Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: My goodbye forever rant

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    I dunno, this is kind of a nuanced situation, I wouldn't trust simu's notes on the manner if you got pulled for your third warning and they just decide to ban you.
    Eh, the first thing you see is the age of the violation. If you have like, a history of GMA over 20 years with the warnings all spread apart, they probably would do more, but one here, and another warning for something else like 2 years later, and then something another 6 years... They aren't going to really do anything. Bans have to be done by a SGM too, so it isn't like some rando GM can just zomg you go away now!
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    I dunno, this is kind of a nuanced situation, I wouldn't trust simu's notes on the manner if you got pulled for your third warning and they just decide to ban you.
    I think we are long past the three strikes you're out era.
    Last edited by Taernath; 09-04-2019 at 07:19 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    No one is forcing you to stay here. Feel free to remove the site from your favorites.

It's only toxic because you don't agree with him.

Cry less.
    If we get new players i’d Imagine once they research Gemstone this forum would come up and more than likely people have said fuck this shit and didn’t even bother with GS. I can give two shits if I agree or disagree with him and I can handle myself. I’m just stating this is not a good site to promote our community in any positive light. Most of the people on here aren’t even active players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I do think there were probably some people who were aware this was a bug and was taking advantage of it before it was fixed. Briarfox's quote of someone shows at least one person thought it was a bug.

I have no reason to doubt drauz when he says he only enchanted two things, and enchanting two things doesn't really prove to me that he was taking advantage of it as much as possible before the GMs fixed it.

There are probably some people who were taking advantage of this bug but I doubt they are going to admit to it.
    It depends. If he was told by someone else that Simu made a mistake and then did it then he is complicit. That’s probably what occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I do think there were probably some people who were aware this was a bug and was taking advantage of it before it was fixed. Briarfox's quote of someone shows at least one person thought it was a bug.

I have no reason to doubt drauz when he says he only enchanted two things, and enchanting two things doesn't really prove to me that he was taking advantage of it as much as possible before the GMs fixed it.

There are probably some people who were taking advantage of this bug but I doubt they are going to admit to it.
    It depends. If he was told by someone else that Simu made a mistake and then did it then he is complicit. That’s probably what occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    If we get new players i’d Imagine once they research Gemstone this forum would come up and more than likely people have said fuck this shit and didn’t even bother with GS. I can give two shits if I agree or disagree with him and I can handle myself. I’m just stating this is not a good site to promote our community in any positive light. Most of the people on here aren’t even active players.
    Wrong. New players will come over and realize the community has a bunch of cheaters. You and your org is the cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Coraesine is a lot more than a simple elemental flare, and again, it was marked as a -999.
    You keep clinging to this as if it means something. It's been pointed out repeatedly that -999 means fuckall by itself, especially with a system that is in the process of changing.

"it didn't need to change" - no one from simu updated the wiki for the things that a million percent did change either. So how are you supposed to know what did and didn't? If a PLAYER with no real knowledge into the system cuts and pastes the table to the new 925 entry that doesn't mean nothing changed with material difficulties. It means someone assumed they didn't and cut and pasted it. Because again, simu doesn't update their own fucking documentation.

and for the third time, wtf does -999 even mean for the average person checking the wiki? it means literally nothing. It's an arbitrary number. It might mean impossible, it might mean that's just as hard as material difficulties will get, it might mean some gm that made coraesine 30 years ago mashed his fucking face on the keyboard. I doubt anyone, even very probably people who intentionally "exploited" this (which again, is using a spell exactly as its intended and the spell working. HAX) know what their enchanting skill GETS to off hand. -999 probably means impossible if your skill caps out at 500, but if your skill caps out at 1200 that just means it's pretty hard.

"can i enchant this? oh it works. oh man the wiki says -999, well i'm capped with basically every magical skill maxed so i guess that means i can enchant -999 shit. cool."

at release Naos:
    Didn't update any documentation.
    Refused to answer practically any meaningful questions about the system and difficulty changes.
    ignored or deflected players who did bring concerns about item difficulties for days post release until the hilariously out of whack ones were brought up, and then it was Estild who had to confirm those
    was a shithead whenever people tried to ask about when the potion vendor would be done (that continues to this day)

GEE I DON"T KNOW WHY players wouldn't rush off to talk to them about this stuff.

Use the god damn test realm for testing. Offer REAL rewards for reporting serious defects, not 100 exp maybe if they feel like it. Simu QC has been ATROCIOUS since the simucoin grind started. I reported half a dozen obvious typos on items during rumor woods, not weird syntax / phrasing like just straight up typos. Outsource that shit, put a carrot on the stick. Instead of ROYALLY fucking up and then trying to make yourself feel like less of a piece of a shit by being punitive to the players that found the GLARING omission you made.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Wrong. New players will come over and realize the community has a bunch of cheaters. You and your org is the cancer.
    You really need to bring this up with state appointed psychiatrist I assume you're required to meet with. They need to know you're 1 bad day from getting up on a clocktower because someone someone made your mud lag for half an hour and you died that one time or whatever the fuck started this obsession for you.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    You keep clinging to this as if it means something. It's been pointed out repeatedly that -999 means fuckall by itself, especially with a system that is in the process of changing.

"it didn't need to change" - no one from simu updated the wiki for the things that a million percent did change either. So how are you supposed to know what did and didn't? If a PLAYER with no real knowledge into the system cuts and pastes the table to the new 925 entry that doesn't mean nothing changed with material difficulties. It means someone assumed they didn't and cut and pasted it. Because again, simu doesn't update their own fucking documentation.

and for the third time, wtf does -999 even mean for the average person checking the wiki? it means literally nothing. It's an arbitrary number. It might mean impossible, it might mean that's just as hard as material difficulties will get, it might mean some gm that made coraesine 30 years ago mashed his fucking face on the keyboard. I doubt anyone, even very probably people who intentionally "exploited" this (which again, is using a spell exactly as its intended and the spell working. HAX) know what their enchanting skill GETS to off hand. -999 probably means impossible if your skill caps out at 500, but if your skill caps out at 1200 that just means it's pretty hard.

"can i enchant this? oh it works. oh man the wiki says -999, well i'm capped with basically every magical skill maxed so i guess that means i can enchant -999 shit. cool."

at release Naos:
    Didn't update any documentation.
    Refused to answer practically any meaningful questions about the system and difficulty changes.
    ignored or deflected players who did bring concerns about item difficulties for days post release until the hilariously out of whack ones were brought up, and then it was Estild who had to confirm those
    was a shithead whenever people tried to ask about when the potion vendor would be done (that continues to this day)

GEE I DON"T KNOW WHY players wouldn't rush off to talk to them about this stuff.

Use the god damn test realm for testing. Offer REAL rewards for reporting serious defects, not 100 exp maybe if they feel like it. Simu QC has been ATROCIOUS since the simucoin grind started. I reported half a dozen obvious typos on items during rumor woods, not weird syntax / phrasing like just straight up typos. Outsource that shit, put a carrot on the stick. Instead of ROYALLY fucking up and then trying to make yourself feel like less of a piece of a shit by being punitive to the players that found the GLARING omission you made.
    They have straight up said anything marked -999 is never meant to be enchanted. This was fairly recently too. It was also recently just proven again by the recent actions. Stop acting like it isn't a thing. It is.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    You really need to bring this up with state appointed psychiatrist I assume you're required to meet with. They need to know you're 1 bad day from getting up on a clocktower because someone someone made your mud lag for half an hour and you died that one time or whatever the fuck started this obsession for you.