Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Connor vs Khabib

Default Connor vs Khabib

That aftermath was pretty rough. I didn't follow any of the usual hype but what the shit lead up to all that? That was nuts.

2. Default

Conor and his team went after Khabib's family and religion leading up to the fight and Khabib took personal exception to it. So because of that and the bus attack, Khabib's team felt sleighted and went after Conor's people after the fight.

It was a great freakin' fight, and Khabib's team of course was in the wrong. But there's a part of me that said even while it was going on that Conor earned whatever came his way.

Blog Entries

Guessing because McGregor and some other people attacked the bus Nurmagomedov was on earlier in the year.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Guessing because McGregor and some other people attacked the bus Nurmagomedov was on earlier in the year.
    I remember that. Really stupid, should have resulted in more than what they did. Also, they are already talking about a rematch.

5. Default

Of course they're already talking about a rematch. They knew there would be a rematch long before the PPV aired. It was pretty clear this was gonna be one of the biggest sellers of all time. Now they're just crossing their fingers and praying that Conor wins the rematch so they can make it three.

And we'll all buy all three PPVs, because of course we will. It'll be awesome.

Took about three months to sort out all the "OMG Will Conor go to jail?!" stuff from the bus attack. Probably take about the same amount of time to sort out the extracurriculars here, but there'll be a rematch soon after I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    In addition...

After the 2nd round bell, McGregor corner man/jitsu coach calls Khabib a "dirty Muslim rat", which prompted the fence jump after the fight's completion.

McGregor and his cornerman swung first in both instances.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

Quote Originally Posted by Stunseed View Post
    After the 2nd round bell, McGregor corner man/jitsu coach calls Khabib a "dirty Muslim rat"
    Holy shit.

< Of course they're already talking about a rematch. They knew there would be a rematch long before the PPV aired. It was pretty clear this was gonna be one of the biggest sellers of all time. Now they're just crossing their fingers and praying that Conor wins the rematch so they can make it three. >

I'm not so sure. I think the next set of fights will be

Khabib vs. Tony Ferguson
    Connor vs. Aldo 2

They need some time to elapse to build something for mid-2019 after the Cormier vs. Brock fight.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stunseed View Post
    Khabib vs. Tony Ferguson
    Yes, please. This is the dream match up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

10. Default

After the performance Ferguson put in the other night I can definitely see that, but I think the dollars and cents of it will put Conor/Khabib 2 ahead of it. Khabib/Ferguson won't draw as many buys, so what happens if Khabib loses? That lowers the marketability of Conor/Khabib 2 if it's not for a belt.

Where the money goes, so do the decisions. But yeah, I'd love to see either one of them.