Thread: Armor ?

Default Armor ?

If you are wearing augmented chain or half plate would you be better off having damage padding compared to crit? Or I see you can,have flares added to armor now?
    Also if you are using stronger armor is there an armor skill that makes more sense to train in? I am a twc user if that helps with what I should be looking for.

Race may be a factor in that some races have more blood, but generally I care about crits. That's what gets you stunned and causes instant kills. Usually if you're just losing HP you can run away and get healed or eat herbs.

Is the heavier armor less prone to crit?

Everyone likes armor support so that skill will always be popular. You will see less crits in heavier armor but crit padding is nice to add too

Eh, warriors have redux anyhow, who needs damage padding.

And +1 for armor support.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonic View Post
    If you are wearing augmented chain or half plate would you be better off having damage padding compared to crit? Or I see you can,have flares added to armor now?
    Also if you are using stronger armor is there an armor skill that makes more sense to train in? I am a twc user if that helps with what I should be looking for.
    At your stage of the game just buy what you can. Damage padding actually makes sense because with low DS you'll likely die from getting plinked to death more than anything for a while. And most go armor support or something like puncture/slash resistance. The percents from armor reinforcement just aren't enough to make it worth while. I wear flaring armor because I never save up enough for a nice crit padded set and the flares amuse me, but I'm at a different stage of the game than you are.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    Eh, warriors have redux anyhow, who needs damage padding.

And +1 for armor support.
    I've found damage padding to be MUCH more beneficial for my warrior up through mid-80s at this point. Most deaths come from getting stuck in RT and taking hit after hit until out of HP. Redux and damage padding stack nicely to help prevent that and keep him alive until out of RT.
    Last edited by Beniah; 04-24-2018 at 09:23 AM.