Page 2068 of 2151 FirstFirst ... 106815681968201820582066206720682069207020782118 ... LastLast
Results 20,671 to 20,680 of 21502

Thread: Thread for Things That Made You Frown Today

They need to double the pay of all law enforcement personell by double across the board and require a 5 year hardcore training period which would include a bachelors in criminal justice. Qualifications for a candidate should be similar to that of a top 20% college entrant.

People with guns and the right to shoot people need to be the best of the best with an almost saint like moral code. Can you imagine a person like Gelston wearing a uniform with gun and badge... be some kind of horror movie. Eeesh!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Duskruin View Post
    They need to double the pay of all law enforcement personell by double across the board and require a 5 year hardcore training period which would include a bachelors in criminal justice. Qualifications for a candidate should be similar to that of a top 20% college entrant.

People with guns and the right to shoot people need to be the best of the best with an almost saint like moral code. Can you imagine a person like Gelston wearing a uniform with gun and badge... be some kind of horror movie. Eeesh!
    Many departments require a 4 year degree. training varies heavily by state and city. Pay varies wildly too. Dallas pays like 45k, whereas right next to it is Farmer's Branch that pays 59k for first year officers. A lot of departments allow you to collect mad overtime though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I mean, I guess my only citation is me, having gone through the hiring process for 4 different departments on the Local, State, and Federal Level.

Might there be some bumfuck village department with 3 officers that doesn't look hard? Maybe, but not likely in Louisiana or Texas, since they are overseen by the state and have state supplemental payments.

Pretty much anything in your criminal history is easy to find with a button click. This is something the FBI has been working on creating for a long time. A speeding ticket I got for 10 over when I was 16 was on there.

And again, this current case is a matter going to the courts. It isn't an internal disciplinary matter. Even if they allow him to reture, it doesn't take away the court aspect of it. He'll have a record, whether found guilty or not.
    Cleveland isn't a bumfuck 3 officer dept? Never been there but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Cleveland isn't a bumfuck 3 officer dept? Never been there but I'm pretty sure it isn't.
    I don't see where an officer in Cleveland has been found guilty of a crime.

I also don't see where he had a previous criminal record before joining the Cleveland Police Department.
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-04-2017 at 10:17 PM.

Blog Entries

I don't know if this is what drauz is specifically referring to, but Cleveland was the Tamir Rice shooting.

In the aftermath of the shooting, it was revealed that Loehmann, in his previous job as a police officer in the Cleveland suburb of Independence, had been deemed an emotionally unstable recruit and unfit for duty. Loehmann did not disclose this fact on his application to join the Cleveland police, and Cleveland police never reviewed his previous personnel file before hiring him.
    Last edited by Taernath; 09-04-2017 at 10:19 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Many departments require a 4 year degree. training varies heavily by state and city. Pay varies wildly too. Dallas pays like 45k, whereas right next to it is Farmer's Branch that pays 59k for first year officers. A lot of departments allow you to collect mad overtime though.
    LOL, college degree isn't training. They do need better training and knowledge of the law. Not all but I'm comfortable saying most.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I don't know if this is what drauz is specifically referring to, but Cleveland was the Tamir Rice shooting.
    I'm aware, and he was fired. He still hasn't been found guilty of anything, or even indicted.

However, exactly as I've said, the guy had no prior convictions or court appearances. His recruiter obviously failed to call his previous employers.

In this case with the nurse, the guy is probably going to be charged, his name is at least well known. He isn't going to be hired as an officer again.

LOL, college degree isn't training. They do need better training and knowledge of the law. Not all but I'm comfortable saying most.
    That was a response to him specifically saying college degrees.
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-04-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Blog Entries

I also don't see where he had a previous criminal record before joining the Cleveland Police Department.
    His personnel file just recommended he never hold a gun in any situation.

Blog Entries

His personnel file just recommended he never hold a gun in any situation.
    I think we're losing sight of the original argument you had here. That the officer in the nurse case would just go work somewhere else. What we're seeing here is that no, he won't. The only reason any of these examples you're showing got their job is because they hid or didn't inform on things in their past. This detective won't be able to do that. I'd hope in the three years since the incident in Cleveland, they have refined their vetting process.
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-04-2017 at 10:25 PM.

Blog Entries

I think we're losing sight of the original argument you had here. That the officer in the nurse case would just go work somewhere else. What we're seeing here is that no, he won't. The only reason any of these examples you're showing got their job is because they hid or didn't inform on things in their past. This detective won't be able to do that. I'd hope in the three years since the incident in Cleveland, they have refined their vetting process.
    And my point is that while this particular case is getting prosecuted, most don't. Many are allowed to retire and get hired to another police force. They won't have a criminal record.