Page 71 of 240 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Denouement of U.S. Empire

From Sam Stein on Twitter: BREAKING: Republican Senator Inofe says EPA's Pruitt may need to leave his post. Inhofe represents Oklahoma, where Pruitt was state attorney general.

Two minutes later: Inhofe tells me he is NOT calling on Pruitt to resign or be fired. He has concerns but his position has not changed, despite reporting to the contrary.

The courage of these republicans is awe inspiring. They're really draining the swamp.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    The courage of these republicans is awe inspiring. They're really draining the swamp.
    Get out of here with that dumb shit. This is a Pk meltdown thread now.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Exactly this.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Believe me I know. I have so MUCH bullshit about trump I want to spread but this thread just got a lot more interesting.

Believe me I know. I have so MUCH bullshit about trump I want to spread but this thread just got a lot more interesting.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I see it as a PK meltdown Soywolf cry thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    lol

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

"I’m glad to work for the president [and] every day I'll pray for clarity and discernment on what my future looks like," she said.
    That was regarding reports she's working on quitting her job.

Sarah Sanders also said,
    "it is very biblical to enforce the law."
    That one was regarding separating kids from their parents at the border and warehousing them while their parents go to jail.

It's chilling to see her evoke a higher power regarding her work in government where she is the mouthpiece for this immoral administration. Once God gets involved one can excuse any behavior. I mean, it's not like Jim Acosta can go out there and get a response from God's press secretary or anything.
    Last edited by cwolff; 06-14-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Many Republicans, especially ones in elected office, are afraid of democracy. It is a bold statement to be sure. But how else is one to read the concerted effort by state, local, and national officials - abetted by some conservative judges and now the Supreme Court – to suppress the right to vote?

Of all the injustices of this era, and there are almost too many to count, this one infuriates me more than most. Because this is about undercutting the very lever by which Americans can voice their objections and change the course of the nation. This is what democracy is supposed to be about.

Luckily our laws do not allow for the level of disenfranchisement we saw during Jim Crow, to say nothing of previous eras. And what this means is that there is still a chance for Americans to rise up and focus like a laser on upcoming elections. Put politicians in place who will extend the vote and not undercut it. And let the full flourishing of democracy to flower.

America at her best has always been a boisterous and rambunctious nation where the vote could be a tool for progress. The ballot box is a place where change can really happen and where we can join our fellow citizens in reinforcing the bonds of our republic.
    Dan Rather posted this. I do admire his optimism and hope for the best in the face of so much anti-American work from the right.