Page 81 of 89 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Thread: Manafort

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    If nothing else it shows clearly that the President of the United States has such terrible judgement he's a threat to national security. How can we have a president who routinely and accidentally(?) hires criminals, then defends those criminals as good guys.
    So you admit it shows nothing else. Finally.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    So you admit it shows nothing else. Finally.
    So you admit you're a retard who flings shit like a monkey. Finally.

3. Default

He's a flipper. All that tough talk and now even Paul's cooperating.
    Trump said recently how brave Manafort was for not talking, and now he's likely testifying in front of the grand jury at this very moment..

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Trump said recently how brave Manafort was for not talking, and now he's likely testifying in front of the grand jury at this very moment..
    I'd love to know the atmosphere in the WH today. LOL Trump's got to be P I S S E D

Quote Originally Posted by Some Rogue View Post
    I shart my pants for hours playing gs on the weekends
    ooookaaay...

I'd love to know the atmosphere in the WH today. LOL Trump's got to be P I S S E D
    I assume Trump would be aware first thing, before it was even broken as a story. I'm expecting an angry tweet but other than that I'm pretty sure shit's functioning like it has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I assume Trump would be aware first thing, before it was even broken as a story. I'm expecting an angry tweet but other than that I'm pretty sure shit's functioning like it has been.
    Yeah, there's nothing related to collusion with manafort so it doesn't really matter to him, I'd say.

8. Default

There is a tweet storm warning for the next 48 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    There is a tweet storm warning for the next 48 hours.
    He's got a whole weekend in “the devil’s workshop” with nothing but cable news and time on his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Imagine what Manafort knows. He's the only person who is about to get a Pardon. Trump must be terrified.

I am completely confused for the first time ever. Trump announced as clearly as possible that he intended to pardon Manafort, and Trump said as clearly as possible that it was because Manafort was not a "rat." Manafort has jeopardized his chances of getting a pardon. A pardon was his only chance to avoid going to jail. Why did he do it?

I can think of three possibilities, none of which are very convincing. First, Manafort may have reached an agreement that avoided forfeiture of his entire fortune. Asset forfeiture would have been a punishment for his crimes if he were convicted. Second, Mueller may have been able to work out something on the state crimes for which Trump cannot pardon Manafort. The state crimes, for those of you who don't know, would include the same tax fraud. If you cheat on your federal taxes, then you need to cheat on your state taxes too so that the two are consistent. Third, it may have something to do with avoiding legal jeopardy for Manafort's spouse or children.

I think there must be something more to it. Some secret so dark and terrible that it exceeds my imagination.