Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official: Spring Spectacular: Elemental Lore: Fire and Elemental Bolts

Default Official: Spring Spectacular: Elemental Lore: Fire and Elemental Bolts

Spring Spectacular: Elemental Lore: Fire and Elemental Bolts on 04/26/2019 09:27 AM PDT

Elemental Lore: Fire (EL:F) has been updated to reinforce its offensive nature by allowing it to be substituted for any other Elemental Lore when calculating the lore bonus to Damage Factors (DF) for an elemental bolt. i.e. Elemental Lore: Earth normally increases the DF of Hurl Boulder (510), but if you have more ranks in Elemental Lore: Fire, those ranks will be used instead. Hybrid bolts that already use EL:F are not affected since they will always just use your EL:F and the other lore type. Hybrid bolts that don't use EL:F can have it replace the lore with the ranks they have the least in amount of ranks trained.

GameMaster Estild

This message was originally posted in Professions, Wizard. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/330/3381/view/750
    Last edited by mgoddess; 04-26-2019 at 02:10 PM.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Which rooms does this work in?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Which rooms does this work in?
    Only troll warcamps. :P /s
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

This is a great buff for like, 2 people.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

5. Default

Thank you for posting these. I don't really read the officials.

Okay.

GMs: Don't worry guys. We've heard your request to help improve bolting. Without further ado! EL:F can be substituted to help boost any bolt's DF as long as the EL:F is higher than the natural DF boosting lore the spell uses!

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    GMs: Don't worry guys. We've heard your request to help improve bolting. Without further ado! EL:F can be substituted to help boost any bolt's DF as long as the EL:F is higher than the natural DF boosting lore the spell uses!
    Is this not what everyone has been asking for? :O

I can't tell you how many times I've seen wizards saying "Gee whiz, I sure wish fire lore worked for my favorite bolt spell."

It's not a terrible change (but it should be additive, not just a substitute), but it will in no way change people's opinion that fire lore is trash. Estild mentioned on discord the other change that may be fire lore in the immediate future isn't anything special so, yeah...typical simu

Estild: "I specifically noted it wasn't going to be a major change and probably would not affect anyone's training paths. Getting players to train in certain lores isn't a toggle switch. We generally make incremental updates that encourage such training paths and rarely does one spell/update justify training a lore."

[citation needed]

as nearly every lore change previously that mattered was a class / list overhaul type of deal. There's no reason outside of RP to go heavy fire lore, its demonstrably worse mechanically. And if you do it for RP, you probably want to you know...cast fire spells the lore already helped so....whatevs.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Is this not what everyone has been asking for? :O

I can't tell you how many times I've seen wizards saying "Gee whiz, I sure wish fire lore worked for my favorite bolt spell."
    They fixed bolting and you're upset! We should be showing our respect to these wonderful beings.....

I'm disappointed in your lack of appreciation.

In all seriousness.....I'm not sure if this change to EL:F is even a worthwhile change for anyone. Just seems like one of those things that they thought was a great idea and were happier than spit to implement it. On the player's end, no one really seems to care. I know I don't care.