Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom confirmed, GM's are listening and monitoring lnet

Quote Originally Posted by C.Difficile View Post
    I don't think they want to, but lnet is inextricably linked with the game. What happens on it may affect the public perception of their product, so it is not irrational for them to attempt to exercise control over what happens on it. They have no real ability to do so other than pulling the plug on lnet; they know they can't without killing the product, so they are in a position where they have to accept the negatives of an unregulated product in exchange for the commercial benefit it brings.

Ultimately, if something bad happens on lnet, it will in some measure be attributable to Simu because they had the ability to end it. Instead of doing so, they implicitly encouraged and directly profited from it.
    I don't think so. It's not a company's responsibility to monitor anything that happens outside of their product. Sure people could tie the two together even if they are wrong to do so, it's one of those damned if you do and damned if you don't situations.

But of the two situations to find themselves in it's better to take the stance of "We don't condone what happens on this third party site and we have no control over it" rather than "Yes we actively monitor and take reports seriously of what happens on third party sites."

The latter makes Simu seem like they are more involved in third party sites than the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Again, I think if we created a way to Anonymize our actual names in Lich, maybe replace our actual name with Random Name Generator or Anonymous1, Anonymous2 etc. this will help in protecting the privacy and free speech on Lich and give Wyrom an excuse to not worry about what goes on Lich (since now all the Lich handles don’t have to correspond to the in-game names).

Not sure how difficult this will be to implement but apparently there’s already a work-around by Kaldonis. Turning that into a “;” command might be too hard? Not sure, not a coder unfortunately.
    I wouldn't worry too much about lnet being monitored even by reports. After today, I'll make sure it's not something we'll have to address. Unfortunately, this all started because at least a few people had a problem with some of the terms being thrown out. Many players, especially new ones, don't realize Lich isn't supported by Simutronics. Most players are directed to Lich shortly after they connect with others in game.

Could I have done a better job? Sure. I'm not even arguing that fact. It's why I came on the PC to talk in the first place after someone told me a thread came out of the exchange.

We realize Lich is a boon to the game, and there isn't any need to read between the lines here. Lnet can be a bit abrasive at times. I'm not going to repeat what was said here, but either way, things won't continue with me asking anyone to stop calling people names.
    Last edited by Wyrom; 12-17-2018 at 05:04 PM.

So someone just spoofed my name on lnet, I think to prove a point and chatted as me, I couldn't even see it on zaoloo only my alts. Good job thoroughly looking into things before having me read policy though.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

[Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"

[Private]-GSIV:Warclaidh: "what is booty percs"

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I don't think so. It's not a company's responsibility to monitor anything that happens outside of their product. Sure people could tie the two together even if they are wrong to do so, it's one of those damned if you do and damned if you don't situations.

But of the two situations to find themselves in it's better to take the stance of "We don't condone what happens on this third party site and we have no control over it" rather than "Yes we actively monitor and take reports seriously of what happens on third party sites."

The latter makes Simu seem like they are more involved in third party sites than the former.
    Considerating the following:

1) You need to subscribe to play.net in order to use their products (gs4)
    2) You need to have an account to be logged to gemstone4 in order to use their products (gs4)
    3) Your login and password to access gemstone4 are kept inside ;lich
    4) you accept the TOS to play the game (by logging to your account)
    5) To use ;lich, you need to be logged in gs4.
    6) When logged, you can use the script that affect your ingame experience
    7) In order to ;chat ingame by using ;lich, you need to be logged on your gs4 account.

I could continue on and on.

Legally, I'M 99,9% positive Simu/stillfront are responsable if anything happens bad on lnet. Zaoloo opened a pandora'x box here people.

This opens up a dangerous avenue because if we're talking 0 tolerance EVERYWHERE, that means if I call someone an 'asshole' on any other platform or media, I can be punished for having literally nothing to do with Simutronics.

I'm aware of how caustic and vile some people on LNet can be but fucking man up and ignore them. Fuck letting a company decide what I can and cannot do or say. I nearly fucking died defending the right to call someone an asshole. Don't fucking take your finger and wag it at me because someones feelings got hurt.

Be some goddamn adults and IGNORE that shit.
    Last edited by Astray; 12-17-2018 at 05:08 PM.

6. Default

Here's a question nobody's asked yet - On whose authority are you policing third party software now? Simutronics? Stillfront? Who gave you the permission to act officially on behalf of the company outside of that company's official channels?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    This opens up a dangerous avenue because if we're talking 0 tolerance EVERYWHERE, that means if I call someone an 'asshole' on any other platform or media, I can be punished for having literally nothing to do with Simutronics.

I'm aware of how caustic and vile some people on LNet can be but fucking man up and ignore them. Fuck letting a company decide what I can and cannot do or say. I nearly fucking died defending the right to call someone an asshole. Don't fucking take your finger and wag it at me because someones feelings got hurt.

Be some goddamn adults and IGNORE that shit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19mnzmf4rMQ
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    Considerating the following:

1) You need to subscribe to play.net in order to use their products (gs4)
    2) You need to have an account to be logged to gemstone4 in order to use their products (gs4)
    3) Your login and password to access gemstone4 are kept inside ;lich
    4) you accept the TOS to play the game (by logging to your account)
    5) To use ;lich, you need to be logged in gs4.
    6) When logged, you can use the script that affect your ingame experience
    7) In order to ;chat ingame by using ;lich, you need to be logged on your gs4 account.

I could continue on and on.

Legally, I'M 99,9% positive Simu/stillfront are responsable if anything happens bad on lnet. Zaoloo opened a pandora'x box here people.
    While all 7 "followings" are indeed correct, you completely missed

8) LNET channels / chat ARE NOT SEEN IN GAME NOR IN GAME

9) Simutronics DOES NOT support 3rd party software

10) If they are allowed to police / ban because somebody got butthurt because they refused to ;ignore person, ;untune channel then that means your facebook, twitter, twitch, youtube, etc etc etc is subject to the wrath of Simu because you called somebody a bad name that plays Gemstone.

See the point yet, Spock?

This just in:

[LNet]-GSIV:Zaoloo: "HAI!" (22:01:19)
    [LNet]-GSIV:Zaoloo: "Hello Kitty is my favorite. And I like the color pink. I especially love Justin Timberlake" (22:01:54)

The hottest of hot takes.