Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mage GuildMasters Gain Merchant Charging!

Blog Entries

Default Mage GuildMasters Gain Merchant Charging!

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...ents/view/3026

Infuriated by the rising costs of reagents and enchanting materials, wizard guild masters at the local Wehnimer's branch took to the streets to vent their frustrations. The protest turned violent when merchant guild representatives hit the streets to silence and mock the mages who might cut into their profits. Chaos ensued as the mages lost their tempers and unleashed fire and fury on the snooty merchants and their wagons. At day's end, many a merchant was battered and bruised from staff and book, and at least two wagons were reduced to ash. Several wizards were seen running away from the scene carrying bags of loot and merchandise. The local constable has been dispatched to track down the stolen merchandise, but admits the chances of recovery are slim. When asked the total loss of goods suffered in the incident, the merchant's guild representative responded, "the goods are easily replaced, but the recharge trade secrets, RECHARGE TRADE SECRETS are gone!" before rushing off in tears.

There now exist wizard master level "rodyn" potions that will convert any magic item into mage rechargeable items for a small window of time (60 seconds). During this time a wizard may use an orb prepared with 517 to charge the item using the same rules that GM-Merchant characters use for charging items. Meaning no chance of failure (assuming the item hasn't deteriorated to the point of not being chargable verifiable via merchant messaging on 405) and much lower mana costs (1 mana per charge) than traditional mage charging. Creation of this potion will require a high-level and rare ingredient, but will produce a potion with 5 pours, allowing upwards of 200 charges from a single non-rechargeable item at nominal risk.

Viduus

This message was originally posted in Wizards, Major Elemental Circle. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/237/2655/view/2770

Viduus is a master troll and this was actually a real recipe. It can be learned from the library according to Viduus on discord.

Updated for full recipe.

Instructions on preparing a proper Rodyn Potion
    Step 1: Add water
    Step 2: Add 2 doses of ground ayana leaf
    Step 3: Add 2 doses of essence of water
    Step 4: Chant Charge Item
    Step 5: Add faintly shimmering dust
    Step 6: Infuse mana
    Step 7: Add an iridescent glowing core
    Step 8: Boil
    Step 9: Seal
    Last edited by drauz; 04-24-2018 at 08:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Viduus - Today at 10:40 PM
    as a side note, it's been available via the library since the 1st

Viduus - Today at 10:43 PM
    you guys generally still won't like the ingredient requirement, but it is a system that uses the same rules as merchant recharging, so with a 5 pour potion you could kick out ~200 charges if you manage to find a heroism spoon or something

Totally blew this off as a April fools post. This is seriously a real thing?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loxe View Post
    Yup, they are doing an event to release it. Half the recipe went out last night. Other half should go out tonight.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Yup, they are doing an event to release it. Half the recipe went out last night. Other half should go out tonight.
    It's cool that they're doing this. Actually kind of reinforces why i intend to do alchemy with my mage when i finish with Mae.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

Quote Originally Posted by loxe View Post
    I thought it was too. I even responded to the thread like "Damn, I thought they were gonna do something besides nerf wizards some more until I saw the date." or something like that.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-23-2018 at 08:46 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Yep well it’s back to the grind for me then....20 ranks in potions and I will be completely mastered in alchemy. Bastards!

I think its still 51% greater or more likely that this is a convoluted April fool's joke.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I thought it was too. I even responded to the thread like "Damn, I thought they were gonna do something besides nerf wizards some more until I saw the date." or something like that.
    It will require 400 ranks of water lore...

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    It will require 400 ranks of water lore...

401. For April Fools.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible