Page 124 of 763 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224624 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 7625

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    OMG THE OBAMA ECONOMY IS CRASHING TODAY.
    Thanks, Obama!

I predict suddenly the economy will be all over the news today.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 05-13-2019 at 02:17 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Thanks, Obama!

I predict suddenly the economy will be all over the news today.
    I just bought about 10K worth of stocks... I'm hoping for a bounce tomorrow or over the course of the next few weeks for a quick turn.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

3. Default

I just bought about 10K worth of stocks... I'm hoping for a bounce tomorrow or over the course of the next few weeks for a quick turn.
    As an aside, if you're looking for a medium to long term investment that will pay off well, buy into Instacart through Equityzen. Minimum is 10k, but they are going to absolutely obliterate Amazon and Walmart/Jet's fresh grocery delivery services.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    As an aside, if you're looking for a medium to long term investment that will pay off well, buy into Instacart through Equityzen. Minimum is 10k, but they are going to absolutely obliterate Amazon and Walmart/Jet's fresh grocery delivery services.
    I tend to not bet against Amazon. I think they are out over their ski's on delivery stuff though, as is everyone else. Can't be much margin in that world.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

5. Default

I tend to not bet against Amazon. I think they are out over their ski's on delivery stuff though, as is everyone else. Can't be much margin in that world.
    There's not much margin in the grocery business to start, but Amazon's Fresh program was smart. They quickly realized they didn't have the refrigerated infrastructure to do it in any major markets outside of city centers. So they bought Whole Foods, who has nationwide distribution, allowing you to at least order fresh food on Amazon and pick it up at your local Whole foods wherever there is one. But Whole Foods doesn't have delivery, so it's buy and pick up if you're outside of a city.

Amazon's Fresh started competing with their own other program which delivers Amazon stuff within 2 hours inside of cities. So they scaled back on Fresh, and Whole Foods still can't deliver.

Enter Wal Mart, who exists outside of cities in most towns, and most of whose locations also have refrigerated storage (Because a lot of walmarts have supermarkets). But they also don't deliver, so they charge a premium for it. If you're near a walmart, they'll send you pantry items in 2 days or freezer items by 6 AM the next morning, at a premium because you're paying extra for delivery.

Enter Instacart, who partners with Lyft, Uber, Taxi services, and aaaalll the grocery chains that aren't Walmart or Amazon. Grocery stores have no incentive to not go with Instacart, because they sell at full price for no extra dollars. They're just letting taxi drivers into the building to buy in person, like any other customer. Every town in the country has one, usually two or more markets. Uber/Lyft/Taxi drivers make a small amount extra to basically become pizza delivery dudes and personal shoppers. Instacart users pay a monthly membership and that's it. No extra shipping. No hiked up prices. You get fresh goods from your local grocery store to your door in a couple hours.

They. Are. Crushing it. Amazon and Walmart can't compete because they charge hefty premiums for delivery and/or don't have fresh storage. But every town in America has uber and a grocery store already.

It's worth looking into. There's a reason Amazon has been cooling on groceries for the last year.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 05-13-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Not to provide stump with accuracy, but Amazon is also about to be hit hard over selling toxic children's school supplies in the US.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-48227137
    W3 4R3 4N0NYM0U5.
    W3 4R3 L3610N.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R61V3.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R637.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    There's not much margin in the grocery business to start, but Amazon's Fresh program was smart. They quickly realized they didn't have the refrigerated infrastructure to do it in any major markets outside of city centers. So they bought Whole Foods, who has nationwide distribution, allowing you to at least order fresh food on Amazon and pick it up at your local Whole foods wherever there is one. But Whole Foods doesn't have delivery, so it's buy and pick up if you're outside of a city.

Amazon's Fresh started competing with their own other program which delivers Amazon stuff within 2 hours inside of cities. So they scaled back on Fresh, and Whole Foods still can't deliver.

Enter Wal Mart, who exists outside of cities in most towns, and most of whose locations also have refrigerated storage (Because a lot of walmarts have supermarkets). But they also don't deliver, so they charge a premium for it. If you're near a walmart, they'll send you pantry items in 2 days or freezer items by 6 AM the next morning, at a premium because you're paying extra for delivery.

Enter Instacart, who partners with Lyft, Uber, Taxi services, and aaaalll the grocery chains that aren't Walmart or Amazon. Grocery stores have no incentive to not go with Instacart, because they sell at full price for no extra dollars. They're just letting taxi drivers into the building to buy in person, like any other customer. Every town in the country has one, usually two or more markets. Uber/Lyft/Taxi drivers make a small amount extra to basically become pizza delivery dudes and personal shoppers. Instacart users pay a monthly membership and that's it. No extra shipping. No hiked up prices. You get fresh goods from your local grocery store to your door in a couple hours.

They. Are. Crushing it. Amazon and Walmart can't compete because they charge hefty premiums for delivery and/or don't have fresh storage. But every town in America has uber and a grocery store already.

It's worth looking into. There's a reason Amazon has been cooling on groceries for the last year.
    Yeah, Amazon just launched a program for its workers where they can quit their job and open a amazon delivery service, providing them with up to 10k in startup cash.

Check out indeed for delivery driver too, every major city has tons of Amazon Delivery Driver jobs up through various rando companies.

Amazon has also started up a brokerless freight shipping service, where they can undercut everyone else by as much as 33% by negotiating directly with the drivers.

Amazon isn't going to be beat by anyone here.
    Last edited by Gelston; 05-13-2019 at 05:24 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Great time to invest, retard.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/13/1poi...-expected.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sellstuff1 View Post
    It is always a great time to invest. These companies aren't going to be going bankrupt. Keep buying as everyone sells, because they are going to be going back up.

Also, the S&P 500 is a fucking retarded way to gauge the market.
    Last edited by Gelston; 05-13-2019 at 05:28 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It is always a great time to invest. These companies aren't going to be going bankrupt. Keep buying as everyone sells, because they are going to be going back up.

Also, the S&P 500 is a fucking retarded way to gauge the market.
    In Canada you sell low and buy high, that's why it's Canada.

It's sort of how they pretend to be French but they are British subjects.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984