Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EXP absorbtion formula from base logic

Taken from the first response:
    When on a node or in town, you will absorb an extra (Logic Bonus/5) experience every pulse. When in a hunting area, you will absorb an extra (Logic Bonus/7) per pulse.
    so if your logic bonus is zero your logic gives you no benefit when on a node and no benefit when off a node.

and like I said, your BONUS is what matters, so whether it's 56 (0), 85 (0) or 95 (0) due to racial modifiers, your bonus is still zero so there will be no difference with regards to xp absorption.

2. Default

IM NOT ASKING FOR MY BONUS. WHAT IS MY BASE. WHAT IS THE FORMULA FOR MY BASE LOGIC ABSORBTION. I know the bonus equation. I'm not looking for that. That is why I made my bonus say 0 for this post so we wouldn't have to deal with that. the 56 85 95 has alot to do with exp absorbtion. I just can't find the formula. I'm not looking for the "extra" exp from bonuses. I want to know my base rate which is based on my base logic stat.

3. Default

Thanks for trying to help me though Hopefully someone out their knows the whole formula.

why not go out and fry then head back to a node. Watch the xp you get, will probably be in the 28-34 range per tick. Figured out your logic bonus/5 and subtract that from the exp/tick. That should give you a ballpark figure of your "base".

Since you require it in a formula...

XP = XP per tick while fried on a node

(XP-(Logic Bonus/5))= BASE (hint: should be around 25)

Now what I find amusing is that you say you have been around since '95. Im fairly certain thats longer than I have played(by a few years, I started around 98 or 99) and yet I cant think of more than 3-4 game formula's that are known to the population. Maybe its known, but its obviously not common knowledge as its nowhere to be found. So dont get your panties in a bunch when someone tries to post helping you out. I wasnt even upset was more shocked at the stupidity of someone who isnt known to these boards coming in feeling like King Shit but acting like a douche.

I've wondered the same question myself, because Muktare is right - Krakiipedia does not tell you what the base rate is (i.e. the rate with a 0 LOG bonus) and neither does the forum post link there. Joseph may have given the answer when he said 25 for everyone (independent of LOG stat), but that would have to be the node rate and it's the first I've heard that.

I have a 25 LOG bonus (+5 to base rate in town) and I just absorbed 29 EXP on a pulse in town but not on a node while clear. Accounting for the 1-2 extra from being clear, that indicates a base rate of 22-23 for me in town. On a supernode right after that I absorbed 33, which would be in line with a base rate of 25-26.
    Still the thug that you love to hate

Regardless of finding whatever information you're looking for, Muktare, you are definitely retarded.
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorUnne View Post

I have a 25 LOG bonus (+5 to base rate in town) and I just absorbed 29 EXP on a pulse in town but not on a node while clear. Accounting for the 1-2 extra from being clear, that indicates a base rate of 22-23 for me in town. On a supernode right after that I absorbed 33, which would be in line with a base rate of 25-26.
    I'm pretty sure there's a XP bonus for being in town.

8. Default

Excellent, we are starting to dig into this more. Anebriated, I wasn't trying to come in like king shit, I was just aggravted at reading through hours of pages where all anyone ever says is "Krakiipedia says it." Or, I see a post of somenoe posting info and it says, "If you would have looked you might have found it." So, when I seen someone doing the same thing when I asked my question and pointed out it was not on Those sites it pissed me off. This is because I've seen plenty of threads now where someone asks a question and they get flamed, or treated like crap (sarcastic answers) So, When I asked a question and gave all the info I knew and somone came back posting info and remarking "yes it is on Krakiipedia" I tend to get cranky.

Bob, I'm pretty sure i've read threads where you have made some rash comments too. No biggie.

As for generic formulas we actually know tons. How to calculate AS/DS/CS/TD/ spell hinderance/armor hind/stat growth, and a ton others.

Going out and getting fried and checking my exp/ pulse is easy enough, but I am trying to figure out how much I am missing out by having such a low Logic base. This is why I needed the formula. I need to find the difference between my LOGIC base EXP Absorbtion compared to if say my base was 85 or 95. I couldn't do that unless a had a few fixstat potions lol.

At least we are on the right track in this thread though!

Quote Originally Posted by Muktare View Post
    I couldn't do that unless a had a few fixstat potions
    you'd be amazed what you can do with a newb character, rats, and Tsoran's spreadsheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Muktare View Post
    At least we are on the right track in this thread though!
    My gawds scroll up. I have already given you the answer to every part of exp absorption that you have not specifically listed as having known in this thread..

BASE = 25
    Field = pool / 200
    Logic = (Bonus/7) or (Bonus/5)

What more do you want? do I need to make a spreadsheet for you to calculate your friggin exp?