Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A I the only real new player in Gemstone?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Sometimes the population of the game reached 2000+ people, although that was during peak times and died down during non peak hours. I used to see less than 100 people on a couple of years ago, but that was in the wee hours of the morning. I don't think I usually see fewer than 100 on now. The lowest population prime time wise was probably in the 300s. I don't think they game was necessarily more toxic back then.
    Well, I do seem to see that we are on our way reaching half what the game used to be. I belive in this community to grow I just hope everyone goes out of their way to bring old players back as well as bring in new ones, like me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    Well, I do seem to see that we are on our way reaching half what the game used to be. I belive in this community to grow I just hope everyone goes out of their way to bring old players back as well as bring in new ones, like me.
    The game used to have more people and a lot less area. So it was more in one place. Town Square used to be packed. Areas that no one even rests in anymore used to have a little community. Now the folks still around are spread all over.

3. Default

took me just about 2 years. I did get a good amount of RPA's back when Kenstrom was giving them out like candy

Well I am sorry for the crude words my keyboard sucks and I am typing all this in my cellphone. That being said, is it really true it takes 3-5 years to level to 100? Even as a subscriber? Does that time also take into consideration the Gift of Lumnis that happens every week? Man, I gotta subscribe. We really need to work on advertising and promoting the game too.
    Fastest 0 to cap I know of was the original Ryjex, who did it in around 5-6 months. But he played all day from work and then some more when he got home, and it was also during the time when Kenstrom was handing out RPAs like candy. It's definitely possible to cap in a year if you push hard for it and are ok with GS being your life. That said, there's no end game in GS like there is in most other MMO type games. You'll pretty much be killing the same capped creatures forever and leveling up your other skills once your main skills are maxed.

Well thanks for the information! I really thought it would take such a long time as stated by Whirling. I suppose the greatest hinderance to leveling up is me because I want to Roleplay. Also I often skip Adventurer's guild tasks that involve Gems and Skinning animals because I am not too good at them.
    It usually only takes a couple minutes to fry, and a lot more minutes to absorb that exp, which is your best time to RP. Then when your head is near empty, run out and kill things for a few minutes and fill back up, then repeat this process 5823470298472047209 times. If you want to be a good skinner, train first aid and/or survival. Don't sacrifice any essential skills for it though.

One thing I also noticed is why is GS more active at night than day? Are MUDs something people usually play at night?
    Depends. A lot of people can play from work, a lot can only play after work.

Okay now I understand. Well, I`m still interested about the future of the game. I wish more thoughts are put to promoting this hidden gem. Perhaps if Simu tried to contact the D&D players and some decent Youtube channels without a cancerous fanbase maybe we can bring this community back to the size it used to be. It would be tough advertising a text-based game but nostalgia is big business now. maybe with all the reboots and nostalgia pandering, Gemstone has a chance to bring back old players and some new ones like me.
    It literally boils down to Simu is too cheap and lazy to advertise.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-09-2017 at 08:24 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I just gotta get this out my chest but I feel legitimately at awe to be with this community. It lasted for 30 years. I don't think there are any games out there that will compare to the age of this game and still boast half s thousand players at peak. I find it impressive. Still, the population has really decreased over time as people got bored reading and typing and people cared less about social roleplay and more on statistical jerk fest in who is better than the other. I don't mind the lack of endgame content though as I just want someone to roleplay with. Such a thing will only happen if the population ever increases in size. I don't know if five years from now the community may have shrunk or expanded or if all the most prominent characters stay but one thing is certain: This is one incredible community spanning entire decades in age. Gemstone is a niche to hide from this world. A refuge, a enclave to hide in when time catches up. If Simu won't advertise the game then let us do it ourselves. Stream it, post videos and blogs just go crazy. Let this hidden gem shine bright like a diamond.

I am sorry for the rant. I do feel overwhelmed on what world I just stepped in. This game pretty unique as that the community is what defines it. Some people say that 15 a month is too expensive for a text based game and although I do think Simu must rethink how it charges people or how much benefits a subscriber gets, I'd honestly give that money to Gemstone than spend it on some loot crate and key wherein no matter how much I spend, I'll still have a chance to get something crappy which will force me to spend more.
    Last edited by Hlendril; 11-09-2017 at 09:51 AM.

Blog Entries

I'd honestly give that money to Gemstone than spend it on some loot crate and key wherein no matter how much I spend, I'll still have a chance to get something crappy which will force me to spend more.
    Wait till your first event, they have loot crates for $$.

To you other point, why can't you have both? Bigger stats and RP. These two aren't mutually exclusive. I like having my character gain power and I enough playing out my character's actions. Just like real people like new and shiny things, so can your character.

Well thats a shame. Still, I'd rather stay here. I just want to forget about modern games for a while. Anyway, this thread is already 4 pages, who knew ya guys can be active here. So, even with my low-low level is it still possible to participate in the current storyline of sort or not?

You hear the faint thoughts of Svardin echo in your mind:
    [Global]: "Da Drakes Vanguard will lead da Rampart Rampage from our Headquarters in Wehnimer's Landin in about forty-five minutes. Joins da huntin fun! We're through da gate just north of da trail ta da Voln monastery!"

This is a very active group for all levels and just one example, check the calendar for more.

"You're well beyond training for a reason."...Gelston

Quote Originally Posted by Askip View Post
    You hear the faint thoughts of Svardin echo in your mind:
    [Global]: "Da Drakes Vanguard will lead da Rampart Rampage from our Headquarters in Wehnimer's Landin in about forty-five minutes. Joins da huntin fun! We're through da gate just north of da trail ta da Voln monastery!"

This is a very active group for all levels and just one example, check the calendar for more.

I can't recommend this enough. Svardin does an amazing job, along with others who belong to the Drakes Vanguard

I still have some questions. Suppose I try to be a subscriber but I canceled the subscription or did not pay the subscription fee anymore, will I lose my character forever? Also, what is your opinion on spell using warriors. What level do you advise I start learning my warrior spell circles?