Page 173 of 291 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2909

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

1. Default

The way this boils down for me is: one of them welcomed an FBI investigation, and one of them looked abjectly terrified whenever the idea came up.

Having said that- it looks like the GOP is looking to push things through. Committee vote tomorrow and floor vote Saturday.

They're absolutely uninterested in investigating any of this- they want this done before more information goes out into the sphere.

It's really shameful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    The way this boils down for me is: one of them welcomed an FBI investigation, and one of them looked abjectly terrified whenever the idea came up.

Having said that- it looks like the GOP is looking to push things through. Committee vote tomorrow and floor vote Saturday.

They're absolutely uninterested in investigating any of this- they want this done before more information goes out into the sphere.

It's really shameful.
    You stand with a party that threw a possible rape victim under the bus for political gain. She put her trust in Democrats and they sold her out for power. You don't care about this woman, you care about poisoning the water.

#truth

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

How about that, the accuser wants an investigation and the accused isn't too thrilled with the idea. Also Kavanaugh said he is willing to do whatever the senate wants so, you know, shut up.

It's really shameful.
    I was wondering when the whining would start, looks like it started early. Unless Kavanaugh withdraws sometime within the next 48 hours looks like Androidpk was wrong AGAIN.

If the trio have flooded us in tears over the past 48 hours I can't imagine what we're in store for if Kavanaugh is confirmed.

It's really shameful.
    What it boils down to is that you don't understand anything.

5. Default

A Trump supporter and mother of 2 daughters saying guys sexually assaulting women is no big deal...

https://twitter.com/calebecarma/stat...29337316159489

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    A Trump supporter and mother of 2 daughters saying guys sexually assaulting women is no big deal...

https://twitter.com/calebecarma/stat...29337316159489
    Coming from the creep that tried to publicly humiliate a woman after he listened to her masturbate.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Coming from the creep that tried to publicly humiliate a woman after he listened to her masturbate.

8. Default

Corker has announced he's voting for Kavanaugh. No one is surprised.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Corker has announced he's voting for Kavanaugh. No one is surprised.
    Yeah no surprise there.

Jeff Flake is playing conflicted, but I'd be shocked if he voted no at the end of the day.

At this point, we're relying on the conscience of Collins and the political calculations of Murkowski. Murkowski already has reasons not to vote for Kavanaugh even outside of the sexual assault allegations.

I think at this point the GOP calculation is that any more time to discuss this is going to be bad for Kavanaugh, and, meanwhile, that if they can push him forward there will be no more press cycles around the accusations (which is unlikely)

Let's just throw this out here: can you imagine if Dr Ford had acted the way he did today? Republican men aren't going to understand this, but every woman who watched this today saw the double standard clearly on display. It was every meeting we've ever sat in. It must be so nice to be able to interrupt everyone around you, show abject disrespect for them, refuse to answer questions, yell, shout, and cry...and to not have your temperament or fitness for a job questioned.

Yeah no surprise there.

Jeff Flake is playing conflicted, but I'd be shocked if he voted no at the end of the day.

At this point, we're relying on the conscience of Collins and the political calculations of Murkowski. Murkowski already has reasons not to vote for Kavanaugh even outside of the sexual assault allegations.

I think at this point the GOP calculation is that any more time to discuss this is going to be bad for Kavanaugh, and, meanwhile, that if they can push him forward there will be no more press cycles around the accusations (which is unlikely)

Let's just throw this out here: can you imagine if Dr Ford had acted the way he did today? Republican men aren't going to understand this, but every woman who watched this today saw the double standard clearly on display. It was every meeting we've ever sat in. It must be so nice to be able to interrupt everyone around you, show abject disrespect for them, refuse to answer questions, yell, shout, and cry...and to not have your temperament or fitness for a job questioned.
    Lulz

Lucky.

I have a brother who has lived here most of his life. He's here illegally from the Philippines, and today I sat around and wondered how many more times I'm going to get to see him. If Trump does what he promised- will my brother be forced to leave? He barely knows the Philippines- this is his home. Where would he even go? He barely knows the family over there. And I know some of you here can't wait for my brother to leave because you feel like he's taking something from you, and he deserves it. And some of you will just find this so hilarious. But he's my brother. And I love him. And now I find myself wondering if in two years, he'll be at Christmas with us.

A colleague of mine showed up to work on the edge of tears today. Mike Pence is already talking about the LGBTQ rights he's looking forward to dismantling, and he's one of the most anti-gay elected officials in the country. He's responsible for one of the freedom to discrimination/freedom of religion bills. Her sister called her up sobbing, terrified of what this is going to mean for her. I broke down too- what does this mean for my other brother who happens to be gay? What about all of my friends?

I get how this is some major political victory for some people here. And how it's just hysterically funny to others. And I get how some of you just feel like this is no big deal- because for you it may not be.

But for some of us- this is beyond terrifying. I'm so scared for my family that I'm literally sick to my stomach.