directions.

7: a tarnished vultite morning star: (sprite weapon. Honestly I don’t know how to alter this one, and I think it is mostly up to you(this includes altering the sprite color, if a merchant can be found who is willing to do this))
    a dull vultite morning star with (sprite color) scrollwork (inactive).
    a gleaming vultite morning star with glowing scrollwork (active).

(These are pretty simple and I basically just stole ideas from Telagan(shows aren't allowed apparently)).

8: an ora-chained silvery vultite spikestar with a suede-wrapped haft: an ora-chained vultite spikestar inlaid with yellow sapphires

The vultite of this spikestar has been left undyed, allowing the blue and silvery veins of the natural vultite to flow around this masterfully crafted weapon. The blues and silvers of the spikestar join the cloudy light grey of the ora chain, connecting to the haft of the weapon, which has been inlaid with gleaming yellow sapphires.

(The blue and silver is the sky, the chain is the clouds, and the sapphires, the sun. That was the idea at least).

9: an ora-chained silvery vultite spikestar with a suede-wrapped haft: a dark vultite spikestar with a cloth-of-silver wrapped haft

The haft of this weapon is crafted of a dark wood which has been wrapped with brilliant cloth-of-silver. The haft is attached to a silvery chain which joins a darkly dyed vultite star. Frequent use has worn away bits of the dye on the vultite spikes, revealing faint flecks of silver underneath, giving the impression of stars in the night sky.

(And here we have stars in the night sky)

10: a high steel morning star: a gleaming high steel spiked mace.

The high steel of this weapon has been polished to a flawless gleam, causing light to reflect off of it’s surface. The spiked star of the weapon is fixed to a sturdy core of high steel, which has been inlaid with numerous zorchar colored runes, which radiate outwards from the base of the weapon, to the sharp points of the star.

11: an ivory-hafted morning star: an ivory-hafted morning star wrapped with crimson silk.

The haft of this weapon is composed of smooth ivory, turned and polished to a warm and creamy luster, which has been wrapped firmly with crimson silk. Atop the haft rests a sturdy spiked star, weathered from use, but still quite serviceable. Resting just beneath where the star connects to the haft is a small silver fist, stamped directly onto the haft.

12: rune-inscribed crimson vultite spikestar: a crimson vultite spikestar engraved with gilded runes.

The vultite of this sturdy spikestar has been dyed a vibrant crimson, save for the black spikes of the star, which protrude from the crimson core like deadly thorns. A series of golden runes spiral down the tips of the spikes all the way to the base of the haft of the weapon, which has been crafted of sturdy wood.

13: a gilded vultite mace with an ironwood haft: a gilded vultite mace inlaid with crimson runes.

The vultite of this sturdy mace has been gilded with brillant gold, save for the black spikes of the star, which protrude from the golden core like dark sunrays. A series of crimson runes spiral down the tips of the spikes all the way to the base of the haft of the weapon, which has been crafted of sturdy wood.
    (12 and 13 are fairly simple, and meant to mirror each other)

14: a white alloy war hammer: An ivory-hafted white alloy war hammer.

The haft of this war hammer is crafted of elegant ivory which has been polished to a smooth luster. The bottom of the haft ends with a simple steel cap and is wrapped with a knot of flowing white silk which serves as the weapon's only adornment. The simple head of the hammer is forged of white alloy and curves into a sharp point on one side.

15: an oak-hafted rolaren spikestar tipped with connical spikes: A rolaren spikestar with a scrimshawed ivory haft.

The rolaren star is masterfully crafted and adorned with vicious spikes suitable for puncturing the toughest armor. The star of the weapon is joined to a long chain of the same material and is affixed to a long ivory haft, which contrasts the dark rolaren. The haft is scrimshawed from top to bottom with various creatures.

(Replace “various creatures” with your favorite critters from the script, or whichever critter you use!)

16: a golden mace with a leather-wrapped haft: A golden mace with a glaes entwined haft.

A tapered copper finial encloses the lower end of the haft and is the base from which a spiral of stylized flames erupts. Shaped from smoky glaes, the individual tongues of flame follow the seam of the dark wood beneath and are artfully arranged to give the impression of billowing forth from its core. Threads of crimson and gold gleam at the heart of the largest glaes flame, upon which rests the golden head of the mace.

(this is a changed recreation of one of my own weapons, the rest in this list are originals)

17 a twisted xazkruvrixis spikestar: a warped black xazkruvrixis spikestar inlaid with green tentacles.

This twisted weapon is forged out of jet black xazkruvrixis and appears to have been constructed by an insane blacksmith. The dark spikes of the xazkruvrixis star are warped and jagged, and stained the rusty color of dried blood. The head of the weapon is connected to the haft by a spiked steel chain, and the haft is crafted from a dark wood. Inlaid all about the haft are writhing green tentacles, rising up towards the head of the weapon.
    Last edited by time4fun; 01-11-2021 at 09:13 PM.

Also another submission for EVERY weapon from Zennsunni!

1.) base item: golvern holy water sprinkler (permablessed/bubble flares)

an iridescent hued golvern morning star

SHOW:
    The surface of this weapon is whorled with iridescent arcs of color that shimmer in the light like oil on water. White leather is moulded to a simple grip of haon wrapped around a haft of golvern that would be otherwise plain if not for its prismatic markings. Rising toward the ball of the weapon, these swirls condense until rushing out in concentric circles that trace around the vicious spikes and wrap the head of the weapon in a mesmerizing pattern. On the haft is a small inscription.

There is something written on the morning star.
    In the Common Language it reads:
    Annointment

2.) An adamantine morning star: Adamantine (duh) but also greater void flares if that helps at all

an onyx-inlaid adamantine morning star

SHOW:
    This austere weapon is patterned from haft-to-head with austere black onyx and silvery adamantite. The heavy grip is wrapped with black leather, below which sits a cap of shining adamantite studded with a blank face of onyx. Above the grip, the long hexagonal haft alternates between polished metal and cunningly inlaid onyx, giving way to a huge polygonal head wherein each face alternates between polished silver or black onyx inset with a vicious spike of the opposite color. On the haft is an inscription.

The Side of Fate

3) glaes-hafted shimmering ora warmace: Air flares & health vial flares

an elegant latticework warmace

SHOW:
    This strikingly elegant mace is composed of flowing lines and interwoven lattices of light gray ora. A basket of interlaced wires surround the grip in an artful shield, a woven motif that carries on to the haft. Formed out of four separate strips, the haft rises in a helix before flowing outward and widening into a quadrapartite head of four heavier curls that meet in a final updward spike. On the haft is an inscription.

The Four Winds

4) a gleaming white ora spikestar: Iasha (Vishra follows Ivas, if that helps)

a two-faced white ora spikestar

SHOW:
    This peculiar spikestar is divided with two motifs that flow together down the weapon's haft. One side of the head is pure white ora impressed with the shape of a woman's face studded with delicate spikes. Opposite lies a sickly pink ora face with a grinning maw. These two colors of ora merge in the haft and spiral down in a pink ora tentacle and a smooth white woman's arm, bound at the wrist by the weapon's black leather grip before grasping together in firm unison. The hand bears a tattoo'd note.

Lady

5) a steel-linked ora morning star: Coraesine relic. Dispel. Enhancive (largely that makes you stronger)

a stylized ora-linked morning star

SHOW:
    This elegant weapon is stylized yet practical. A hand-and-a-half monir handle forms the weapons grip, from which springs a master link of ora in the shape of a slightly-closed fist. The long length of chain is formed from similar links, each cunningly worked into the shape of hands linked together through closed thumb and finger. The head of the weapon itself is formed from two hands twined together in a hammerfist with spikes springing from each knuckle. On the haft is an inscription.

The Wild Swing

6.) a low steel morning star: Low Steel (duh), Blink

a smooth eye-shaped low steel spikestar

SHOW:
    This menacing spikestar is formed from a single piece of smooth low steel without a trace of ornamentation save a darting, bloodshot eye set in the pommel. The weapon's thick haft is perfectly round, and rises to form a seamless joint with the weapon's massive head. Strangely, the weapon's head bears no spikes, and is instead a huge implacable mass of metal with contorted protrusions formed seemingly at random, as though some force tried to break free from within.

No name, cause it's faceless.

7) a tarnished vultite morning star: Sprite weapon

an thistle-shaped vultite morning star

SHOW:
    This entire weapon is stylized in the manner of a metal star-thistle. A wound copper-wire grip surrounds patina-hued vines of vultite that wrap around each other forming a sturdy haft. The weapon's head unfurls from the haft into stubby metal leaves that cradle a round thistle-like ball studded with long, slender tines inset with tiny barbs. On the haft is an inscription.

Burr

8.) an ora-chained silvery vultite spikestar with a suede-wrapped haft: Solar Weapon- which means it's dedicated to Phoen and is "daytime" aligned

a brightly-etched vultite spikestar

SHOW:
    This mighty weapon seems to burn with an inner light. The simple monir handle is polished to a deep gold, and wraps around a plain haft that directs all attention to the weapon's ornate head. A huge sphere of solid vultite, the entire surface is etched in varying shades of yellow and orange that swirl and blend together like the surface of the sun. Blending into these are black-etched spikes of twisted, asymmetrical shapes that seem to blot out the bright surface. On the haft is an inscription.

Sunspot

9) an ora-chained silvery vultite spikestar with a suede-wrapped haft: Nebular Weapon- which means it's dedicated to Ronan and is "night time" aligned

a star-etched black vultite spikestar

SHOW:
    This impressive weapon sparkles with the cold light of the night sky. A polished handle of fel nearly vanishes into the deep black vultite of the weapon's haft as it rises upward to support a massive, void-like vultite head. Vicious spikes adorn the weapon, but are nearly invisible against their colorless backdrop save for minute tips of bright silver that sparkle like stars. On the haft is an inscription.

Firmament

10) a high steel morning star: High Steel (duh). Greater lightning.

a high steel holy water sprinkler

This possesses a stately and otherworldly quality, no doubt stemming from the mysterious metal of its construction. A long, tapering haft of polished fel widens slightly around the grip, which bears a carved wooden fist clenching a bright yellow ribbon. Attached to this simple haft is the ball of high steel itself, fashioned into four flanges, each of which is fashioned in the likeness of a snarling drake whose short, menacing horns form the 8 spikes that adorn the weapon. On the haft is an inscription.

There is something written on the holy water sprinkler.
    Koar's Justice

11) an ivory-hafted morning star: A Kai weapon. Which means it's dedicated to Kai (obv)

a heavy chain-linked steel morning star

This morning star is fashioned into a martial sacrament to Kai himself. The weapon's heavy haft is fashioned from polished monir carved in the shape of a heavily muscled arm whose bicep is wrapped in a scarlet leather grip. The arm terminates in a thick hand holding a long length of chain firmly in its grip. Attached to the chain is the symbol of Kai himself in the form of a massive steel hand clenched into a menacing fist and adorned on each knuckle with a wicked spike. On the haft is an inscription.

Hammerfist

12) rune-inscribed crimson vultite spikestar: Twin weapon. Flares plasma if that helps? (Should match 13)

a hawk-shaped silvery vultite spikestar

The head of this meancing weapon is cleverly forged into the lifelike form of a bird of prey. A long elegant haft of polished monir is capped with a raptor's claw clenched about an orb of polished gold. Rising above a grip of gold wire, the haft is attached to a masterfully forged head of vultite in the shape of a keening hawk, whose beak and crest of feathers form the razor sharp spikes of the weapon's prosecution. On the haft is an inscription.

There is something written on the spikestar.
    The Hawk's Cry

13) a gilded vultite mace with an ironwood haft: Twin weapon. Flares plasma if that helps? (Should match 12)

a falcon-shaped gold vultite mace

The top of this foreboding weapon is cunningly forged into the lifelike form of a bird of prey. A short haft of plain steel is capped beneath with a bird's claw holding fast to a sphere of polished silver. Hovering over the trip of silver wire, the haft supports an artfully crafted head of vultite in the shape of a stern falcon, its beak and noble crest sharpened to fashion vicious protrusions. On the haft is an inscription.

There is something written on the mace.
    The Falcon's Keen

14.) a white alloy war hammer Just white alloy. Nothing special But it's naturally good for hunting non-corporeal undead

A damascened alloy war hammer

This hammer is a remarkable display of metalworking usually reserved for blades. A thick silvery steel-alloy haft is polished to a mirror finish and wrapped tightly with a moulded deerskin grip, beneath which sits a simple cap of three interlocking rings woven with a snow-white ribbon. On the haft, the damascene pattern begins in concentric circles that grow further apart as they approach the weapon's head, where they burst into widening damascened whorls. On the haft is an inscription.

There is something written on the hammer.
    The Unfurling Dawn

15) an oak-hafted rolaren spikestar tipped with connical spikes: Animalistic spirit weapon. I hate those damn connical spikes. Gag.

a fetish-adorned rolaren spikestar

This peculiar spikestar seems to have been fashioned by some tribal weaponsmith. A simple yet practical haft of monir is rough-hewn but true, with a simple grip of tightly wrapped sinew. Elaborate charms of crow feathers and twig loops woven with intricate designs hang from the weapon's haft below the grip and beneath the head. The head itself is fashioned from four roughly formed faces staring outward in disapproval, each one set with a rough spike in its forehead. On the haft is an inscription.

There is something written on the spikestar.
    Gravewatcher

16) a golden mace with a leather-wrapped haft: Energy weapon. Plasma if that helps?

an elaborately visaged gold mace

This strangely fashioned mace is composed of a mysterious golden metal with a glittering sheen that shifts in the light. The haft is slightly irregular in shape on account of the impression of arms that stand out slightly from the otherwise round shaft. As these arms form very slight, narrow shoulders, the head of the mace emerges in the clearly defined shape of a human head craned upward, its contorted face wide in a wordless scream. On the haft is an inscription.

There is something written on the mace.
    Accusitor

17) a twisted xazkruvrixis spikestar: Just death flares. Nothing else.

a tripartite xazkruvrixis morning star

This foreboding weapon is formed from wax-blackened xazkruvrixis, the ore of death. The macabre grip is formed from bleached bone, its surface porous as as rasp. Capped beneath by a simple cross, a thick triangular shaft rises to a heavy ring anchored to three black chains, each terminating in a placid metal visage. These eery faces stare blankly: one that of a child, one a woman, and one an aged man, all three bearing expressions devoid of any trace of life. On the haft is an inscription.

The Ferryman
    Last edited by time4fun; 01-11-2021 at 09:28 PM.

It blows me away how talented some of you crazy people are!

Keep them coming! You don't have to submit for every weapon, nor do you have to submit for a particular weapon (you can just add in a weapon alter you happen to like).

I'll cut off submissions at some point this weekend!