Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenstrom

Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    Well, according to my bare-bones backstory of Hlendril he is the son of a mercenary band leader in Homeland. He was abused as a kid, tormentef by his father for being the weakest born son, left to die as an infant only to be saved by a Giant Woman empath whom he refers as grandma. He strongly despise the empire, mostly the Knights because of Feudalism I guess and some Giantkin genocide that happened long ago told many times by his comrades... Yes, more non-document lore, yeah I'm unexpected. He also had an altercation with the church of Koar, which I have not thought about yet. I don't know. I just feel like I'm some monster everyone is trying to kill or chase away.
    I don’t know what’s up with any of this since I only really interacted with you once or twice, but I guarantee you there have been plenty of people in GS who have been 93848198269394737x shittier than what’s being said about you in this thread.

If the claims are true, just stop being a noob and most people will get over it. I’m sure there will be some exceptions, because GS players in general love to hold onto shit, but yeah.

7 months is still pretty much being brand new to the game. If you were to reroll or level up an alt, it’ll go a lot faster this time around.

And for fuck’s sake get Lich. That’s probably half of your problem. As fucked and chaotic as LNet is, there’s still a lot of good info to be had on it about pretty much anything.

You’re handicapping the shit out of yourself as a player by not using it, which ends up handicapping your character’s progression too. Playing GS without Lich in 2018 is like driving a car with a Flintstones engine.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-11-2018 at 06:20 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    You’re handicapping the shit out of yourself as a player by not using it, which ends up handicapping your character’s progression too. Playing GS without Lich in 2018 is like driving a car with a Flintstones engine.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

As a player who has watched you Hlendril interact with others, what I've witnessed has been almost entirely asking/begging for help/spells/items, and then whining/complaining if this wasn't given. It's fine to ask for things, but it's not fine to act entitled to them. If you re-read your original post it's the same, you wanted attention then felt like you weren't given the proper amount and then you complained. It's very off-putting and not constructive to a community game or any kind of roleplaying environment.

Role-play your character however you want, but know that role-playing is a giving type of medium, the more you put in, and the more you give to others, the more you'll get back out of it in terms of a community in the end. I don't mean literally just giving items or money, but giving time and effort to communicate, and not just constantly demanding everybody help you out and then get whiny when they don't. It's like if you are doing improv theater, it's a team sport and it's better when everybody is helping everybody else out, if you can't interact with anybody else on the team properly, well it'll make for a crap show.

The people that Kenstrom and other GMs tend to interact with and highlight the most in their storylines tend to be the players who have put the most into the game, in their time and interactions with the community around them. I'm fairly shy and keep to myself a lot (a nice thing about GS is you can play pretty solo if you want and still get fun out of it), so I don't thrust myself into a lot of storylines, but even so I've definitely had memorable GM interactions I've really appreciated both as a F2P player when I started out and then as a Prime player once I realized how much fun playing this game is.

You've been given constructive advice on this thread, even if some of it was blunt and direct. Try to treat the game less as something where everybody around you owes you everything, and please stop complaining so much about perceived injustices. It's exhausting to listen to in game, and I haven't spent very much time around you. But you are the captain of your own ship, you can certainly turn your fortunes around if you try and I feel there would be a lot of people in game to help you if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    I suggest you learn how traps actually work.
    Boomers use to blow other people in the room up. Did that get nerfed too? I don't think I've even seen a boomer trap in years.

Either way, if a boomer trap won't do it, a scale trap will.

I'll throw in 1m if you yell ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! first and stream it.

I wouldn't ask anyone to do something I wouldn't do myself, of course...

You belt out, "ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You become visible again.
    Tackle what?

Arkans traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...

>cast at my che

Washee cackles!

You gesture at a plain iron chest.
    The chest vibrates slightly but nothing else happens.
    [Spell re-prepared]
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
    >
    * Razcor just bit the dust!
    >
    cast at my che
    cast at my che
    cast at my che

Arkans gestures at Washee.
    Arkans stares deeply into Washee's eyes.
    CS: +384 - TD: +264 + CvA: -21 + d100: +56 == +155
    Warding failed!
    Washee collapses to the ground screaming!
    Washee is stunned!

Rern leaps from hiding to attack!
    Rern swings an uber 10x permablessed falchion at Augie!
    AS: +326 vs DS: +525 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +83 = -89
    A clean miss.

[Spell re-prepared]
    [Spell re-prepared]
    >
    cast at my che

You hear a soft click from the chest and it suddenly flies open.
    Suddenly, a plain iron chest gives off a loud sizzle, and explodes in a bright flash!
    Being closest, you take the brunt of the blast!
    ... 50 points of damage!
    Massive blow to your chest collapses your sternum!
    You are stunned for 8 rounds!

The chest's casing is blasted into hundreds of tiny flechettes!

You are severely perforated!
    ... 35 points of damage!
    Shot destroys eye and the brain behind it!
    The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
    A luminescent aura fades from around you.
    Your concentration on the image fades.
    You no longer bristle with energy.
    The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves you.
    You feel less confident than before.
    You feel the extra courage wane.
    You feel your extra magical awareness leave you.
    You feel the surge of magic depart.
    You notice the faint image of yourself disappear.
    The bright luminescence fades from around you.
    You come back into focus.
    The layer of protection fades away.
    You become solid again.
    The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
    The translucent sphere fades from around you.
    You feel your extra strength departing.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 10 mins...
    Augie is struck by flechettes!
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Surgical strike removes Augie's left eye!
    She is stunned!
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Strike just below the jaw, nice shot to the neck!
    Washee is struck by flechettes!
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Shot to the hand slices a finger to the bone!
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Well aimed shot, punctures upper arm!
    Dozens of flechettes fly off to the northeast!

>
    You are a ghost! You must wait until someone resurrects you, or you decay. Either way, it won't be long now! (HELP for more details).

I didn't make for a very good terrorist though.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-11-2018 at 06:26 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Was that the server for testing out GS4?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    Does the mayor and town Guru really need to get involved in directly shitting on players though? It gives everyone else a free pass to be shitty, which isn’t helpful. Instead of ignoring him during the rone story he became the topic of it.

If he annoys your character, start a fight with him
    If he annoys your player, ignore him and move on.

But to the question in the OP, it’s not money based, but yes GMs have their preferred folks. Usually for good, long standing RP interactions, sometimes for bullshit boner reasons, but it’s 100 up to the gm, so complaining about it won’t work in your favor. I also have to give some weight to what others are saying, you need to share the space better. If a room had 20 people and a gm, the BEST you should expect is 1/20 of the GMs attention IF they talked directly to each person once, which they usually don’t have time for. You have to accept the limitations of text speed and not ask 4 questions a second (though many other folks could heed that advice too) since no one can respond so fast.
    Sounds like you need a safe space forum to cry in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    Well, according to my bare-bones backstory of Hlendril he is the son of a mercenary band leader in Homeland. He was abused as a kid, tormentef by his father for being the weakest born son, left to die as an infant only to be saved by a Giant Woman empath whom he refers as grandma. He strongly despise the empire, mostly the Knights because of Feudalism I guess and some Giantkin genocide that happened long ago told many times by his comrades... Yes, more non-document lore, yeah I'm unexpected. He also had an altercation with the church of Koar, which I have not thought about yet. I don't know. I just feel like I'm some monster everyone is trying to kill or chase away.
    Why can’t people just role play normal situations? Every character seems to have some wounded tortured soul story. You might as well role play seeing a shrink while you’re at it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Why can’t people just role play normal situations? Every character seems to have some wounded tortured soul story. You might as well role play seeing a shrink while you’re at it.
    I remember back when everyone was an orphan, so I was like no! I'm going to come from a regular loving family! I'm such a rebel.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I remember back when everyone was an orphan, so I was like no! I'm going to come from a regular loving family! I'm such a rebel.
    Orphan, raised by wolves, parents killed, all siblings dead, must avenge some cruel Lord/Lady. Blah blah blah blah.

I never knew it was this horrible. I really should have been more aware of the terrible stuff I've done as for not to make such a mess. I feel like some kind of monster that is being chased out by an angry mob. I will follow all the advice you have given me. As much as I feel embarrassed for drawing this much attention, at least I known what I was doing was completely wrong.
    Leafiara just took a long walk off of a short pier!

J>kick rone
    J>
    You kick Rone!