Page 2069 of 2151 FirstFirst ... 106915691969201920592067206820692070207120792119 ... LastLast
Results 20,681 to 20,690 of 21502

Thread: Thread for Things That Made You Frown Today

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    And my point is that while this particular case is getting prosecuted, most don't. Many are allowed to retire and get hired to another police force. They won't have a criminal record.
    And my point is that is becoming less and less as police are in the limelight. I've gone through the hiring process for Farmer's Branch PD, LSU Medical Services PD, New Orleans PD, and (the one I've accepted) a federal one. The only one that didn't call every single one of my prior jobs was the LSU Medical PD. They also require you to buy your own firearm. I'll give a run down on the NOPD hiring process though, since it is a major city and they generally all have the same basic similarities.

First you do an application, this is just your basic stuff.. Mostly they only turn away felons and illegals here. This gets you set up to take the civil service test. You travel down to New Orleans and take that. It lasts about 4 hours, in two parts. They grade the first part instantly and then get back to you on the second part. If you fail the first part, you don't take the second part. After you pass the second part, you get a call for the PT test. Again, you do that in New Orleans. It is easy as hell. After that, you go directly to the NOPD Headquarters and meet your Investigator.

Every potential new guy gets an investigator. They interview you, recorded, and go into everything you can remember. They also do admin stuff like making sure your second application is correctly filled out. You'll be there for about 6 hours. After all that, you take a lie detector test. The one the NOPD uses measures voice stress. Failure to pass this ends your process there. The next day you go for a board interview, where you'll have 4 or so officers from various divisions asking you about yourself and giving you situations. Where the investigator grills you like you're being interrogated for a crime, the board is a lot nicer. They might ask you something like "Do you feel that police officers need leadership qualities?" or "This happened at this scene, you are the first there, what do you do?" After that, you are done while the investigator goes through your work history, including pulling up your entire military history.

Within 2 days of my interview, all the people I had listed as acquaintances had a letter form the NOPD where they had to write a paragraph character statement on me. Every former job I had got called and they asked questions. They look you up in the FBI database, look up your credit report, all that. If you leave anything out, you aren't hired.

This was all pretty standard through all four that I've done, except the LSU one, which, as I said, didn't call anyone.

Blog Entries

Gelston, you keep using your particular hiring experience as evidence that this is no longer a concern. I don't think that's how it works.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Gelston, you keep using your particular hiring experience as evidence that this is no longer a concern. I don't think that's how it works.
    I'm using four particular hiring experiences along different states and levels of Government. I don't know what hiring experiences the article writer had, but yaknow.

I think the biggest thing to take away from what I'm trying to say, Law Enforcement isn't out there looking the other way from shit like this in hiring. If they know about it, you aren't getting hired. To process to join is generally very competitive for good departments.

Am I saying there aren't some Departments out there with corrupt motherfuckers in it? No. And a Chief can generally hire whoever the fuck he wants.
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-04-2017 at 11:07 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Here is the supervisor talking to her back in the squad car after the arrest. Start @12:00. Also, that is exactly how it works. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/11/u...m.html?mcubz=0

Just let us do the illegal thing and it'll get thrown out in court anyways!
    Who do these idiots think make the policies they're bitching about? The fucking janitor?
    Last edited by subzero; 09-05-2017 at 03:32 AM.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I don't know if this is what drauz is specifically referring to, but Cleveland was the Tamir Rice shooting.
    It's also home of the steamer.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-05-2017 at 11:52 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

TARP training.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    TARP training.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

8. Default

Few things from yesterday:

Found out a former co-worker's brother was shot and killed in Florida
    Dad and step-mom had to evacuate their home and are currently in Germaine Arena to weather out Irma
    Mother assured not to evacuate her 3rd floor apartment by the community managers but... is pretty much in the direct path of the hurricane
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlprprincess View Post
    Mother assured not to evacuate her 3rd floor apartment by the community managers but... is pretty much in the direct path of the hurricane
    Depending on where she's at, it's too late to leave anyway.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Blog Entries