Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Things we wish Simutronics would fix (but they probably won't)

1. Default Things we wish Simutronics would fix (but they probably won't)

Continued from here because I realized we had hijacked some poor guy's finished sales thread.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...49#post2063649

I don't have much else to say but I'll get the ball rolling:

It's laughable that the only meaningful non-microtransaction development being done is being done to fix a system that's been broken for more than a decade (player shops), by a simutronics employee doing it in his spare time. And I'm not convinced they won't be adding a bunch of microtransaction crap to that system when it's done (They have repeatedly refused to state such).
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 11-01-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Blog Entries

A little while ago I divested myself from GS and only play when they have free months going. I still love the game, but I can't ignore the direction it's been heading the last few years.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

3. Default

I'd like golvern to get some loving.

Yeah, metals in general could use some mechanical implementation. Also, sanctification should be opened up to monks (and maybe Voln GM's to a more limited extent).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aluvius View Post
    Yeah, metals in general could use some mechanical implementation. Also, sanctification should be opened up to monks (and maybe Voln GM's to a more limited extent).
    Monks aren't particularly holy though. The religious monks you are thinking about from monasteries and stuff are clerics.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    A little while ago I divested myself from GS and only play when they have free months going. I still love the game, but I can't ignore the direction it's been heading the last few years.
    except I don’t play at all anymore, I just continue to publish the occasional Elanthian Vogue because it reminds me of the fun aspects of GS that don’t involve microtransactions. The poorly executed business model and appalling customer service with little regard given to feedback - unless it immediately impacts on their profit margins - just frustrated me so much that I took the only course of action left and cancelled my subscriptions. I seriously doubt they care but I feel better about it!
    Rohese's GS Wiki page

You arrange yourself on the throne.

You attend to your gold wirework circlet, carefully smoothing the hair underneath, and adopt a regal air as you survey the area.

You think to yourself, "I got this"

Blog Entries

This will probably be my last EG, to many unlocks offered as services for items that don't need to have unlocks to begin with. Not enough GALD.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    I didn’t realize this was your reason for leaving!

And people need to realize more how slot machine events affect people who straight up pay their sub, don’t sell silvers for cash, and just play the game how any normal online game is played. I think more and more “normal” players will quit.

Wyrom should’ve taken the advice of so many players and just left EG alone, you had your Dusk, Dusk Dig, Delirium, etc. just leave this marquee yearly event old school ticketed. But that greed man...

Then again if there is a single player dropping $1000+ a month on the game, how many Rohese’s is he worth monetarily? Think about how people like Rohese enriches the gaming experience above and beyond that dude that wants his 67x enchant GM killing dagger. Wyrom probably knows.
    Simu has never given a shit about how anything they do affects things long term. They've always been focused on the immediate short term and always will be. Which is why they're too cheap to advertise, because if it doesn't immediately generate massive profits, then they see it as an expense instead of an investment.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-03-2018 at 09:04 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    This will probably be my last EG, to many unlocks offered as services for items that don't need to have unlocks to begin with. Not enough GALD.
    Looks like nothing has changed from last year. I quit playing back in January partly because of how terrible EG 2017 was with GALD. In 2015 and 2016, I was able to get 20+ GALD. In 2017, I got 5. Not only was less GALD offered but nearly every merchant would only work on their own items. What the hell is with that? It also didn't help that after doing the math, I would have been better off not going to EG at all and instead just buy the stuff I wanted at the end of the month from PC. The best item I got was a T5 win, a pair of plain 5x UAC gloves. Sold for 50k on PC. EG was a complete waste of time and money.

The other reason and the final straw was that whole $1500 for private property thing in December of last year. I was completely disgusted by simu's greed. What's worse is they made $24,000 from it.

All I want simu to do is stop with the microtransactions. I know it's asking too much to get rid of them completely but the reason I was sticking around here since January was that I was hoping they would plateau and find a good point to stop pushing. They haven't and it's just got worse. The 1206 SK item is the biggest example but adding a carrot on the stick to everything they release is terrible too. 620 resists on metal armor requires a 1/day random world drop makes the new feature worthless. The players just can't have nice things. Well without paying extra for it. The GMs completely ignore any feedback given by players and do nothing but add more pay events to the game.

GS4 has a small community. If everyone put aside their differences, banded together, and refused to go to anymore paid events until simu stopped with the aggressive microtransactions, it would force simu into action. They would close the game. It's clear that they are just letting the game coast until it is not profitable. The game itself has stopped growing and their only interest is draining money from it's existing players.

I've given up at this point. I'll probably hangout till the end of the year to see what BS simu is going to throw out to screw the players at the last moment. I'll probably update the planner one more time before putting this game behind me for good.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Then again if there is a single player dropping $1000+ a month on the game, how many Rohese’s is he worth monetarily?
    They realized they don't have to market their product to their entire customer base, they can just focus on the 10% of customers who buy 80% of their product. It's why they've never cared about advertising. The people who spent thousands-per-festival aren't about to leave.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.