Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new UAC Warrior

1. Default new UAC Warrior

Hello, I am new to the warrior class I have played off and on since 95 been away for about 12 years in the middle just started back with the 90 day promo. I am used to playing Rogues but wanted to try something new. I am training 2x in cman MOC brawling, dodge and armor. 1x in TWC. I am not sure What Cmans I should be going for and what type of armor would be the best I have heard Aug Chain would be better. basically just looking for any advice on Warriors in general and what type of Cmans will work with UAC Maybe shield work later Since I saw Kotin waste a room with a shield charge. Thanks for any help.

i'll let others chime in for warrior cmans but just as random other tidbit, if you're doing TWC, any more than .5x is kind of a waste.

if you have 1 (not 1x, just 1) rank of TWC and 2 open hands you get a static +5 to your DS
    if you're >= .5x trained, you get another static +10 so +15 DS total

there is a per rank increase, but it's quite small (basically 1 ds per 3 ranks in defensive, and much much less than that in offensive)
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Do you not get two attacks per round in UAC if you are trained in TWC like in every other attack form?

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Do you not get two attacks per round in UAC if you are trained in TWC like in every other attack form?
    Not if you're using the UCS (unarmed combat system - jab/punch/grapple/kick). If you're using two brawling weapons and attacking you will get two AS based attacks. There is no way to strike twice with a single UCS command (though sometimes the description will indicate you're using multiple limbs in the attack). You'll only get a single damage output unlike with TWC AS vs DS attacks where it will swing both weapons.

A popular options for Warriors (potentially later in life, as it would be hard to do early on) is to combine OHE with brawling to unlock the use of Katars. Katars tend to be very effective against plate wearing opponents, potentially more effective than UCS. This also gives you a good weapon to wield for berserking that exceeds the damage of other brawling weapons.

Also, as a warrior, you may consider doing Shield Use + Shielded Brawler and a smaller shield size. This will hinder your UCS attacks, but if you max out shielded brawler the difference is fairly small. A warrior with a small or medium shield + shielded brawler, MoC, and a few ranks in Ambush (20-30) can do wonderful things. Add in OHE w/ a Katar later in life (probably 80+), and you'll be well-rounded for just about every situation.
    Last edited by Maerit; 09-26-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Not if you're using the UCS (unarmed combat system - jab/punch/grapple/kick). If you're using two brawling weapons and attacking you will get two AS based attacks. There is no way to strike with both hands in UCS.
    Well that is a drag, but still 1 rank in TWC adds 5 DS so I guess I need to get one rank for my wizard.

6. Default

Sorry Put that down wrong, I was doing the 1x TWC but someone mentioned the .5 so I switched. I am using fist wraps and boots (uac) but I have a few fist weapons for undead. My wraps don't bless well. I am going through Voln as well. Might try for some Voln Armor in EG. When it comes to skinning and foraging for bounties survival ranks help for that right?

7. Default

For a warrior I'd always recommend picking up a martial stance. Off the top of my head asp or mongoose are probably the most helpful for UAC. Be careful with mongoose tho, you can get rt locked using it. I'd also recommend getting (at least) one of the UAC masteries, e.g, punch mastery. Also, twin hammer fist is a great single target knockdown. In addition to knocking a critter down it has a chance to stun. If you have two weapons, both weapons have a chance to flare. If unarmed, your armor has a chance to flare. However, it only works on critters that you can ambush the head with based on height so if your character is a vertically challenged race it's not worth getting.

Quote Originally Posted by daeler33 View Post
    Hello, I am new to the warrior class I have played off and on since 95 been away for about 12 years in the middle just started back with the 90 day promo. I am used to playing Rogues but wanted to try something new. I am training 2x in cman MOC brawling, dodge and armor. 1x in TWC. I am not sure What Cmans I should be going for and what type of armor would be the best I have heard Aug Chain would be better. basically just looking for any advice on Warriors in general and what type of Cmans will work with UAC Maybe shield work later Since I saw Kotin waste a room with a shield charge. Thanks for any help.
    Berserk does not work with UAC. Should reroll or change your skills.

9. Default

Berserk works with fist weapons tho right? especially if I train up OHE to use Katars like Maerit mentioned. Where do you train in stances? are they CMANs or warrior guild training?

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Berserk does not work with UAC. Should reroll or change your skills.
    Agreed. Warriors are great, but they have too many disadvantages compared with monks and rogues when it comes to UAC. Can't berserk, can't bond (unless it's to a cestus or something), can't use krynch or flurry, you have MM penalties from heavier armor, you don't get the ability to parry like you do with 1214.

Katars are cool, but they're not that much better than any other one-handed weapon to justify the cost of training two weapon types.

Consider rolling up a monk if you really want to do UAC. I sold off my 9.5m exp warrior last year and rolled up a monk (he's level 99 now) and haven't regretted it a bit (though I do miss being able to berserk). I mean, you can do UAC with a warrior, sure, it's just a weaker training path than you'd get with melee weapons.

And to answer your last question, martial stances are CMANs. Look up "martial stance" on the wiki if you want a list of them.