Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official: ESN: Solance (1140)!

This just in - 375 is released!

375 - Super Resurrection

Allows clerics to raise the dead.

Blog Entries

Remote raising would be interesting.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

This would have been interesting for my Shattered empath.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The obvious solution is post cap character improvement training. Stuff. If I could train in lores passed 2x at cap then this might be kind of nifty.
    Yeah, I think it's just the lore requirement that annoys me about this spells. I ain't about to give up combat skills just so I can heal people. People on the other side of the world can go fuck themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    Yeah, I think it's just the lore requirement that annoys me about this spells. I ain't about to give up combat skills just so I can heal people. People on the other side of the world can go fuck themselves.
    I'm with you but I think this is also exactly what they want. They want hunting empaths, healing empaths, and mediocre at everything empaths. I'll stick to hunting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    I'm with you but I think this is also exactly what they want. They want hunting empaths, healing empaths, and mediocre at everything empaths. I'll stick to hunting.
    I understand having to make hard choices pre-cap, but I agree with the idea that post-cap if you put in the stupid amount of hours it takes to hit 2/3/4+ x cap, you have the potential to maximize the strength of all of your abilities. It shouldn't be terribly unbalancing either, as being fully specced for one or the other already has to be balanced. You could argue this creates cookie cutter builds out of the highest level characters, but I think that's silly. Of course the very best of each profession would be good at everything. They should be.
    Last edited by Fallen; 11-29-2017 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    I understand having to make hard choices pre-cap, but I agree with the idea that post-cap if you put in the stupid amount of hours it takes to hit 2/3/4+ x cap, you have the potential to maximize the strength of all of your abilities. It shouldn't be terribly unbalancing either, as being fully specced for one or the other already has to be balanced. You could argue this creates cookie cutter builds out of the highest level characters, but I think that's silly. Of course the very best of each profession would be good at everything. They should be.
    Agree. The post-cap experience is weak as is, making it so that certain classes can be the best at everything (semis and way post cap squares) and others have to choose (pures) is weak sauce.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Agree. The post-cap experience is weak as is, making it so that certain classes can be the best at everything (semis and way post cap squares) and others have to choose (pures) is weak sauce.
    I'd say allow Pures to 3x lores at cap and Squares to 3x CM. Semis could be 2.5x Lores/CM. It isn't all I would ever want to see from post-cap development, but it'd be a hell of a start.
    Last edited by Fallen; 11-29-2017 at 07:32 AM.

One of the post cap ideas that has come up a few times is a way to earn a second/different type of EXP, lets call it prestige, that can be used to buy upgrades that are inherent to the character. Some of the examples were natural padding, additional AS and similiar. If they are in fact creating a system like that I'm sure adding natural enhancives that can break the cap shouldnt be too hard. The problem is that I dont see this development team actually doing anything fun and in demand like that. They are very clearly happy being milquetoast and not really deciding on a direction for the game in regards to a hardcore item lose/punishment verses a more casual "numbers go up is fun" direction that modern gaming has embraced.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    They are very clearly happy being milquetoast and not really deciding on a direction for the game in regards to a hardcore item lose/punishment verses a more casual "numbers go up is fun" direction that modern gaming has embraced.
    So when are you rolling your HARDCORE character, eh?