Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HARDCORE Contest: Big Game Hunting

Blog Entries

Default HARDCORE Contest: Big Game Hunting

A new month, a new competition. The name of the game this time is big game hunting. Now, big game in this competition will be relative to your level. The goal is to have the largest (positive) gap in levels between you and your strongest foe.

How levels will be measured: Creatures will be measured using their listing on the wiki. Grizzled/Ancient creatures will be giving +5 levels to their base. While these numbers may not always be accurate, it will prove consistent enough for the purposes of this competition.

Exempt creatures: Bandits, invasion creatures, and Grimswarm will not be included in this competition. As these creature's base levels cannot be objectively known, they are not suitable for the competition.

Prizes Pt 1: The winning entry will receive 4 million silver and a permanent spot on the HARDCORE leaderboards. The Runner up will receive 1 million silver and also be mentioned on the leaderboards.

Prizes Pt 2: In addition to the first and second place prizes, I will be adding the following tiered prizes and Leaderboards updates.

Prizes Pt. 3 F2P Competitors will be given their own bracket if 2 more contests place in the competition.

Notable kills are creatures 10+ levels above you. This tier will award 500k.

Distinguished kills are creatures 15+ levels above you. This tier will award 1 million silver.

Exceptional kills are creatures 20+ levels above you. This tier will award 1.5 million silver.

Exemplary kills are creatures 25+ levels above you. This tier will award 2 million silver.

Phenomenal
    kills are creatures 30+ levels above you. This tier will award 2.5 million silver.

Heroic kills are creatures 35+ levels above you. This tier will award 3 million silver.

Legendary kills are creatures 40+ levels above you. This tier will award 3.5 million silver.

Fantastical kills are creatures 45+ levels above you. This tier will award 4 million silver.

Wondrous kills are creatures 50+ levels above you. This tier will award 5 million silver.

Miraculous kills are creatures 55+ levels above you. This tier will award 6 million silver.

NOTE: Only *1* kill per contestant will be counted for this competition.
    NOTE: A minimum of a Notable kill is required in order to place in the competition.

Method of Entry: Valid entries can be submitted to this thread, to Evarin via discord, or to Sulikfor via Lnet (make sure I respond that I have acknowledged you or your submission may get lost). I will also be checking people's profiles to independently enter competitors and verify information when possible. However, I will use the level I observe in your profile using this method, so if you want the most accurate information you should submit a copy of your profile at the time of your kill.

Deadline: All entries will be collected or submitted no later than February 28th at 11:59 PM EST.

Disclaimer: As always I reserve the right to modify any and all rules regarding the competition, disqualify any entry, or outright cancel the event if needed. I highly doubt these steps will be necessary, however.

Good luck and good hunting!
    Last edited by Fallen; 02-12-2018 at 02:30 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name: Lord Onquer
    Profession: Wizard Level: 27
    Race: Dark Elf Gender: Male

AFFILIATIONS

No MHO affiliation
    Master in the Order of Voln

ACHIEVEMENTS

Strongest foe vanquished: a greater ice giant

That's 19 levels above me.
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord

Blog Entries

As Onquer is insane, I will be amending the prize information to add tiers so that there is a chance at fortune and glory for all who dare hunt their big game. See the original post for more details.

Prizes Pt 2: In addition to the first and second place prizes, I will be adding the following tiered prizes and Leaderboards updates.

Notable kills are creatures 10+ levels above you. This tier will award 500k.

Distinguished kills are creatures 15+ levels above you. This tier will award 1 million silver.

Exceptional kills are creatures 20+ levels above you. This tier will award 1.5 million silver.
    Last edited by Fallen; 02-08-2018 at 10:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    So you mean to tell me, you made it to level 27 without any outside spells, any help, and items solely gotten by the character without. dying.once. AND now you killed something 19 levels over you again without any help and shitty gear??!

Scrolls and a blue crystal.
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord

Blog Entries

For shits and giggles:

Name: Lord Onquer
    Profession: Wizard Level: 27
    Race: Dark Elf Gender: Male

AFFILIATIONS

No MHO affiliation
    Master in the Order of Voln

ACHIEVEMENTS

Strongest foe vanquished: a major glacei

20 levels
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord

Blog Entries

I'd imagine anyone with access to fire spells could clean house in Icemule.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Strongest foe vanquished: an ice golem

26 level gap
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord

Blog Entries

Borral is on the board at level 4 killing a Forest Troll.

Strongest foe vanquished: a minor glacei

Unofer, 21st level wizard, 21 level gap

Blog Entries

You deaded?
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord