Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: My goodbye forever rant

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    People did talk about it in the official server, too, and openly in our unrestricted logs. I have no idea if anyone bugged it. But again, why is on the player to make sure that what the system allows is not a bug? The 925 changes *told* people that some previously unenchantable things were now enchantable.
    Quote Originally Posted by HebrewToYou View Post
    I was hyper-communicative with staff about this item, going so far as to ask Wyrom about it in the official discord.
    I went back through the discord looking for those conversations, and from what I can tell, Wyrom said to BUG it in game. Then, by the time Nodyre asked about it being a bug in mid August, the staff had already been investigating and had a "list". They might have considered it too little, too late. Alternatively, they could have just said 'warn them all and move on'. Maybe a little of both.
    Last edited by Taernath; 09-04-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

2. Default

I don't think your analogy works here, @Mobius1.

GM Naos explicitly directed players to experiment with the new system to see what could & could not now be enchanted. To extend your thinking: Simutronics owns the property and invited paying guests in to open doors, rummage through dresser-drawers, and use the restrooms. It's fairly absurd for them to blame their paying guests when one of them clogs the toilet.

Simutronics *must* be responsible for clearly setting their boundaries in an easily-accessible, searchable, and structured manner. The wiki, sadly, is not that – especially considering that the new enchanting page has not been touched by a single staff member since it was created. And the official forums and discord are not cutting-the-mustard either!
    Last edited by HebrewToYou; 09-04-2019 at 12:43 PM.

3. Default

Where did Wyrom said to BUG the krodera sword, Taernath? I just looked again and couldn't find it. If you look in the #mechanics thread on the official Discord, the sword was discussed on March 14th with most everyone being entirely unclear about exactly what krodera is all about. Wyrom's only reply that I can see is that it's "veil iron-esque" (in the #gm-questions thread) – and my experience with veil iron is that it is found at enchantments above +25 in the treasure system and can even be sanctified and flared.

I don't think you analogy works here, @Mobius1.

GM Naos explicitly directed players to experiment with the new system to see what could & could not now be enchanted. To extend your thinking: Simutronics owns the property and invited paying guests in to open doors, rummage through dresser-drawers, and use the restrooms. It's fairly absurd for them to blame their paying guests when one of them clogs the toilet.

Simutronics *must* be responsible for clearly setting their boundaries in an easily-accessible, searchable, and structured manner. The wiki, sadly, is not that – especially considering that the new enchanting page has not been touched by a single staff page since it was created. And the official forums and discord are not cutting-the-mustard either!
    Well, again, I can't speak for what evidence they have, any it may very well be the case that in some instances of warnings, it was unfounded. I certainly can't speak for you in your case, at any rate, in regards to whether or not you were guilty of what they accused you of.

But I do think my analogy is fair. It's like that show Bait Car - They may leave the car running with the keys in the ignition and the door unlocked in a bad neighborhood. But driving off with the car is still theft. Whereas some people will take the keys out of the ignition, and try to look around for the owner - These are like the people who BUG it, or ask the GMs on Discord (Like the guy I heard ask.).

But in your case, a more fitting analogy might be that your neighbor left the lid off their garbage can, and busted you for taking some trash out of it. I'd say busting you in this case would be extreme. Sure, you could have asked your neighbor, but come on?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Seems like you have no less of a boner with your disgust of Simu practices. Hell, most of us here agree that Simu isn't spot free in all of this. They should have bloody locked the car door, so to speak.

But the situation you describe of enchanting Coraesine, would not have resulted in a warning. So I don't agree with your point here.
    History has shown that there's more to it on the Simu side of things, which is why I take issue with them reacting the way they are. The last scenario something like this happened in was when they accidentally sold 6x HCP/HCW items off the shelf at DR. Wyrom lied up and down saying it would crash the market if they left those items there, when in reality all they wanted to do was release the smithy a couple months later to squeeze a few extra dollars out.

This stinks exactly like that. Like they left those things different from other materials because they're planning on releasing cash shop enchants for them in a few months but forgot to check the box in the code so they weren't enchantable by players.

Time will tell on it obviously, but it's something they've done before. They come up with BS excuses in the moment and then wait a few months for everyone to forget about it. So yes, I am erring on the side of "fuck them", because what they say can't be trusted.

For the record, I don't like HotA either, but not for anything to do with this issue.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 09-04-2019 at 01:01 PM.

6. Default

Oh, they're *clearly* working on an enchantment version of the Smithy. Enchanting coraesine deprived them of future incremental revenue, and that wrong must be righted!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    History has shown that there's more to it on the Simu side of things, which is why I take issue with them reacting the way they are. The last scenario something like this happened in was when they accidentally sold 6x HCP/HCW items off the shelf at DR. Wyrom lied up and down saying it would crash the market if they left those items there, when in reality all they wanted to do was release the smithy a couple months later to squeeze a few extra dollars out.

This stinks exactly like that. Like they left those things different from other materials because they're planning on releasing cash shop enchants for them in a few months but forgot to check the box in the code so they weren't enchantable by players.

Time will tell on it obviously, but it's something they've done before. They come up with BS excuses in the moment and then wait a few months for everyone to forget about it. So yes, I am erring on the side of fuck them, because what they say can't be trusted.

For the record, I don't like HotA either, but not for anything to do with this issue.
    The bullshit works in both directions, like "Guild nights are the cause of the lag".

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    The bullshit works in both directions, like "Guild nights are the cause of the lag".
    The lag I don't blame HotA for. That's just poor design. A few of them being dicks about it is on them, but why I don't like them is that they're 95% afk scripting and also firing hundreds of dollars every Reim night into orbs and thus get special treatment for it. Simu looked everywhere but at that revenue stream as the "cause" of the lag. There's no question what's causing the lag.

Okay, I've been hesitant to post here since y'all are just super fucked up to one another, but I feel I should briefly address this topic.

My rogue, Nodyre, received a warning over enchanting a 90's era krodera sword. He is also a "Captain" in HoA, for the record. I got the same spiel from Coase in the consultation lounge that the others did. I was hyper-communicative with staff about this item, going so far as to ask Wyrom about it in the official discord. It's mechanically deficient (as others have noted in this thread) and I didn't even bother paying to have it enchanted beyond +32 (above the "normal" +25) in the months I had it. I don't use the sword except to wave it around due to the silly alteration it has. And there was no conspiracy to have this enchanted, either – it was discussed openly in-game in the remote locale of Gardenia Commons. Most notably, the item is just weird in general. It's blessable, unlike other "anti-magic" metals, which is why no wizard I hired ever thought twice about enchanting it.

Yet, despite all this, I received a warning for GMA. So I ask you to pause for a moment and reflect on this question: If Coase didn't hesitate to issue *me* a warning for something that was clearly above-board, why should he receive the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the warnings he issued to others?

Thank you for your time and attention.
    Wow, another AotA getting a warning...shocker.

Bottom line - your MHO is corrupt and those involved should have banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    The lag I don't blame HotA for. That's just poor design. A few of them being dicks about it is on them, but why I don't like them is that they're 95% afk scripting and also firing hundreds of dollars every Reim night into orbs and thus get special treatment for it. Simu looked everywhere but at that revenue stream as the "cause" of the lag. There's no question what's causing the lag.
    When Dreaven found that a large number of people getting spells in one room crashed the game and/or caused lag he changed his actions. When the HoTA did/does it they laugh at everyone else and cry about how there is no other way to do it.

It's really that simple.

Dreaven even went further and refined his scripts to reduce actions with little to no impact on the service he was providing. A single fucking person made more an effort to help the game more successfully than the proclaimed "Best of gemstone" all jammed together who are only out for themselves.