Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Things we wish Simutronics would fix (but they probably won't)

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I said it in Vanilla/BC, and I'll say it again! Shamans are just druids whose players never learned to read good or do other stuff good too and accidentally clicked the wrong class at creation.
    Elemental shamans rocked in Vanilla/TBC as proved by Ioneye.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I don't remember the specific post that Tseric ended up getting fired over, but I'm pretty sure he started popping off on a player on the forums. Which was probably deserved, but I don't remember what was happening at the time.
    It was during class review and he was filling in for whoever was the main shaman guy at the time. Shaman were in bad shape. There was a lot of really good suggestions and discussion (with shitposting intermixed) but he ignored all the well written and thought-out stuff and only responded to the shitposting. Once the class review was finished and virtually nothing that was suggested was done, the community had reached critical mass he made his infamous 'get off my internet' post. I feel for the guy but at the same time, he brought a lot of it on himself.
    Last edited by Taernath; 11-08-2018 at 11:07 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    It was during class review and he was filling in for whoever was the main shaman guy at the time. Shaman were in bad shape. There was a lot of really good suggestions and discussion (with shitposting intermixed) but he ignored all the well written and thought-out stuff and only responded to the shitposting. Once the class review was finished and virtually nothing that was suggested was done, the community had reached critical mass he made his infamous 'get off my internet' post. I feel for the guy but at the same time, he brought a lot of it on himself.
    He was pretty douchy on the mage forums too from what I remember.

There's even a Tseric wiki holy shit

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Tseric
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

4. Default

Tseric did do a lot of stuff near the end that should have got him fired. That said, Blizzard threw the guy to the wolves. I'm not sure if they didn't care or were hoping he could calm the shaman community down but all he could do was be the bearer of bad news. The community wasn't pleased and took it out on him. I still blame Blizzard for that.

Shaman were great in Vanilla from what I understand, but they were terrible in Burning Crusade. They didn't get nerfed, every other class was just continuously buffed. It was a well accepted fact by the entire WoW community that shaman were the weakest class in the game. It got bad enough that other classes were asking for shaman to be buffed. Everyone got boosted in the next expansion though but I quit the class before then. The main I played for years until I quit was a druid. I enjoyed that class so much and never touch the shaman class again.

The entire thing taught me how important it was for a community and the devs to communicate with each other. Games can live and die by it.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hymore246 View Post
    The entire thing taught me how important it was for a community and the devs to communicate with each other. Games can live and die by it.
    The moral of the story is the Blizzard learned its lesson and started communicating with its fanbase and they never again released a mobile version of Diablo rehashing old graphics and got booed at their own convention ever again. The end.

Tseric did do a lot of stuff near the end that should have got him fired. That said, Blizzard threw the guy to the wolves. I'm not sure if they didn't care or were hoping he could calm the shaman community down but all he could do was be the bearer of bad news. The community wasn't pleased and took it out on him. I still blame Blizzard for that.

Shaman were great in Vanilla from what I understand, but they were terrible in Burning Crusade. They didn't get nerfed, every other class was just continuously buffed. It was a well accepted fact by the entire WoW community that shaman were the weakest class in the game. It got bad enough that other classes were asking for shaman to be buffed. Everyone got boosted in the next expansion though but I quit the class before then. The main I played for years until I quit was a druid. I enjoyed that class so much and never touch the shaman class again.

Sounds like how warlocks are now. I don't know how they are in PvE, but in PvP they're free as fuck.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

7. Default

There's always one class that's perceived to be the worst in any given role in any given expansion. In Vanilla it was Druids. People were hesitant to even bring me in a group because I could only rez every 15 or 30 minutes or whatever it was. They eventually came around to the fact that I wasn't letting them die anyway so it didn't matter, but that was when you were only playing with people on your server. In BC it was Shamans, but man, Shamans had the biggest gap by far of any of the expansions. They were just bad in any role you put them in. Thankfully, Druids during BC were kings. Two buttons and top the heal charts every time, while moving!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Sounds like how warlocks are now. I don't know how they are in PvE, but in PvP they're free as fuck.
    I gave up on PvP because Blizzard constantly jumbles the meta every patch. Not to mention every class being completely redefined every expansion. Having to constantly relearn and get more PvP gear is annoying.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

I gave up on PvP because Blizzard constantly jumbles the meta every patch. Not to mention every class being completely redefined every expansion. Having to constantly relearn and get more PvP gear is annoying.
    For what it’s worth, gear barely matters in PvP anymore.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-08-2018 at 07:01 PM.

10. Default

Best I can tell, neither gear nor skill matters anymore. Everything's just kind of handed to you for putting enough time in.